• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

How Will Cooley Perform Against Pitt?

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Pretty self explanatory. How will Captain Chaos perform in his first game back?

I'm going with 5 catches, 60 yards, 0 TDs. You?

Pretty self explanatory. How will Captain Chaos perform in his first game back?

I'm going with 5 catches, 60 yards, 0 TDs. You?

hate to say it, but i think that this is on the high end of things... it's his first week back, and Griffin and Paulsen have developed a relationship. I see him gettin maybe 10 - 15 snaps... 2 catches, 23 yards... and MAYBE a short TD down in the redzone.

I think what we saw is that Cooley like Moss is a former core player that is now out there because of injuries rather than any career resurgence or second act.

Cooley had zero catches and never appeared to be any credible threat either in Shanahan's game plan or in the preparations of the Steelers defense.

Cooley had zero catches and never appeared to be any credible threat either in Shanahan's game plan or in the preparations of the Steelers defense.
Kinda like Fred was the first couple games this year.

With your ability to tell from one game if a player is any good or not, how come you aren't a GM for several teams, at the same time? :)

No, smart ass. What I am doing is looking at what SHANAHAN did in the offseason - he cut Chris Cooley and kept Davis, Paul and Paulsen.

If Chris Cooley had maintained the quickness and health he had from 2004-2010 he would never have been released.

So, I am going on the basis of how the TEAM evaluated their own assets.

Did I expect Cooley or any TE to come in and have a 10 catch game after missing 8 weeks?

Frankly, no.

But he was no factor at all in the passing game. And that mirrors how Shanahan views him based on where he has played him and how he has used him - Mike seems to think Chris' greatest asset is his knowledge of the offense and his ability to use technique in blocking the scheme.

More valuable blocker than pass receiver at 31.

Will it continue that way?

We shall see.

Sorry BT. Smart ass sometimes just jumps in my shorts and takes over. All in fun, my friend.

Though I believe Cooley's cap number was the prominent factor in his release.
I'm hoping he can help. I know you do too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.