• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Happy 80th Sonny!

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
I'll be in Baltimore tonight with my Jurgensen jersey.

First Redskins' quarterback I had the privilege to follow. So impressive.

Wow - 80 years old and still plugging away. THAT is impressive!

We peons got to hang around Sonny quite a bit during game coverage weekends. I got to meet him once or twice. Funny man with a wickedly sarcastic sense of humor. My favorite Sonny interaction - I was in Canton for Joe Gibbs HOF induction with brother Blade (who I miss dearly btw). We were outside the stadium waiting for the game to begin, way over on the fringes of the parking area. A trailer door opens and out comes Sonny with a giant stogie in his mouth. He saw us in our Redskins gear (we were only 10 ft away) and shouted at us 'You can take my picture, but I ain't signin' SHIT!'. I yelled back at him 'you're only making us love you even more...'

He is definitely a character!

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d81cfb36e/Did-you-ever-see-Sonny-play[/video]

Enjoy!

Happy Birthday Sonny!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.