• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth inactive

He has provided a great diversion away from all the real reasons this team has played so poorly.

None of which are Albert Haynesworth.

He has caused some division in the locker room from what I can gather. In one piece I saw, he spoke about one of "his boys" who said he was glad Alberto wasn't on the field with them. In other words, not to share in the embarrassment.

Like I said, we have many problems, but Alberto's situation helps to amplify them. Most agree that the lines are the biggest issue. Last I checked, he's part of the D line. If he played to half his potential, we'd be in better shape on the D line, but he just won't play by Shanny's rules, and wants to do what he wants when he wants.

I'd say that's a pretty direct effect on how we play on the D side.

The problem with Haynesworth is like the entire Redskin team. You never know when will come to play and when will just go through the motions.

Haynesworth has a ton of physical talent. He just has a bad attitude.

Is there a star performer at your workplace? If so, does he/she call the shots? Do they get preferred treatment? How does others feel about them?

I find it perplexing that someone can have this much talent, be called a professional, yet won't give 100% effort. During Gibbs first tenure we didn't have the superstars, but guys that overachieved and showed up every week.

I'm with Sarge. Albert is a little bitch and should be treated as such.

Oh please, anyone who has played on a team knows the dynamic.

Albert made some mistakes but the biggest reason people jumped on him was simple, he signed the largest contract on the team. everyday people cannot fathom that someone would get that much money and not grovel to the team giving it to them, even many players who would never get a contract like that feel the same.

the simple fact is that the contract was not the only large amount of money thrown at AH, he came here because of a couple things, 1- obviously the money.
2- the chance to be used effectively and build a hof legacy to carry off of an already solid career.

We reneged on the deal first and shouldnt have been surprised that he wasnt motivated to follow through either.

am I peeved that he didnt perform to expectations? yes but I dont strictly blame him.

a lot of people make some pretty dense observations and they are actually wrong and pretty far from the truth.

1- albert actually played pretty well last year, he didnt put up huge numbers but he was still our best Dlineman.

2- while he did take breathers , he also played more than any other dlineman on this team. despite missing a couple games.

3- we played a lot of soft two gap last year which we told him we wouldnt do, despite this he played pretty well. but yeah we played a 4-3 but the scheme wasnt very aggressive.

as for this aborted 3-4, he is being asked to become a pylon, they threw him a bone by telling him he would play some end, but he still ended up playing more NT anyway. frankly I dont blame him for checking out.

I wouldn't call Butterworths career "solid". He played well when it came time to get a new contract, but before that it was less than stellar considering he could be a household name if he played to his potential

a lot of people make some pretty dense observations and they are actually wrong and pretty far from the truth.
Yup, you're right.... here's one.

the simple fact is that the contract was not the only large amount of money thrown at AH, he came here because of a couple things, 1- obviously the money.
2- the chance to be used effectively and build a hof legacy to carry off of an already solid career.

He came here for the money.... period ..... the end. He was fairly effective as a Titan, but couldn't get the money he needed to pay for all his screw up's off the field out of them. You seem to have bought into his legacy BS so completely, it's down right scary. Then again, we're just every day people, and must be ignorant compared to someone like you.

Like I said, we have many problems, but Alberto's situation helps to amplify them. Most agree that the lines are the biggest issue. Last I checked, he's part of the D line. If he played to half his potential, we'd be in better shape on the D line, but he just won't play by Shanny's rules, and wants to do what he wants when he wants.

I'd say that's a pretty direct effect on how we play on the D side.
And this why I lay this, almost entirely, at Shanny's feet.

He through a few logs on the fire, at the beginning, that were not necessary. Now, apparently, the the fire is out of control, and it's too late to do anything about it now.

Shut him down, deal with it in Feb/March

Ryman...with all due respect, you have your nose so far up Albert's butthole, I bet you could tell me what he ate for lunch 6 weeks ago.

"the chance to be used effectively and build a hof legacy to carry off of an already solid career."

First of all, it sounds like you are assuming being a 3-4 NT or DE automatically precludes you from ever going into the HOF, or having a "solid career."

Second of all, that's the biggest copout in the history of copouts. People get asked to do different things on the job all. the. time. This has been going on since the invention of money and the idea of giving it to someone else to do **** for you. The concept is simple - someone pays you a salary, you do what they tell you within reasonable limits. Its not like Shanahan has asked Albert to be clean the bathrooms at FedEx Field; he has asked him to play football. To say the Redskins reneged on our end of the bargain is so incredibly incorrect its actually amazing to hear someone verbalize it.

1) You are incorrect literally - unless you are intimately familiar with the Fat One's contract, and know there's a stipulation in there that he only plays 4-3 DT and only rushes the passer, then he is expected to play whatever position Shanahan wants him to play. If Shanahan wants to use Haynesworth as a Mike Vrabel or Refrigerator Perry on the goalline, he better run out onto the field.

2) You are incorrect figuratively - even in the sense of a "good-faith negotiation," Haynesworth already forfeited any possibility of your argument being correct when he accepted the $21M bonus and said he was 'on-board' with the 3-4. By doing so, he said yep, I'll play 3-4 NT and do whatever you want, cause you're giving me an F-ton of money to do so.

3) As Miles said, you're just plain wrong on his motivations. Give me a break with the back to school special crap - Haynesworth came for the money, plain and simple. If he wanted to do all that other stuff, he'd have stayed in Tennessee. He was in apparently the ONLY system according to you that he could excel in, on a competitive team only getting better.

You know what Haynesworth's rap was before he came to DC? He's a hard worker when motivated, but as soon as he gets that fat contract, he's gonna be a big fat lazy B and do nothing. What has he done here so far? Only not show up for ANY voluntary offseason stuff, show up out of shape, whine and moan about the scheme, coaches, and pretty much every other damn thing possible and oh yeah - BEEN A BIG FAT LAZY B!

I'm so sick of this discussion, and so sick of people defending this piece of human waste. I cannot wait until he's off the team; I don't care where he ends up. He is not only a waste of oxygen, but he's also a prime example of everything wrong with the Redskins and Snyder.

GET. HIM. OUT. NOW.

Ryman- Fletcher didn't come here to play in a 3-4 either but he is a professional and acts like it.

And I'm very surprised that you would ever find it understandable for a player to "check out" on his team and his teammates.

Ryman- Fletcher didn't come here to play in a 3-4 either but he is a professional and acts like it.

And I'm very surprised that you would ever find it understandable for a player to "check out" on his team and his teammates.

Perfect example.

Another: Phillip Daniels was SO SICK after the Vikings game he was the last one to leave, because he literally did not have the energy to get out of his chair. Yet he practices every single day of the week, and shows up for games. Haynesworth was "sick" Friday and showed up to practice late. WTF.

I wouldn't call Butterworths career "solid". He played well when it came time to get a new contract, but before that it was less than stellar considering he could be a household name if he played to his potential
well we disagree then, I dont measure a guys career on his potential but on whats hes actually done. Haynesworth by any measurement on the field has been more than solid.

He came here for the money.... period ..... the end. He was fairly effective as a Titan, but couldn't get the money he needed to pay for all his screw up's off the field out of them. You seem to have bought into his legacy BS so completely, it's down right scary. Then again, we're just every day people, and must be ignorant compared to someone like you.

he was more than fairly effective as a titan, or he wouldnt have gotten a 100million dollar contract. but why let facts get in the way of your rant?

I understand AH because I went through something very similiar (albeit on a different level of course) in my own career. unlike AH I understood that often saying the right thing is more important than being honest.

and there is very little that mnotivates someone at the elite level, money oddly enough at that level ceases to be a motivator.

hey! where can I sign up? I'd do the same *amn thing Albert did....and also suffer no compunction over meally mouthed whiners who never touched an NFL football field and know knowing about the business side/dynamics of professional football.

Perfect example.

Another: Phillip Daniels was SO SICK after the Vikings game he was the last one to leave, because he literally did not have the energy to get out of his chair. Yet he practices every single day of the week, and shows up for games. Haynesworth was "sick" Friday and showed up to practice late. WTF.

well then give Daniels a 100 mil contract! he really, really, really cares and it shows up in the team's record!!!

great..he should accept a salary cut then cuz his performance isn't nearly as good as it was in the 4-3.

Ryman...with all due respect, you have your nose so far up Albert's butthole, I bet you could tell me what he ate for lunch 6 weeks ago.

"the chance to be used effectively and build a hof legacy to carry off of an already solid career."

First of all, it sounds like you are assuming being a 3-4 NT or DE automatically precludes you from ever going into the HOF, or having a "solid career."

Second of all, that's the biggest copout in the history of copouts. People get asked to do different things on the job all. the. time. This has been going on since the invention of money and the idea of giving it to someone else to do **** for you. The concept is simple - someone pays you a salary, you do what they tell you within reasonable limits. Its not like Shanahan has asked Albert to be clean the bathrooms at FedEx Field; he has asked him to play football. To say the Redskins reneged on our end of the bargain is so incredibly incorrect its actually amazing to hear someone verbalize it.

1) You are incorrect literally - unless you are intimately familiar with the Fat One's contract, and know there's a stipulation in there that he only plays 4-3 DT and only rushes the passer, then he is expected to play whatever position Shanahan wants him to play. If Shanahan wants to use Haynesworth as a Mike Vrabel or Refrigerator Perry on the goalline, he better run out onto the field.

2) You are incorrect figuratively - even in the sense of a "good-faith negotiation," Haynesworth already forfeited any possibility of your argument being correct when he accepted the $21M bonus and said he was 'on-board' with the 3-4. By doing so, he said yep, I'll play 3-4 NT and do whatever you want, cause you're giving me an F-ton of money to do so.

3) As Miles said, you're just plain wrong on his motivations. Give me a break with the back to school special crap - Haynesworth came for the money, plain and simple. If he wanted to do all that other stuff, he'd have stayed in Tennessee. He was in apparently the ONLY system according to you that he could excel in, on a competitive team only getting better.

You know what Haynesworth's rap was before he came to DC? He's a hard worker when motivated, but as soon as he gets that fat contract, he's gonna be a big fat lazy B and do nothing. What has he done here so far? Only not show up for ANY voluntary offseason stuff, show up out of shape, whine and moan about the scheme, coaches, and pretty much every other damn thing possible and oh yeah - BEEN A BIG FAT LAZY B!

I'm so sick of this discussion, and so sick of people defending this piece of human waste. I cannot wait until he's off the team; I don't care where he ends up. He is not only a waste of oxygen, but he's also a prime example of everything wrong with the Redskins and Snyder.

GET. HIM. OUT. NOW.

no...what's laughable is your transparent wealth envy. your very language belies what a lowlife piece of FOD you are...riven by cliches and your own personal hatreds.

And this why I lay this, almost entirely, at Shanny's feet.

He through a few logs on the fire, at the beginning, that were not necessary. Now, apparently, the the fire is out of control, and it's too late to do anything about it now.

Shut him down, deal with it in Feb/March

close. Shanahan has, by all appearances, gone out of his way to provoke. and...as we saw this Sunday...his ego trumps the team's performance on the field. that is what is worrisome.

get rid of AH this off-season. then...a bunch of us can start sounding the clarion call to shed Shanahan. if we're going to focus on what's "right" and "best" for the Skins...then this piece of *hit needs to be jettisonned as well. HE COULDN'T EVEN HOLD JOE GIBB'S JOCKSTRAP AT THIS POINT.

he was more than fairly effective as a titan, or he wouldnt have gotten a 100million dollar contract. but why let facts get in the way of your rant?

I understand AH because I went through something very similiar (albeit on a different level of course) in my own career. unlike AH I understood that often saying the right thing is more important than being honest.

and there is very little that mnotivates someone at the elite level, money oddly enough at that level ceases to be a motivator.

right on brotha! AH did not conduct himself well/smartly....but can anyone seriously deny that there are two parties to this dysfunctional dynamic?

My post, not rant, was based on your statement that he came here partly to be used effectively. Your statement I quoted tends to give the impression he wasn't effective in TN.

I completely understand saying the right thing opposed to being honest is important when dealing with the media. It doesn't fly when dealing with the coaching staff.... which he clearly wasn't honest in agreeing to take the roster bonus and doing what he was asked, which he hasn't. It's not the dollars, it's the complete lack of character... integrity... me first attitude that is what most have the beef about.

I also know that money isn't a motivator for many, I've seen it first hand in business far too many times. But, from what I've seen in 1 + seasons, nothing is a motivator for Alberto. Not even his own pride has gotten him moving in the right direction.

This team needed that force to be reckoned with, and we've gotten doodly squat. Instead we got a spoiled child in an extra large package. If he had half the heart that guys like Fletcher and Daniels have, he'd be a pro bowler every year.

GET. HIM. OUT. NOW.

No lanky you are completely wrong, your post is so filled with misinformation and half truth that you obviously dont have even an inkling of whats gone on here, given that you have shown yourself capable of thought in other threads im going to assume you just bought into the media driven BS on this.

1- of course you can make the HOF as a 3-4 NT (and more rarely a DE) IF YOU ACTUALLY ARE ONE IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE. NOSE TACKLE MAY BE THE MOST UNDERRATED POSITION INSOFAR AS VERY FEW PEOPLE CAN PLAY IT SUPERLATIVELY. the problem that you and about 80% of the fan base and even a large percentage of coaches have is that just because someone physically meets the prereqs to be a nosetackle or OLB or whatever, DOESNT MEAN THEY CAN PLAY THE POSITION. pHYSICALLY AH LOOKS LIKE A PROTOTYPE NT BUT HIS SKILLSET IS A DIRECT OPPOSITE OF WHAT A NT DOES ON A DOWN BY DOWN BASIS.

The easiest way for me to explain this is to use an offencive comparison, you are the coach, you have antonio gates and tony gonzales at TE, rather than throwing to them you decide that both of them are good size TEs so they will now become primarily blockers. its the same thing as asking a penetrating disrutpter type to set the edge or hold the POA rather than doing what he does best. hes still a DT but now he is doing something outside his skillset, some guys can most cannot.

I know this, because its happened to me, we got a new coach who looked and saw a 6-5 guy who weighed 330 pounds and who played college basketball, he immediately decided to build a 3-4 defence around me, I told him to watch film on me , im not a mauler, I dont do well at two gapping , my best moves are swims, rip to swims and spins, none of which translate well to playing inside in a gap control system. Im a pretty strong guy but my strength comes from my legs, and im not a guy who benched 225 40 times but I could bench 370 pounds 3-4 times. I knew my limitations. IM also fragile, like most very large people, I have bad ankles (they are thin compared to the rest of me lol) but I found I coupld protect myself inside by simply being quick off the ball because I wouldnt be standing still reading the play id be attacking and its harder to get into my legs if im on the move.

long story short I went from being our teams dmvp and the lineman of the year for the league to being a solid player who managed to play only a couple games before getting injured, our defence collapsed and went from being a top ranked unit to being near the bottom of the league. So I saw a lot of parralells between my situation in 2000 and alberts last year.

now lets deal with your points.

1- actually he was promised by someone who had the power to make the promise that he would be used effectively, for him that doesnt mean solely as a pass rusher or in a 4-3 it means used in an attacking defence from effective positions.
It is his fault he didnt get it in writing, and I imagine that very few free agents will be inclined to take danny at his word anymore.

2- on this you are completely incorrect outright wrong. the 21million dollar payment was Alberts the minute he signed the dotted line, it was disguised as a roster bonus to help us beat the cap, this is known. therefore we screwed up when the team decided to use money he had already earned to negotiate with him. we could avoided the payment only if we cut him, even had we traded him the money would have been due. you are buying the media spin on that and its wrong.

3- I never said money wasnt A motivation I said it wasnt the only motivation. yes we offered one of the best packages, but tampa and the gnats also offered solid packages. he chose us because we already had a good defence (funny eh?) and because we ran a defence that he could excel in if used correctly.

truth be told im often shocked at how often fans take the media at their word let alone how many people jumped on the AH hatewagon.

Is he an idiot and not always the best person? yes and he needs to get a clue about being a decent human being , but he was not entirely at fault here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.