• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hail to the What?

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I saw this in Twitter...

chiefs.jpg

Some serious hypocrisy on display. I guess the NFLs concern about racism and outrage over the use of Native American symbology only pertains to the Redskins?

I can't recall which member it was that stated something similar to "If the Redskins were winning, this would blow over." Seems accurate, no more articles about the Indians (been winning), the Braves (been winning) the Chiefs (duh winning). It was low hanging fruit from the SJW crowd and Snyder didn't have the fan capitol to withstand the media mob. We all know this had nothing to do with it being WIDELY viewed as offensive except to white folks on ESPN and in the papers. I still have my Redskins license plate holder on my car, never had a person say anything, my Redskins face covering, nothing, this was simply picking an easy target with little built up goodwill from its fan base to fight back.

The other factor is KC and Atlanta are regional cities, not the political capital.

Like it or not New York and Washington are under a microscope that others are not.

That is just straight up bullshit. It just really feels like everything is stacked against the Redskins and people are now just piling on.

Chiefs are a cocky bunch.

Just hope Hill doesn’t get another late night call from the cops for domestic disturbances and that Patrick Mahomes stays upright playing behind a so-so offensive line.

The team is that close to being 7-9.

Chiefs are a cocky bunch.

Just hope Hill doesn’t get another late night call from the cops for domestic disturbances and that Patrick Mahomes stays upright playing behind a so-so offensive line.

The team is that close to being 7-9.
I don't think it was the Chiefs who did it.

It looks like the NLF Network ad that was screen shot.

I am pretty sure this marketing campaign was from the big wigs at NFLN.

When you realize the NFL doesn't give a shit about any of us because they think no matter what they do to us, we'll always buy their product.......

“I grew up a Washington Redskins fan, right?” Davis told the website. “I've always wanted to play for the team as a kid. I always had dreams and aspirations to play for that team. So, for them to change the name, it really hurt. It hurt deep down inside.”

Hail to the Chiefs?? Oh well.

I've been avoiding reading news or anything else about the 'Football Team' for the past 3 months due to mourning over the execution of the Washington Redskins. I've been a fan since '82, and was one of those obnoxious fans who bled burgundy and gold, though I haven't lived in the DC area since the early 80s. I live in Missouri now, so I guess the best move is to become a Chiefs fan (that is, if I am still going to bother watching football). I have always hated when fans would jump ship, and was glad that I was in the fanbase of one of the franchises that was extremely unlikely to move. I guess now I feel like those Colts fans or Oilers fans when their teams moved (and in the case of the Oilers changed their name). Where do I go? What do I do with my Redskins memorabilia? Like Vernon Davis, it hurt my soul.

Then, the NFL voids and defecates on the remaining Redskins fans, and they start using 'Hail to the Chiefs'?? Obviously they don't give a damn about our fanbase. I know there is social upheaval, and things are changing (not all change is good, of course). 2020 has been an 'annus horriblis' for sure, for this and other (far greater) reasons. I am ready for SMOD to come.

I am still angry and in mourning. I figured sooner or later the name would change, and I am cognizant of the Native Americans who were offended (but what of the greater number that weren't?). The Chiefs will keep their name. The Blackhawks keep theirs. The Braves keep theirs. It ain't fair, and part of me wonders if the Redskins had won a championship recently would we be at this point. I guess I will adhere weakly to the franchise, as long as it doesn't dump on the history (which since it let the Chiefs straight-up jack 'HTT' may mean they are going to memory-hole the past ~80 years). But I now have almost no 'soul-deep' link to the NFL, and perhaps this will free me up on Sundays now. I am middle-aged, and it may be time, as Paul says in 1 Corinthians 13:11 (sorry for bible verse, but it fits the mood), to "put aside childish things".

Oh, and Dan Snyder can go ahead and get to steppin'. The only reason I didn't want him to sell was he said (lied) that he would never change the name. This was despite his mismanagement and destruction of the franchise. He will go down in history as the man who killed the Redskins, with a large assist from that 'person' (keeping it civil) who runs Fed Ex and the slave-labour purveyors at Nike. I, of course, will NEVER knowingly patronize Fed Ex or Nike until my dying day.

But I will root for the current coaching staff and players, just not as passionately. For now.

I am sure the vast majority of fans are in sync with all that brother. I think the 'Chiefs' and 'Braves' will eventually experience the same fate though. It's only a matter of time.

I am sure the vast majority of fans are in sync with all that brother. I think the 'Chiefs' and 'Braves' will eventually experience the same fate though. It's only a matter of time.
yep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.