• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

HOW This Game Was Managed Has Me Steamed

I don't mind losing, but not like that. Shanahan blew that game, period! RG3 shouldn't have been in there, but going away from Morris too is just infuriating.

PS, RG3 will NOT last running this offense. He doesn't have good body control when he gets up to speed and he's a running pinata out there. Not to mention, when he does get hit before he's able to get down it's a 50/50 wether he'll hold onto the ball.

Yes, the system for Year 1 was a fit based on the talent at hand. But it is not something that we can use going forward if we want Griffin and Morris to be here for the next several years as effective performers.

Griffin took too many hits and Morris had too many carries to be honest.

We need improvement on the OL and more explosiveness out of the wide receivers. Garcon when healthy is that type of threat, but I don't think Hankerson or Robinson have shown you can count on them. Moss meanwhile is now a possession receiver at 34.

The other thing we need to figure out is the situation at TE. Is Davis capable of coming back healthy? Is Niles Paul a now failed experiment at TE? Do we need to find a quality veteran that can be Griffin's safety blanket a la Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis?

Well, then he doesn't belong in the same conversation with Gibbs or Walsh who did in fact bench starters when they didn't think they were a real 'go' or when they were no longer able to help the team on the field due to injury.

There IS as many have said a difference between being hurt and being injured. Griffin definitely was the LATTER and it doesn't take a Hall of Fame GM or Head Coach to have seen that.

Gibbs 2 says differently
Mark brunell tells Gibbs he is healthy but can barely throw

Gibbs didn't compromise Brunell's career. Putting Griffin in a position at 22 to take unabated shots while unable to step away from them is the height of irresponsibility.

Brunell was 36 years old and his injuries were cumulative based on 13 years in the NFL at that point. There was no surgery or therapy that restored Brunell's velocity.

In fact when he did throw for the Saints in the preseason you could see that his touch on anything beyond the 15-20 yard range was non-existent.

He was limping around in the philly game Tampa game and you could still see the limp in the Seattle game he might not have cost brunell but its the same scenario he listened to a player. I would have rather seen Patrick Ramsey start the Philly game that year

Putting Griffin in a position at 22 to take unabated shots while unable to step away from them is the height of irresponsibility.

Amen. Shanahan risked, and hopefully didn't just ruin the future of this franchise for years to come.

He's proven his decision making is awful, and probably a little selfish. He can't be trusted going forward.

I'm not screaming for him to be fired, but if Robert sustained a torn ACL or something of that nature, I wouldn't be upset to see him fired.

Griffin has to share the blame for telling Shanahan I am ok and trust me. When Cousins did get in I don't know why we did not roll him out.

Injuries caught up to us. Lichtensteiger went out early, Garcon wasn't 100 percent.

We will be better next year.

I put some of this on RG3. He has always been about team - until now. I hope he will mature some more and make the right decisions in the future. Otherwise, the coach needs to step in and make that call.

Bottom line, you can't play on ego alone and I'm disappointed in the choice that RG3 made today. Yes, Irvin had a cheap shot on him and I'm sure that aggravated the injury. However, there comes a point when you take one for the team and let another player step up. That worked out well in two games down the stretch and it could've worked out well if our young rookie had swallowed some pride.

I blame Shanahan the most, but i agree with you.

This was the first press conference where i was actually a little disappointed in RG3. He basically said there was no way he was coming out and he was the starter period and he was the best option.

I not ragging on RG3 though. It was Shanahan's failure. Not only wether to take him out, but to adjust and put it on Alfred's shoulders. Wether RG3 or KC was in there, Alfred should have been the one given the chance to win this game.

Yes, the system for Year 1 was a fit based on the talent at hand. But it is not something that we can use going forward if we want Griffin and Morris to be here for the next several years as effective performers.

Griffin took too many hits and Morris had too many carries to be honest.

We need improvement on the OL and more explosiveness out of the wide receivers. Garcon when healthy is that type of threat, but I don't think Hankerson or Robinson have shown you can count on them. Moss meanwhile is now a possession receiver at 34.

The other thing we need to figure out is the situation at TE. Is Davis capable of coming back healthy? Is Niles Paul a now failed experiment at TE? Do we need to find a quality veteran that can be Griffin's safety blanket a la Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis?

Couldn't agree more with these 2 statements BDT. O-line MUST be addressed, most notably RT. Need to spend no less than a 3rd rounder there, i'd prefer a 2nd tho. Unless Gettis is primed to battle for starter then may have to hit G again.

I'd start the hell over with Davis, Paulsen and Paul. Not only is FD a puff away from a year suspension but his knee may become a problem as well. Need to Get Griff/Kirk a stud safety valve when plays break down in a bad way. Morgan and Hankerson turn into Rod freegin Gardner too much for my liking.

We finally found RG3's Kryptonite.
His weakness is he does not.....

Television27.jpg

the only blame here falls on shannahan, period. a player will never come out of the game voluntarily, we are taught from a young age that if you can walk, you can play. Look at Alex smith, he came out and now despite being a top 5 qb statswise, he is riding the pine.

we spent a 4th on Kirk, the argument being we NEED a decent back up. well we got a decent backup, and he sat on the bench as we watched our franchise limp on a leg that that was obviously not good to go.

I will be surprised if that Doctor returns to the redskins, his professional reputation has been compromised because either the redskins didnt listen to his advice or he gave bad advice, given what he said earlier today, I doubt he was onboard with RG3 playing.

what burns me the most is this situation happened for the same reason we suffered for a year before shanny admitted we sucked enough for a rebuild, this happened because shanny has too much pride. this had nothing to do with loyalty to Rg3, this had to do with shanny thinking rg3 was the horse we rode in on.

90% of our scheme on offence is based on the THREAT OF A BOOTLEG when the qb cant run, not only did it negate half our playbook, but it exposed our Oline badly. on the move, we overcome being small.

if cousins goes in and sucks, but Rg3 doesnt make his injury worse, I guarantee you that the fans who have brains all walk away ok because this team showed a lot of guts and improvement in even making the playoffs. now some of us have had trhe great ending ruined for us.

I dont give a **** about the loss, its a loss, we have had 20 years to learn how to deal with a loss, I am upset because the goddamn franchise player that we sold our future to get and who has justified that selling, is now injured far more seriously than he needed to be. I wouldnt trade a win for the future , ffs not after we traded so much to get that future.

A little disappointed at the need to 'blame' someone...we wouldn't have been in this game if not for an incredible stretch of coaching. It just wasn't our day today. I wanted Grifffin pulled but I'm not going to burn Shanahan in effigy for the decision to stick with him.

I agree with Ryman. The fact that RG3 wanted to play is no excuse. Boxers getting knocked down always say they are okay to continue--even if they don't know what day of the week it is. That's when the HC needs to step in.

The problem is that Mike's contract is up in two years. He only has a short time left to win. I'm more concerned with what happens in the following five years, and making sure that RG3 is healthy enough to see them.

It was Shanny's job to recognize what everybody else on the ****ing planet could see, and pull Robert, who after the second TD drive, was ineffective, inaccurate, and a detriment to the team. Even if Cousins had come in and thrown 5 picks, it was still the obviously necessary move, to take Robert out.

It was a monumental failure on Shanny's part. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets over this. It taints an otherwise brilliant second half of the season. It was incompetent.

A little disappointed at the need to 'blame' someone...we wouldn't have been in this game if not for an incredible stretch of coaching. It just wasn't our day today. I wanted Grifffin pulled but I'm not going to burn Shanahan in effigy for the decision to stick with him.

Not saying shanahan would but coaches have been fired for pulling star QB

In the press conference, RG3 insisted he did not put his team in jeopardy by staying out there, but later when another question was posed, he stated that he thought he did put his own health in jeopardy.
WTF ?
You can't have it both ways - if you're putting your own health in jeopardy, then of course you're putting the team in jeopardy.

Griffin has to share the blame for telling Shanahan I am ok and trust me. When Cousins did get in I don't know why we did not roll him out.

Injuries caught up to us. Lichtensteiger went out early, Garcon wasn't 100 percent.

We will be better next year.
I was hoping against hope that they'd pull him at the half. It was clear he couldn't run or pass. However after putting Cousins in I was absolutely mystified that they allowed him to be a statue back there.

Not to be contrary, but imagine if Cousins goes in and throws some picks to lose the game - when RG3 tells the press after the game that he could have continued. The fan base would have been screaming.

Lose lose situation for Shanny.

As for the play calling, we were in some pretty dire field position for a big chunk of the game. A couple of catches of dropped balls would have helped, but that's another topic. And, they gave up running to the right...even when Seattle was forced to their original personnel that started the game.

But, in a loss, there's plenty of blame to go around.
Agreed but then that's why leaders get paid what they do. It's a coaching decision period. The buck stops with him and if Danny wants to second guess it then he can find another coach. Well, that would have been my stance anyway. As for Griff possibly telling the press he could've played, I just don't see him undercutting a coach that way.

Ultimately I'm not too upset. After all, it was RGIII's rookie season and it was a learning experience for him and the coaches, not just about how things work in the NFL but about his limitations as well. I'll be expecting a lot more in years 3, 4, and 5 after we've (hopefully) built a better team around him.

In the press conference, Shanahan stated he saw zero difference in RG3's ability to plant his throwing arm, up until the time he came out of the game. He is either playing CYA, or has a bad viewing angle, or his observation skills seem to perhaps be lacking,when it comes to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.