• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

God Hates Chatrooms

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
.... so sayeth my dear friend and BGO cofounding partner Boone.

The latest incarnation of BGO Chat is at least temporarily off line due to a general meltdown situation earlier this morning.

Some kind of error script started running ... and running, and running, and running ... to the extent it caught the attention of our esteemed server hosts and they shut us down becuase we were, I believe the proper technical term is, breaking the internet.

HOPEFULLY by managing, with some minor drama (this thing is tenacious---think HAL 9000), to disable the chat program until we can have the vendor figure out what the problem is/was and fix it, the powers that be will see we are not actually the apocalypse incarnate and grant us favor and allow us talk about the Redskins and **** again in peace for a while.

We'll see.

Happy Thursday. :pirate:

I'm having issues just getting to the forum. Things like "Forbidden" and "Database Error" will load instead of the forum. I have been able to get in here occasionally over the last few hours, but it has been a difficult task. Good luck on fixing it.

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

I am serious ... and don't call me Shirley.

I really think a lot of you have drinking problems.

airplane4a.jpg

We had to make some tweaks to our Chat Room software in order to decrease server load. We've come up with a third-party solution, but haven't 'turned on' all functionality yet as we need to contact our webhost first. We hope to have the chatrooms and private chat functionality restored very soon. Appreciate your patience.

As you've probably figured out, we believe we've worked through some server issues with our chat software and both the chatrooms and private chat features are back up and running. Enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.