• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hand Out Your 2021 WFT Awards

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
7-10 wasn't what we all hoped for in 2021, but considering where this team was at just before Ron Rivera took over in Washington, it might be just about where we realistically should have expected the WFT to be at this stage in their maturation and growth as a franchise. All in all, 2021 was a roller coaster of a season. Moving forward, being somewhat humbled in 2021 (especially on the defensive side of the ball) might be a good thing. If anything, this past season provided a stark reminder of just how much work still needs to be put into this project in order to reach the heights the team hopes to achieve. I have a feeling that taking a step back in 2021 might benefit this team in the long run. All that being said, let's review the season by handing out our BGO 2021 WFT Awards.

WFT Award Categories:

1. Team MVP - Which WFT player would we not have been able to live without in 2021? Which player was most valuable and important towards overall team production, success, and performance on a weekly basis?

2. Most Improved Player - Which WFT player made the greatest strides and gains in terms of his play from 2020 to 2021 or from Week 1 to 18?

3. Mr. Consistency Award - Who was 'Mr. Dependable' this season? Who was that guy that we could lean on week in and week out to bring his 'A Game" on the gridiron?

4. Newbie of The Year Award - Which Free Agency acquisition, Rookie or Midseason Street Acquisition from this past season was most critical towards overall team success?

5. Unsung Hero Award - This award will be given to the WFT player that best personifies the spirit of football. That is, the player who positively affects teammates around them through a true willingness to contribute in whatever required capacity on the field and by focussing on doing the little things right to get the job done. He might not always get the accolades, but his contributions definitely do not go unnoticed.

6. Grinder Award - Given to the WFT player who shows the best competitive spirit, fights for every inch, and knows what to do to set the tone on the team.

7. Most Exciting Play Award - Your pick for most outstanding WFT play of the 2021 regular season.

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - Your pick for the player that surprised us the most on the final 53 in a postive way. Which player gave more than you thought they would contribute on the whole in 2021?

9. "Pick Me Up" Award - Your pick for the player that seemed to give the team a jolt most consistently throughout the season when it was needed.

9. Most Disappointing Player Award - Nobody wants this recognition, but who was the guy that fell shortest of the mark for you in 2021?

Discuss amongst yourselves and hail!

1. Team MVP - Antonio Gibson

2. Most Improved Player - Cole Holcomb

3. Mr. Consistency Award - Tress Way

4. Newbie of The Year Award - Sam Cosmi

5. Unsung Hero Award - Taylor Heinicke

6. Grinder Award - Terry McLaurin

7. Most Exciting Play Award - I’ll need a month or two :)

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - Charles Leno

9. "Pick Me Up" Award - Tie: Deandre Carter and Kam Curl

9. Most Disappointing Player Award - Jamin Davis

I like Boone’s list. A lot.

My only real difference at #9 would be Chase Young for several reasons.

Last edited:
1. Team MVP - Antonio Gibson

4. Newbie of The Year Award - Sam Cosmi

5. Unsung Hero Award - Cameron Cheeseman

7. Most Exciting Play Award - D.Carter

Honorable mention to Gibson's screen pass, but game situation played a big part in Carter getting the nod.

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - Deandre Carter

9. "Pick Me Up" Award - Kam Curl

9. Most Disappointing Player Award - Jamin Davis

I'd like to add

Rookie of the Year - Sam Cosmi

1. Team MVP - Terry McLaurin

3. Mr. Consistency Award - Jonathan Allen

4. Newbie of The Year Award - John Bates

5. Unsung Hero Award - Cole Holcomb

6. Grinder Award - Antonio Gibson

7. Most Exciting Play Award - D.Carter

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - Joe Slye

9. "Pick Me Up" Award - Tress Way

9. Most Disappointing Player Award - Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Jamin Davis, Chase Young

1. Team MVP - Jon Allen
2. Most Improved Player - Landon Collins
3. Mr. Consistency Award - Ereck Flowers
4. Newbie of The Year Award - Charles Leno
5. Unsung Hero Award - John Matsko
7. Most Exciting Play Award - Brian Johnson game winning field goal at Las Vegas.
8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - Deandre Carter
9. "Pick Me Up" Award - JD McKissic
9. Most Disappointing Player Award - Montez Sweat

1. Team MVP – likely has to be Jonathan Allen, doesn’t it?

2. Most Improved Player – YoY I’d have to say Kam Curl but if through the course of this season I’d go Sam Cosmi.

3. Mr. Consistency Award – Tres Wey, the dude is just money.

4. Newbie of The Year Award – our OTs, both of them were new this year.

5. Unsung Hero Award – Adam Humphries, the guy didn’t make a ton of catches but they all seemed to be impact plays in the moment.

6. Grinder Award – Ereck Flowers

7. Most Exciting Play Award – DeAndre Carter return for a TD against the Falcons.

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award – Camaron Cheeseman, I guess this is why you draft a LS.

9. "Pick Me Up" Award – J.D. McKissic and we struggled after he went down for the year.

9. Most Disappointing Player Award – Chase Young, period. Just do your job, young man, and don’t worry about being Superman. It will happen.

Last edited:
1. Team MVP – likely has to be Jonathan Allen, doesn’t it?

2. Most Improved Player – YoY I’d have to say Kam Curl but if through the course of this season I’d go Sam Cosmi.

3. Mr. Consistency Award – Tres Wey, the dude is just money.

4. Newbie of The Year Award – our OTs, both of home were new this year.

5. Unsung Hero Award – Adam Humphries, the guy didn’t make a ton of catches but they all seemed to be impact plays in the moment.

6. Grinder Award – Ereck Flowers

7. Most Exciting Play Award – DeAndre Carter return for a TD against the Falcons.

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award – Camaron Cheeseman, I guess this is why you draft a LS.

9. "Pick Me Up" Award – J.D. McKissic and we struggled after he went down for the year.

9. Most Disappointing Player Award – Chase Young, period. Just do your job, young man, and don’t worry about being Superman. It will happen.

This is most in line with where I am.

My only disagreement would be with Kam Curl as Most Improved. I thought that Curl was damn good the season before.

1. Team MVP - Jonathan Allen - the one light of consistency across the whole team

2. Most Improved Player - Cole Holcomb - he always seemed to be involved!

3. Mr. Consistency Award - Tress Way - can't argue with this one. You should find his mugshot in the dictionary under the word 'Consistency'

4. Newbie of The Year Award - Can I put Joey Slye here? I wasn't sure if we were making a mistake when we let Hop go, but Slye turned out awesome.

5. Unsung Hero Award - Taylor Heinicke - can't disagree. Maybe he's not the elite QB we want, but the man stepped up when Fitz (who was supposed to be our starter this year) went down, and though inexperience showed, the boy did pretty good. It's obvious he has the backing of his teammates and is gritty and tough.

6. Grinder Award - Terry McLaurin - I pray that we can pair him up with an elite QB to take advantage of that talent...

7. Most Exciting Play Award - Can't argue with D.Carter and that TD return. Felt like forever since we'd seen that.

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - I'm going with Carter again here. When we signed him for special teams, I had loooooow expectations, but not only did he step up on ST, he also stepped in admirably for our injury depleted and sub par wide receiver group. Definitely need to keep him around!

9. "Pick Me Up" Award - McKissic. - Damn we missed him when he was finally out. For a while it seemed like every time we needed an offensive spark, he was the one to provide it.

9. Most Disappointing Player Award - Chase Young - Maybe he would have turned it around in season, but we'll never know. The fact he looked so out of sorts early and then never got the chance to correct it makes his second year an epic disappointment. I give Davis a fair bit of leeway, even when he was drafted a lot of pundits saw him as a raw prospect that would need work. I'll save my judgment till after next year.

1. Team MVP - Terry McLaurin, Kam Curl

2. Most Improved Player - Landon Collins, Saahdiq Charles

3. Mr. Consistency Award - Ereck Flowers

4. Newbie of The Year Award - John Bates, Camaron Cheeseman

5. Unsung Hero Award - Charles Leno, Casey Toohill

6. Grinder Award - Adam Humphries

7. Most Exciting Play Award - DeAndre Carter kickoff return for TD

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - Cole Holcomb, Dax Milne

9. "Pick Me Up" Award - Jon Allen, Tim Settle

9. Most Disappointing Player Award - William Jackson, Dyami Brown, Darrick Forrest, Curtis Samuel

1. Team MVP - Terry McLaurin (Offense) Jonathan Allen (Defense)

4. Newbie of The Year Award - Charles Leno

5. Unsung Hero Award -Cameron Cheeseman

7. Most Exciting Play Award -JD McKissic game winning TD against Atlanta

8. Most Pleasant Surprise Award - Landon Collins becoming a good defensive player in the 2nd half of the year

9. "Pick Me Up" Award -JD McKissic

10. Most Disappointing Player Award - Curtis Samuel. There is other competition for this award, but this guy couldn't even get on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.