• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

How many hits today for an overall draft success?

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
If we go on the assumption the first 3 picks will develop into starters ( by no means a certainty) How many of the 10 picks today have to pan out as starters? If we only hit on 20%, that's two starters, given a total of 5 for the draft. Seems reasonable and I would think that would make this an extrememly successful draft. Anyone know what the league average is for starters per team per draft class?

I do not know, but I am sure its not five. If we end up with five starters, i will be thrilled. I think four is more realistic, with some good depth, special teams players and TC competition.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

My sense is 5 would be out of the ordinary as well. I think it's more likely that we miss on one of the first three and hit a couple out of the last ten with 1 or 2 hanging on for depth. From some of the percentages thrown around for success in various rounds, that seems very possible. Which would be a huge departure from our past debacles.

If we go on the assumption the first 3 picks will develop into starters ( by no means a certainty) How many of the 10 picks today have to pan out as starters? If we only hit on 20%, that's two starters, given a total of 5 for the draft. Seems reasonable and I would think that would make this an extrememly successful draft. Anyone know what the league average is for starters per team per draft class?

starters when? if they are established starters in four years....good by me.

also...the NT is more likely to be a rotation player. Kerrigan will start. The Miami wideout will start.........the RBs will be rotation players as well. no idea where the latter round guys will end up.

I am not as concerned about the latter picks starting as much as just having quality depth and good special teams guys. Starters are just a bonus with those late picks as far as I'm concerned.

3 starters and see a handful of the later picks fill out depth and contribute on special teams.

1. Ryan Kerrigan - will be a starter.

2. Jarvis Jenkins - will be a starter.

3. Leonard Hankerson - could start by late in the season and certainly by 2012.

4. Roy Helu - watch out for this guy. Repeating the same words for Hankerson.

5. DeJon Gomes - A project who will slip into nickel and dime coverages by 2012. By 2013, a regular contributor.

6. Niles Paul - In time, he will become a ST stud and a reliable 4th receiver.

7. Evan Royster - Another RB who will team with Torain, Helu, and Williams to form the best backfield in football by 2012. Will become a regular toward the end of this season.

8. Aldrick Robinson - A project who could find a place on ST.

9. Brandyn Thompson - Camp fodder and/or practice squad.

10. Maurice Hurt - See No. 9.

11. Markus White - Could become a reliable player in the rotation within two or three years.

12. Chris Neild - See No. 11.

Wow BB. You have done a lot more draft work than I have, so it encourages me to hear you so high on most of these guys. Just curious, why so high on White and Neild?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

1. Ryan Kerrigan - will be a starter.

2. Jarvis Jenkins - will be a starter.

3. Leonard Hankerson - could start by late in the season and certainly by 2012.

4. Roy Helu - watch out for this guy. Repeating the same words for Hankerson.

5. DeJon Gomes - A project who will slip into nickel and dime coverages by 2012. By 2013, a regular contributor.

6. Niles Paul - In time, he will become a ST stud and a reliable 4th receiver.

7. Evan Royster - Another RB who will team with Torain, Helu, and Williams to form the best backfield in football by 2012. Will become a regular toward the end of this season.

8. Aldrick Robinson - A project who could find a place on ST.

9. Brandyn Thompson - Camp fodder and/or practice squad.

10. Maurice Hurt - See No. 9.

11. Markus White - Could become a reliable player in the rotation within two or three years.

12. Chris Neild - See No. 11.

as starters...how do you project these guys performing against the competition in the NFE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.