• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Home Improvement Thread

SC_RedskinsFan

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Here is the thread, that Travis was scared to make lol

Question for yall, which paint brand is best to use for a kids bedroom?

I think we are gonna go with eggshell, since you can scrub it, and touch it up if needed. Just finished taping off a Zachs room, i'll do the girls room tomorrow and get some paint on the walls hopefully!

I have to get my skillz up before I take on the redskins room in the basement this fall!

I used semi gloss, because it seemed to make the most sense. I quickly learned though that since my kids are old enough to peel paint, they can't resist the urge. And I had to repaint within months. Bastards :laugh:

I will be finished painting my sons room this evening. We did one wall orange and the others a gray. He mentioned a few weeks ago that he would like orange, so we decided to do it. Once we get his loft bed in there that is being built, the surprise will be all set when he gets up here in April! Tomorrow evening I will start painting the baby's room.

Here is my first painting project, my sons room!

photo 2 (3).JPG
This is the after

photo 1 (3).JPG
Here is the god awful yellow before lol

i suck at picking out colors.

wife did a pretty good job on the house, so I suppose that in itself makes her much better than me. but she did paint one guest room green. and i mean like nasty lime green that hurts your eyes in the morning when the sun rises and you wake up wondering where the hell you are that it could possibly be so bright and green.

Nice. You got skills...

Lots and lots of blue tape lol!

My wife and her friend picked out the colors. I am just manual labor! Just finished painting the nursery, got the guest bedroom to do tomorrow. Then that is all of the painting for a while till I take on the Redskins room in the basement.

Next big project I am going to be doing is building a deck. I want to have it done by July when the baby is born. Only part that sucks is my footers for it have to be 38" deep to get below the frost line....

Lots and lots of blue tape lol!

My wife and her friend picked out the colors. I am just manual labor! Just finished painting the nursery, got the guest bedroom to do tomorrow. Then that is all of the painting for a while till I take on the Redskins room in the basement.

Next big project I am going to be doing is building a deck. I want to have it done by July when the baby is born. Only part that sucks is my footers for it have to be 38" deep to get below the frost line....

Rent an auger...save your back! Post hole digging sucks! My brother in law has one. Saved my ass when we moved our fence to create a parking pad in my back yard.

Rent an auger...save your back! Post hole digging sucks! My brother in law has one. Saved my ass when we moved our fence to create a parking pad in my back yard.

I have already looked into that, I am going to get a towable one so I dont have to wrassle the two person kind. Hopefully the ground thaws in a month or so lol

I have already looked into that, I am going to get a towable one so I dont have to wrassle the two person kind. Hopefully the ground thaws in a month or so lol

Ha! So you want to move to Ohio do you?

This is absolutely the best advice you will receive on such a topic SC. I did landscaping for 17 years. We did a lot of digging. The first 4 years we used post hole diggers, the last 13 we used an auger. I aged more in the first 4 years by far.

Two person kind? They aren't as bad as they look, they have one man augers that are more than sufficient, that you can throw in the back of a truck. They rent them for the day at Lowes and Home Depot for like $30, and I promise you using a one man auger will make your life easier than lugging around a big ass bulky one that you can't get into the right spot without moving it around a dozen times. The bigger augers are frustrating as hell to use, and they all have problems starting.

The only issues you will ever run into with a one man auger are tree roots. If you hook one, it turns the auger real quick, but there is a very sensitive stop bar that will hit your leg and stop the rotation so you don't hurt yourself. In 13 years of regular use, I hit maybe a half dozen roots, so it isn't a common problem. People make augers out to be far more difficult than they actually are.

Something like this is all you need......bt121.jpg

Finished painting my sons room, the nursery, and the spare bedroom! Glad that is over!

Here is the next big project, I sketched it out yesterday. Hope to get it started in about a month or so after I get approval and permits. I am going to take your advice Nobody and rent the one man auger instead of the pull behind one, I will have 13 holes to dig.

photo (15).jpg

Finished painting my sons room, the nursery, and the spare bedroom! Glad that is over!

Here is the next big project, I sketched it out yesterday. Hope to get it started in about a month or so after I get approval and permits. I am going to take your advice Nobody and rent the one man auger instead of the pull behind one, I will have 13 holes to dig.

It's not that difficult to handle at all, but I am not sure you will get 38 inches deep with it...

Then again, I hear you're used to coming up short.

It's not that difficult to handle at all, but I am not sure you will get 38 inches deep with it...

Then again, I hear you're used to coming up short.

LOL thanks Brian!

The 38" deep is must because this will be inspected. I'll go by sometime and check them out. I have a little while before I can kick this off, waiting on permits and HOA approval.

View attachment 1242

That looks great! Should be fun to build, also!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I laid it out on the ground tonight, and decided on a slight redesign! I will relay it out in a few days after the snow we are supposed to get tomorrow night goes away. I was sticking flags in the ground, and they would only go in an inch because the ground is so frozen.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.