• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Griffin III Named PFWA NFL Rookie Of Year

Bodes well for the AP ROY.

For Immediate Release
January 14, 2013

ROBERT GRIFFIN III NAMED PRO FOOTBALL WEEKLY/PFWA
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – Pro Football Weekly, along with the Pro Football Writers of America, announced that Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has been named their overall Rookie of the Year and Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Griffin III, 22, finished the season having completed 258-of-393 passes (65.6 percent) for 3,200 passing yards, 20 touchdowns, only five interceptions and a passer rating of 102.4, all team rookie records. In addition, he rushed 120 times for 815 yards with seven rushing touchdowns in 2012, all three of which are team records for a quarterback. His 102.4 passer rating, 1.3 interception rate and 815 rushing yards are all NFL records for rookie quarterbacks. Griffin III also led the NFL in yards per pass attempt (8.14), yards per rush attempt (6.8) and least interceptions thrown among players with 300-plus pass attempts (5).

Griffin III began and finished his rookie campaign making history. With a season-opening win against the New Orleans Saints, he became the first player born in the 1990s to start at quarterback in NFL history. In the victory he completed 19-of-26 passes for 320 yards and two touchdowns and finished with a passer rating of 139.9, becoming the first player in NFL history to compile 300-plus passing yards, two or more passing touchdowns and no interceptions in an NFL debut. Griffin III finished the regular season helping the Redskins defeat the Dallas Cowboys in Week 17 to win their first NFC Championship since 1999. He surpassed 800 yards rushing for the season in the game, becoming the first rookie quarterback with 800-plus yards on the ground and 3,000-plus passing yards in a season. Griffin III also earned his first career Pro Bowl selection, becoming the first Redskins offensive rookie to earn a selection since Larry Brown in 1969.
Griffin III is the first member of the Redskins to be named Pro Football Weekly/PFWA Offensive Rookie of the Year since Mike Thomas received the honor in 1975. Pro Football Weekly's annual awards are all selected by PFW editors and contributors along with members of the Professional Football Writers of America.

Bodes well for the AP ROY.

Or they could just be spreading the love around? Helluva season with the three rookies tearing it up. Either way I don't care.

It would be great for Griff to get the NFL ROTY award. But he's the first guy I ever believed when he said he thought someone else (Alfred Morris) deserved the award.

God. I was pretty excited for this award. Now I could give two ****s. Might be the last accolade he ever achieves on a football field. Sigh.

Everything is speculation at this point...its all wait and see. Just posting my feelings about the ROY award, putting it in perspective. :)

I was just asking if you had heard more on the prognosis because I havent heard anything lately that there were worries that it is potentially career ending.

I think Ax has spoken on this one, Lanky. Watch out before he prnounces something bad for you.

I think Ax has spoken on this one, Lanky. Watch out before he prnounces something bad for you.
Eh, it's a long off season, and I need to keep my powder dry.

Besides, this place wouldn't be the same without the Lankster. :)

Not sure I'm ready to declare Griffin's injury career-ending or even career-limiting yet, but I do agree with Lanky that it is a little bittersweet.

Still, it's nice to see.

Not sure I'm ready to declare Griffin's injury career-ending or even career-limiting yet, but I do agree with Lanky that it is a little bittersweet.

Still, it's nice to see.

Yah, that's all I was saying. Its very bittersweet is all. Perhaps I should work on my delivery. :evil:

Yah, that's all I was saying. Its very bittersweet is all. Perhaps I should work on my delivery.

Your DELIVERY? DAMMIT I ran down to my bomb shelter and put my helmet on again. Is the fuggin sky gonna fall or not!?!?? :army:

I really think RG3 could care less about the ROY. He will just want to get back to playing. I really believe that he will be better than this year, but he better learn to not push for those extra yards in scramble situations. That is where he got killed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.