• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Grossman to Mentor RG3

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Rex Grossman Happy To Take An Afternoon To Teach Robert Griffin III Everything He Knows
May 6, 2012

Rex_Grossman-R_jpg_635x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

WASHINGTON—Veteran Redskins quarterback Rex Grossman, who during his nine years in the NFL has earned a 56-60 touchdown-to-interception ratio and lost a Super Bowl with the Chicago Bears, said Friday he was willing to spend an afternoon mentoring Washington's prize draft pick, Heisman trophy winner Robert Griffin III.

"I want to take him under my wing after lunch someday soon and teach him the finer points of standing tall in the pocket out of sheer inability to make up your mind where to throw the ball," said Grossman, who added that sharing his understanding of the Redskins' offense with Griffin could add up to an hour to their master-student relationship.

"And of course, most young QBs come into the league unaware of the right technique for just hurling the ball as far downfield as you can just to make it look like you're being heroic when you're actually really confused. I hope he doesn't have plans before 7:30."

Griffin reportedly thanked Grossman for his thoughtfulness, but asked if they couldn't really cover most of it over the phone.

Brilliant!

Grossman might make a good tooter, but he could be a detriment as a tutor.

at first i was like: 'lol, thats what we need'

then i was like: 'is this a joke?'

then i realized it was the onion :)

if this is bothering any of you i suggest you take a step back and a deep breath. it's going to be a long summer of this stuff for us. unfortunately we (as an organization) have earned it :)

I want to...but I just can't pile on. :laugh:

Ahhh, come on guys, Rex can surely teach Robert a few of the finer points of nursing a buffet table for all it's worth. Of course, that's if Tony Siragusa isn't doing the event.

Then all bets are off.....

Ahhh, come on guys, Rex can surely teach Robert a few of the finer points of nursing a buffet table for all it's worth. Of course, that's if Tony Siragusa isn't doing the event.

Then all bets are off.....

butterball!!!!

Dear Rex,

Don't bother. The 15 seconds it would take to teach RG3 how to say "eff it! I'm goin' deep!" aren't worth it.

Sincerely,

Mike Shanahan

Rex:....And then you immediately turn to your left a fire it out there..

RG3: But there's a linebacker there...

Rex: Really? I don't see him

RG3: He's 6'4 and you don't see him?

Rex: Nahhh.. doesn't matter, I can fit it in there...you can too.....

Reminds me of what happened a few years ago. La Canfora tried to mentor Om and Boone. Eh, not a pretty sight.

Man - that's brutal. I feel sorry for Grossman (sorry, but I do)...

Well, given that Rex came into camp out of shape last year and threw 20 interceptions in less than 16 games on the field, I am wondering what 'all he knows' means exactly, in re teaching RGIII.

Seems RGIII may have more to show Rex in terms of preparation to succeed.

The ironic thing is that John Beck was probably the best teacher because he came to camp in shape and ready to play, he simply lacked the NFL arm to make it happen.

But I have no doubt he knew every page of that playbook.

Well, given that Rex came into camp out of shape last year and threw 20 interceptions in less than 16 games on the field, I am wondering what 'all he knows' means exactly, in re teaching RGIII.

Seems RGIII may have more to show Rex in terms of preparation to succeed.

The ironic thing is that John Beck was probably the best teacher because he came to camp in shape and ready to play, he simply lacked the NFL arm to make it happen.

But I have no doubt he knew every page of that playbook.

LOL, its an Onion article, BT. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.