• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

HC Mike Shanahan Intro Press Conf. (1/6/10, 2:00 pm)

Or Clinton will doing a lot more off season conditioning...one or the other is what I got out of it.

The only thing I am sure about where Portis is concerned is that things are not going to stay the same. Be that because he is gone or because more is demanded of him in terms of conditioning, practicing and preparing, things will not be like they have been.

I based my opinion on the fact that Portis is less likely to go out and work hard in the off-season, especially after his statements over the past few days. But you are right, it could be that he goes into the off-season with new zeal.

I just don't expect it.

He’ll not simply impose “his” style of O or D on the current roster. He’ll evaluate the talent on hand and decide what suits it best. Not a "what we do works" kind of guy or vibe. To the extent that's true (and practical), refreshing to hear.

Props to Kelly Johnson for asking about “his” style and how it will translate to the NFCE. Assuming she was referring to the modified WCO and/or 3-4 defense, I would have liked to hear is take. Understand why he wouldn't go there, but it's a question we have asked around here before (Spurrier, Zorn) and continues to be a key question.

Props to Kelly Johnson for asking about “his” style and how it will translate to the NFCE. Assuming she was referring to the modified WCO and/or 3-4 defense, I would have liked to hear is take. Understand why he wouldn't go there, but it's a question we have asked around here before (Spurrier, Zorn) and continues to be a key question.

She is getting ready to sit down with him in a few minutes for a one on one.

They did ask him about Clinton and he offered some respect for Portis but was non-committal either way.

I don't think you read between the lines enough. Portis is out of here - did you hear the part where Shanahan said everything stays in house? That was a direct commentary on the Portis comments from yesterday. IIRC, he also had this problem in Denver, cause Portis went to the media with his contract demands.

Yeah, Lanky, I heard that but it came up in the presser after my original post had been made regarding Clinton.

Shanahan is talking w/ Kelly about CP right now emphasizing the off-season zeal of Portis before any decisions are gonna be made.

My take on the Shanahan press conference. Some of the things not said were as important as those that were said. Read it now.

saw the press conference myself and all i can say is that it was a breath of fresh air.
now for portis i think he has made his own bed now and now he has to lay in it.

mike shanahan was straight forward in his approach to things and with working with bruce allen as a GM,player agent and as a laywer, i thought the whole thing was very good.

Coachspeak is a return to normalcy as far as I'm concerned. With Shanahan, what he doesn't say is often just as, if not more, important as what he actually says. IF he decides to give Portis a shot, you can bet he'll be on a very short leash. I also seriously doubt we'll have to worry about Haynesworth. He's now got a HC that's much more akin to Jeff Fisher and I expect things to work much better for him going forward.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Jason Campbell. I expect Kyle Shanahan to be a determining factor there.

Mike is not a guy that gets overly excited and he doesn't really give warnings. He tells you what's what and, if you screw up, you'll either find yourself on the bench, in his doghouse, traded or out on your ear. He demands and expects professionalism and I'm certain we'll see that from the Skins in 2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.