• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

HEy Fatty! Uncle Sam is gonna start watching you

Sarge

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...te-house-promotes-obama-cook-senior-position/

As the Obama administration sets its sights on overweight Americans, demanding obesity ratings for all citizens by 2014, the White House has promoted the Obamas' personal cook to a senior advisory position.

Sam Kass, the 20-something Chicago chef, is now the White House "Food Initiative Coordinator," Kass' title reportedly was upgraded last month from food initiative coordinator to senior policy adviser for health food initiatives. His duties have not changed.

The change comes as the Health and Human Services announced this week that under the stimulus law, health care providers must establish "meaningful use" of electronic health records to qualify for federal subsidies or risk seeing their Medicare and Medicaid payments slashed. The electronic health records must include Americans' body mass index, or BMI, height and weight.

Wow. First it's being required to purchase a product from private industry. Now it's being required to look a certain way. I'm glad white voters are much more open-minded than our president.

What's he gonna do next, pick a church for all of us?

I really try to take care of myself and was horrified to see that I gained 17 pounds during the recent recovery period. Trying to lose weight like this for the first time ever is harder than I thought, but it is going ok. Just hoping it meets the approval of our government.

You can be sure that outrage from citizens will see to it that this never becomes a law or enforceable. Yes, we all need to be healthy, but it should not be mandated by government.

capt.491c890720034132a2dbc673866f2cf7-491c890720034132a2dbc673866f2cf7-0.jpg

Here's my thing about this. According to government charts, I'm morbidly obese, asn I was the day I got off active duty as well.

I remember sitting in the Flight Doc's office waiting for my final papaerwork, and he had the gov wight chart on the wall. At 5'10, 190, it said I was morbidly obese. I told the doc that and he just laughed and shook his head

I dunno what "government chart" they have in that office but even the much maligned BMI would have you in the middle of the overweight range at that weight, not obese, nor morbidly obese.

And BMI is just a screening tool. It's a quick way to determine if someone should have a reliable measurement of body fat. :)

So I guess they just keep up with Fat Bastards, but HIV and certain surgical procedures have no medical relevance

Un friggin real

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/69743

Dr. David Blumenthal, the Obama administration's National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, said on Tuesday that patients can choose to omit procedures such as abortions and positive HIV tests from the electronic health records (EHR) that every American is supposed to have by 2014 under the terms of the economic stimulus law that President Barack Obama signed last year.

Blumenthal's office, a subdivision of the Department of Health and Human Services, was created by the stimulus law specifically to generate the standards and regulations that will govern the federally mandated use of EHRs

Here's my thing about this. According to government charts, I'm morbidly obese, asn I was the day I got off active duty as well.

I remember sitting in the Flight Doc's office waiting for my final papaerwork, and he had the gov wight chart on the wall. At 5'10, 190, it said I was morbidly obese. I told the doc that and he just laughed and shook his head

By those standards, I'm...... screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.