• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hall of Fame Class of 2012 Finalists

fuji869

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
The Pro Football Hall of Fame has anounced 17 Finalists (15 modern-era and two senior nominees*) for the Class of 2012.

Looks like we only have one Redskin this time and he was only on the team for 3 seasons.

Jerome Bettis – Running Back – 1993-95 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, 1996-2005 Pittsburgh Steelers

Tim Brown – Wide Receiver/Kick Returner – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jack Butler* – Cornerback – 1951-59 Pittsburgh Steelers

Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins

Dermontti Dawson – Center – 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers

Edward DeBartolo, Jr. – Owner – 1977-2000 San Francisco 49ers

Chris Doleman – Defensive End/Linebacker – 1985-1993, 1999 Minnesota Vikings, 1994-95 Atlanta Falcons, 1996-98 San Francisco 49ers

Kevin Greene – Linebacker/Defensive End – 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers

Charles Haley – Defensive End/Linebacker – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys

Cortez Kennedy – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks

Curtis Martin – Running Back – 1995-97 New England Patriots, 1998-2005 New York Jets

Bill Parcells – Coach – 1983-1990 New York Giants, 1993-96 New England Patriots, 1997-99 New York Jets, 2003-06 Dallas Cowboys

Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins

Willie Roaf – Tackle – 1993-2001 New Orleans Saints, 2002-05 Kansas City Chiefs

Will Shields – Guard – 1993-2006 Kansas City Chiefs

Dick Stanfel* – Guard – 1952-55 Detroit Lions, 1956-58 Washington Redskins

Aeneas Williams – Cornerback/Safety – 1991-2000 Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, 2001-04 St. Louis Rams

I'll confess, I've never heard of Dick Stanfel. Shame on me. Going to do some digging to educate myself.

Maybe we all should., Boone.

Stanfel was a Pro-Bowl selection for the Lions in 1953 and 1955 and all three years he was with the Redskins 1956-1958. He is also on the "70 Greatest Redskins" list done in 2002 in honor of the Redskins 70th anniversary.

He later was the offensive line coach of the Bears from 1981 to 1992 and helped create the OL of the 1985 Bears SB winning juggernaut.

I'd like to see him make it since he made a powerful contribution to NFL football both as a player-on two teams-and also in the coaching profession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Stanfel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins#The_70_Greatest_Redskins

Hope he goes in as a member of the Redskins. The more, the merrier.

Hope he goes in as a member of the Redskins. The more, the merrier.

When a former player goes into the Pro Football Hall of Fame he does not go in as a member of a particular team. On his bust stand is a list of teams that he played for.

So as painful as it is the Philadelphia Eagles is on Art Monk’s stand and the Washington Redskins is on Deion Sander’s stand. :frown2:

Time to start the movement for Jacoby. I mena if WIllie Roaf is on the ballot, where are the rest of the Hogs?

Time to start the movement for Jacoby. I mena if WIllie Roaf is on the ballot, where are the rest of the Hogs?
Jacoby seems to be a no brainer. But then, so did Monk. Unfortunately, Jacoby is probably the only other Hog, joining Grimm, who will ever make it.

Jacoby seems to be a no brainer. But then, so did Monk. Unfortunately, Jacoby is probably the only other Hog, joining Grimm, who will ever make it.

While a later Hog, Jim Lachey really was the best LT we've ever had. We fleeced the Raiders with that trade. I'd think he would be a candidate before Jacoby.

No offense to Mr. Jacoby OR Mr. Lachey, but Willie Roaf is probably top 5 or 10 all-time at the position. There's only a handful of guys who were better.

While a later Hog, Jim Lachey really was the best LT we've ever had. We fleeced the Raiders with that trade. I'd think he would be a candidate before Jacoby.
Don't get me wrong, Lachey would get strong consideration in my book. However, Jake did it for us, longer, and at two positions. He faced the likes of LT, in his prime, for longer than Jim.

And, his accomplishments, for being an UDFA, were phenomenal, in comparison to Jim, who as a top 15 1st round draft choice, unfairly or not, was expected to succeed.

Jim had a 2-3 year period where he was the best we ever had. Joe had that early on, plus the remainder of his career only saw a fall off to top 5 best ever.

Long live The Hogs!!!

I remember Swann going in and in his speech he started a push for Stallworth to get in. Grimm should have done and should do the same.
Agreed. I'm willing to bet the team has been lobbying for it, quietly. May be time to start getting loud. ;)

When a former player goes into the Pro Football Hall of Fame he does not go in as a member of a particular team. On his bust stand is a list of teams that he played for.

So as painful as it is the Philadelphia Eagles is on Art Monk’s stand and the Washington Redskins is on Deion Sander’s stand. :frown2:

True - however the HOF does designate a member's primary team. In the case of this link http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.aspx they identify the primary team in bold.

oh ya..cris carter wont shut up about himself. but that is going to get him in I bet.

Plus now that he has joined ESPN, they will continue to push him on us all. He will get in eventually, in order for Berman to shoot his wad one last time.

I agree, although this way we do get us some Vince Lombardi. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.