• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Griffin Is Best Player in the NFL

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
No, he's not yet the best quarterback in the NFL, but in terms of all-around productivity and leadership there really hasn't been anyone else this year that is close.

76 yard TD run, another TD run in the red zone, TD pass to Darrell Young.

The only thing he didn't do was punt or kick field goals.

And it looks like Forbath actually has an NFL leg and some confidence to kick a 50 yarder for his first try in the league off the beach in CA.

The Redskins are 3-3 but most likely would be 1-5 with anyone else behind center.

No, he's not yet the best quarterback in the NFL, but in terms of all-around productivity and leadership there really hasn't been anyone else this year that is close.

And it looks like Forbath actually has an NFL leg and some confidence to kick a 50 yarder for his first try in the league off the beach in CA.

The Redskins are 3-3 but most likely would be 1-5 with anyone else behind center.

Can't argue with any of it, and happily might I add. I guess the guys from pre-game questioning playing Robert got an answer.

the irony is that on his runs Griffin never really got nailed. it was when he stayed in the pocket and ended up getting clocked.

I'm still trying to process that last run. That was simply spectacular.

Hope reigns eternal.. this year it's much more exciting :)

Not that he needs to punt, but while at Baylor he punted 4 times with his longest going for 59 yards. He really can do it all!

Not that he needs to punt, but while at Baylor he punted 4 times with his longest going for 59 yards. He really can do it all!

Dang. Sav needs to step up his game or our QB will take over the punting duties.

There has never been a QB with the speed, accuracy, arm strength, and intelligence. The only guy that comes close imo is Steve Young, but Young didn't have world class speed.

Young was able to evolve because he was smart and was a student of the game. I see the same qualities in Griffin.

I think one of the reasons Michael Vick still makes 'rookie' mistakes is he depended on his athletic ability and has never been a cerebral player.

Young was able to evolve because he was smart and was a student of the game. I see the same qualities in Griffin.

I think one of the reasons Michael Vick still makes 'rookie' mistakes is he depended on his athletic ability and has never been a cerebral player.

You are correct sir! This will likely be Vick's last season in Philly if he makes it that long.

I took a lot pics today, I had the camera going every time the play was on my end of the field. The ball was on the opposite end of the field so I was watching the big screen for the start of Griff's TD run. As he was crossing the 50, I was in such awe knowing he was going to the house, I completely forgot my camera was in my hand. I was shell shocked! By the time I got the camera up, this is the only pic I could manage. And I call myself a photographer? :laugh:

N3H_7709.jpg

Last edited:
Y'know, boys and girls, I've been a Skins fan for a long time. And I can honestly say that in that time, I have never seen the most dynamic player in the National Football League play for my team...until now.

Yeah, I said it. And I'd love to hear an argument against it. As has been said, he's not the best QB in the league...yet. But he can beat you in ways that no one has even thought of yet. He's got a huge, accurate arm. He's intelligent. He's dedicated to putting in the work. He's fast as all holy hell. And SOMEHOW he manages to stay grounded.

He's posted on facebook a couple times tonight. One was "Great job to my teammates, our fans and our coaches tonight." The other was "God is so good people...SO GOOD."

THIS is what I want to see from a Washington Redskin. The guys who go out, do their job, LEAD, and give credit to everyone else. Surely he knows who he is. He HAS to know we're not much of a football team without him. And yet, he's a humble, quiet, natural leader.

I love seeing him smiling and laughing on the sideline too. Not in a mocking-the-other-team, derogatory kind of way. But in a way that shows he truly appreciates this opportunity. He truly understands how grateful we are to be able to watch him week in and week out.

I wish I could fully express how completely damned giddy I am to have this young man leading my favorite team on this earth. I just can't find the words. But I know this. I will thoroughly enjoy every single second.

HTTR. HTRG3.

Worth the trade???

Are you convinced yet Ryman of the North? Griffin was worth the trade wasn't he? So glad he salvaged my otherwise abysmal weekend of football. Knew I could count on him to come through.

jason, sean taylor was as good at safety as RG III is at QB.

Brian Mitchell was as good a player too.

I didn't say the best. I said the most dynamic.

And I know you didn't say it, but in no way would I EVER minimize what ST did here, nor what he would've become. (Arguably the best safety ever to play the game.) BMitch, though a tremendous player, is another discussion for another time. (Do I think he should be in the HOF? Absolutely.)

But Griffin is a guy that the entire league tunes in to see. And team's have attempted to gameplan for him, but to this point, failed.

My point was that WE have the guy that everyone is watching. And it's because every time he takes a snap, there's the potential to see what we saw today.

my bad, you said you'd love to hear an argument against it. I was providing it.

Mitchell did everything include play QB.

overall I agree RG III is the man.

No, you're fine. And I see what you're saying. I mean, hell, if I'm not mistaken, BMitch is the all-time yardage leader, no? How do you NOT put that guy in the hall. Just like I think the best kickers and punters, heck LONG SNAPPERS, should be in there.

I just think this is the first time that if you asked 100 fans who they would pay to go see, a majority (or at least a plurality) would say RG3. Taylor deserved that respect, but I'm not sure he got it.

One thing for sure, the front office better start planning on how there gonna pay him come contract time. I expect he'll be getting a hell of a payday the way things are going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.