• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

HTTR: Mocking the 2014 Offseason

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Normally, I'm not very impressed with HTTR. As a matter of fact, they started off awfully, and have gotten better.

But this appears to be a decent piece to at least discuss. It's a good starting point going forward:

Mocking the 2014 Offseason

Personally, I have no faith at all in Snyder's ability to identify and attain the next young and up-and-coming Gibbs, Belicheck, etc. More than anything, that's what we need. More importantly, the said individual needs to be given extensive time to grow and develop the team from the ground up and establish his program in his own image.

All Dan's been good at to this point has been generating hype and keeping the interest in the club sky high by throwing money at coaches with high profiles and past successes. Moves for Spurrier, Gibbs, and Shanahan in many ways scream desperation.

Keep in mind that when a few years back when we were clamouring for a young star at the head coach position, Snyder and Cerrato tried fooling us into believing that Zorn was part of their mastermind plan. We all know how well that turned out.

Expect the retread coaching carousel in Washington to continue and more of the same lackluster results to go along with it.

Should we be surprised though? Probably not because this is what you get in an owner who lacks in football acumen and credibility, but has deep pockets.

The next potential hire in Washington is certainly one I'm not looking forward to.

I am not sure why Benjamin would be taken at the #1 2nd round pick and not be on the final roster.

WR: Coleman, Tate, Garcon, Gallon, Hankerson, Robinson

I am not sure why Benjamin would be taken at the #1 2nd round pick and not be on the final roster.

Yeah, he messed up there. I do like how much he covers though. Coaches, assistants, FAs and draft picks. He put some thought into it.

BBQ mocks will come in late winter and the research began in mid October. May need to redo everything with a new staff coming in and adjusting to a new system.

But...

Let's just get through the next three games and enjoy the holidays. We can worry about that stuff later. Let's evaluate some younger players for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.