• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I am raging right now

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams

what a joke, they picked the 2000 ravens over the 91 skins? I basically said that an all around dominant team will beat a one sided team because the only way they score on us is if the defence takes on back, our defence in 91 was damn good too, but the difference was we also had a dominant offence, more importantly we dominated against some very good teams while the 2000 ravens didnt play any truly great teams all year.

that whple system is a joke ...no steelers team made it past the 3rd round... i actually thought our team in 82-83 team with Gibbs was better than the 91 skins.

Ryan, I learned a few years ago that these voting polls are not worth it. A bunch of us were burned over at the other place when voting for team mascots. Chief Zee had so much support and it wasn't close.

The eventual "winner"? Hint: Just to the northeast of DC. Another hint: There was a script designed by a programmer that allowed the fans of that team to "stack the deck".

Again, these polls are not worth it.

Lot of 49er fans seem to be voting on that site too. :rotflmao:

I wouldn't rage too hard about this. It simply proves that the Raven fans still have that weird inferiority complex going.

it just bugs me lol, and then on my facebook some asshat tried to tell me that pittsburgh had 8 better teams than the 91 skins, so I grabbed some stats for him, I don't know how its possible for anyone to sleep on the 91 skins, that team was about as dominant as it was possible to be.

it just bugs me lol, and then on my facebook some asshat tried to tell me that pittsburgh had 8 better teams than the 91 skins, so I grabbed some stats for him, I don't know how its possible for anyone to sleep on the 91 skins, that team was about as dominant as it was possible to be.

Heh. I love when casual fans talk out of their *** like that. It's like a pitcher lobbing one over the plate. :)

The '91 Skins were one of the top ten SB teams of all time. They were a Team of Destiny, like the '85 Bears, back when wildcard teams never won superbowls because teams with good records really were That Good. True fans of the game know this. I wouldn't expect a Raven fan to know anything, but a real Steeler fan, of all people, would know a little something about this.

yeah, its funny because Jefferson and I argue football a LOT, he used to play against me on the other Calgary team that never won a championship so I maybe remind him of that from time to time, he also tried telling me that penn state is the best university for tailbacks lol so I take his arguments with a grain of salt.

The irony is that a very average Redskins team beat the Ravens in 2000.

If Norv could manage it, could Joe Gibbs in his prime?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I am pretty sure that Gibbs, in his prime, with the weapons he had at his disposal, would have figured a way to put more points on the board against the Ravens then a Petitbon defense would have given up to that Ravens offense.

But this is why I stay away from things like this fan bracket. Fans vote with their heart, not their head or their eyes, and currently energized fan bases (like those of the Ravens and 49ers) get into it more than maybe a fan base like Washington. Let's face it, the biggest highlights we have had for the last 20 years have been Hall of Fame inductions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.