• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Grade for Redskins Big Men vs Ravens?

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Help me out, brethren?

Only got to see the final minutes, which didn't go exactly the way you'd like. Before I review the tape tonight, give me your quick rating on how you all believe our big men fared last night. And feel free to expound, of course.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how competitive were we on the LOS when both teams were running their #1s?

O line B: We're better than last year but not by much. We did a good job against the Ravens and definitely held our own. It was an even battle between the two.

D Line A: Our D line has improved so much it's unbelievable, we more than held our own last night and got the better of them imo. Our back-ups did a good job and were much better than i thought, but losing Jenkins just sucks:frown2:.

Going by stats alone, if memory serves me correct we accumulated 3 or 4 sacks in the first half last night with starters in the game - Orakpo, Kerrigan, Barnes, and I believe Bowen accumulated one as well, but I may mistaken there. If I'm wrong, I blame it on Canadian broadcasting, as the feed from ESPN kept cutting out for a few seconds here and there from time to time - but that's another story for another day. When was the last time we could brag about achieving something like that against a pretty physical opponent?!

Ultimately, you saw a defensive line that generated a good push and what struck me as being blantantly obvious was the fact you have a group of guys out there along the line who have non-stop motors. It's always nice knowing that you have great work ethic along the line, but when you combine that with results on a consistent basis, it makes for a nice recipe. It's safe to say that the d-linemen are going to be bringing their lunch pails to work every Sunday this year. We don't have to worry about guys like Haynesworth lying down and taking a nap in the middle of a play. I believe collectively, as a unit, this group is out there working for one another. It's not about receiving the individual accolades and basking in the glory of getting a sack. It's about knowing your role, and performing it in a manner that allows those around you to be successfdul. That's what I saw last night from the d-line. To add, I will also say that I thought Darion Scott did a pretty decent job. I'm pretty sure he got in the backfield on a few occassions and caused some pressure. Outside of the starting d-line unit, I thought he was the most noticeable guy at that position.

DaVonte Shannon had the fourth sack-I don't remember which half.

OL - B. For the reasons already given.

DL - B. Largely because while they looked good, I didn't think they looked good enough considering the hodge podge line the Ravens were forced to start with so many injuries among their regulars. Had we had this performance against the Ravens projected starting 5, I would give them an A but that just wasn't the case.

OL - B. For the reasons already given.

DL - B. Largely because while they looked good, I didn't think they looked good enough considering the hodge podge line the Ravens were forced to start with so many injuries among their regulars. Had we had this performance against the Ravens projected starting 5, I would give them an A but that just wasn't the case.

I must admit, Neo, "B'"s are nice to see after putting up with "C'"s and the occasional "D'"s in the recent past. :)

One thing that stood out to me, not just on the lines but team-wide was speed. We played with greatewr quicknewss overall than what I've been used to seeing. Quicker to attack, quicker to the ball, quicker to the ball carrier-this is something I was pleased to observe. No doubt, the "youth movement" has a lot to do with this.

On a scale from one to ten, you guys are giving A's and B's? Literacy are hard. ;)

I would, honestly, give both lines A-/B+s for last night. Going against a great Ravens defense, our offensive line blew holes open and gave both quarterbacks forever to throw the ball. Sometimes the Ravens would get through, they ARE the Ravens, but I didn't notice our guards or center getting pushed back at all.

Our defensive line is sick. Tackle after tackle in the backfield, nearly every dropback was pressured, and if not, then it was a sack.

I was extremely impressed.

Last edited:
Wasn't thrilled with Locklear last night, but given the news on Ryan Harris today, glad we signed him instead:

Eagles offensive lineman Ryan Harris, who at one point earlier this month was the Eagles’ projected starting right tackle, will undergo back surgery, likely within the next week, two league sources told CSN’s Derrick Gunn Friday.

With incumbent right tackle Winston Justice unable to practice following two off-season knee surgeries, the Eagles signed Harris on Aug. 2, and he quickly rose to the top of the depth chart.

But Harris apparently injured his back while blocking on a field goal attempt in the Eagles’ first preseason game against the Ravens on Aug. 12 at the Linc. He returned to practice last Saturday for one day, then didn’t practice again the rest of the week.

http://www.csnphilly.com/08/26/11/S...ge/news_eagles.html?blockID=554726&feedID=692

On a scale from one to ten, you guys are giving A's and B's? Literacy are hard. ;)

:redface2:Point taken. It looks like i started this reading comprehension debacle.:anonymous:

O line 7

D line 8.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.