• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Has the Team Quit?

Have the Redskins Quit?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Watching NBC and Dungy and (mostly) Rodney Harrison were crushing the Redskins, Harrison saying the team has clearly quit, is making vacation plans for the off season, etc. They should some highlights, particularly the long TD run by Jacobs with 10 in the box where no one wanted to tackle him. Pretty damning, honestly.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree? If agree, how does it make you feel about the coaching staff?

I think some have and others have not. Some just don't have the talent. I think this off season we will see more roster over turn ( at least more than normal). We have to build a new identity.

I don't think they've quit. I think our lack of quality depth on both sides of the ball has killed us.

Guys, the Giants are successful, especially against us, because they have quality offense and defensive lines. They are missing 2 all-pro offensive lineman and still controlled us on the line of scrimmage. Watching the Giants play irks me to no end because they have such quality lines, ours...not so much!

Given up? Not sure.

Not all of them have quit. No. A good portion of them have. I hope Shanahan is taking notes... Those guys all need to be released or traded. No matter who they are.

I think there is getting your ass handed to you, then there is 'quitting'. In the absence of compelling evidence, I wouldn't presume to label a player as a quitter. Anyone who saw Brian Orakpo's expression of frustration on the sidelines today, and the way London Fletcher continues to leave it all out there on the field knows, there is certainly some effort and desire still there. Who those terms still apply to, that's a more difficult thing to assess without knowing the players intimately.

I can agree not everyone has quit, but I certainly think some have. And i agree that those who have need to be shown the door. Including the coaches who allow them to quit.

If we as the fans can see our personnel doesn't fit the schemes we are trying to run, and are frustrated by it, i can only imagine how much worse it would be for the players who have to play a scheme they know they don't fit. And their coaches won't adjust. Yeesh.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

as a guy who played on some truly bad teams in the late nineties, there is only so much you can give when you feel like your teammates arent giving the same. it is only compounded when you are a talented player and you feel like you arent being put in positions to succeed. I would say yeah a few guys have pretty much quit at this point.

Yes, many have quit.

I understand waht Ryman is saying, but this is when a person's true character comes out. That is what makes London Fletcher so good. He has been on many bad teams, yet he is still recongnized as one of the best MLBs of the past decade.

elite athletes are not like high school football players, their true character is shown more when they play hurt or bust ass even when losing a tight game, in blowouts or useless seasons, very few guys will bust ass the entire way through. very very few.

I expect the majority of those that haven't quit yet, will do so over the next few games. And I can understand why. I don't like it as a fan, but it's completely understandable.

What's more important to the players now? To risk injury going for that diving catch for a first down in a totally meaningless(no playoffs) game? Or to stay healthy to make sure they can work next year?

It's a no-brainer. Their agents want them healthy. Their families want them healthy. And they want to be healthy for next year.

Carlos has already led the charge. Most of the rest will follow.

I think it is coming already, I saw a twitter post from the other board. Not sure how legit it is.

He needs to be shut down because if he busts the achilles, we will be in even bigger trouble.

I think it is coming already, I saw a twitter post from the other board. Not sure how legit it is.

He needs to be shut down because if he busts the achilles, we will be in even bigger trouble.

achilles injuries are pretty much career ending, I went from running a 4.9 40 to 5.29 I dont even wnat to guess what my shuttle dropped to, it took me 2 full seasons before I went full tilt and even now i rarely push it. so if its just a strain he will need a month off, if its a partial its a whole offseason.

this would be why I laughed when people told me kemo would be good to go. not only is there healing, but the mental part of planting on it and bracing, there is just no confidence there.

I imagine we will start seeing "injuries" on most of the guys whose positions are safe or who are old (daniels and holliday come to mind) unless a player is auditioning for next year.

From what I have been reading, it is just a strain. I think if it was anything worse, he would have already been on IR.

I could imagine the mental part of planting and bracing....it has to be an uneasy feeling.

I tore mine out of the muscle, it was actually better than snapping it in the middle or from the bottom, the doc said the muscle just ripped out of the calf. it felt like someone hit me with a bat, weird thing was I wasnt planting, I was winding it out chasing a running back and right as I caught up to him it just went. it swelled up immediately and the first doc said it was just a really bad strain, the orthopedist then determined it was a 90% tear where the tendon seats into the muscle. good blood flow there and my buddy has a hyperbaric chamber still,it took 4 months of rest, then 4 months of rehab before i was comfortable enough to really play. I did start a game 4 months later in our national championship but I only played a half before realising i just made it worse lol had only 2 tackles and a coverage sack. thankfully the team we played had an oline that was more concerned with beating up on us than blocking us and we won lol. that game probably extended my rehab by about 6 months but how many national championships does a guy get to play in?

kemo tore his at the heel, way worse no blood flow means poor healing.
\

I say yes, due to majority have already packed it in. There are a few still giving 110%. Orakpo and Fletcher come to mind. Moss said it best after the game. If you quit you probably won't be here next season.

I think some have and others have not. Some just don't have the talent. I think this off season we will see more roster over turn ( at least more than normal). We have to build a new identity.
I hope we start (finally) to commit to building through the draft this offseason rather than continue to delude ourselves into thinking we can rebuild through signing FAs only.

We need to trade as many players on our roster for draft picks as possible and INVEST IN SCOUTING DEPT!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.