• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Gameday - 2020 Week 6 - Washington @ New York Giants - TV Maps Included

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Washington Football Team Logo.png
@
New York Giants Logo.jpg

1602724204692.png

When: Sunday, October 18th 2020 - 1:00pm EDT
Where: Metlife Stadium - East Rutherford, New Jersey
Watch: Fox

Listen - NFL Game Pass, Westwood One, Sirius XM
Local - WTEM 980 AM / WMAL 105.9 FM

Weather:
Sun 18 | Day
New York City, NY

62°

1602722364730.png

0% Precipitation
SSE 5 mph
Partly cloudy skies. High 62F. Winds light and variable.

NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 6

It's Wednesday, lets talk it up!

Injury Report:
1602871564582.png

Last edited:
My prediction, Jones sacked 3x, Giants under 100 yards rushing, however they pass for almost 300 and keep it close, 23-20 with the WFT for the 2nd win on our way to winning the division at 5-11

I have a sneaky gut feeling that we win big... I feel like we're going to get to Jones and force some turnovers setting up a short field. I dont know why, just a gut feeling. My last bold prediction hit so here goes...

Bold Prediction: Washington 31 - Giants 16

I see this game as our biggest defensive performance since the opener. They are going to come after Jones and we’ll have success getting to him.

This O-line has a chance of being legitimate this weekend against a bad defense.... Scherff coming back and Charles at LG could change the whole dynamic of the line.

I know some of you are furious at the result today, but honestly, I'm not angry like I usually am. There were some good things and some really bad ones.

1) We can't keep missing makeable kicks. As Mike pointed out in chat, Hopkins needs some pressure applied if he's going to continue to make unforced errors.

2) Some don't agree, but I think our offense looks more energetic and efficient with Allen under center. His ability to use his feet adds a threat we don't have with anyone else in there. He may have had the game-winning TD had he trusted that more on the final play. I like that, despite the mistakes, he rebounded from them and we were in a position to win the game despite his errors.

3) The INT and the careless fumble by Allen were ugly. As Bulldog said, after Allen completed several 'must have' 3rd down conversions in the air, those plays are the reason why he's not considered a serious threat to be a consistent starter. I will remind folks he is still a very inexperienced young QB, so whatever excuses folks would be providing Haskins were he playing, you can feel free to generously provide Allen right now.

4) Despite the 2 big mistakes by Allen, this one was lost by the team overall. The OL did not consistently give Allen time (just as they didn't give Dwayne time) and he was the QB under pressure most of the day, not Jones. Our D, although they tightened up in the 2nd half as they have tended to do, was pretty woeful in the first half. The game easily could've been out of reach in the first half given their efforts. They did not come close to putting max pressure on Jones. They did not force turnovers. And they did not stop the run. The defensive backfield continues to give up first downs on 3rd and long over and over again.

5) I do feel as though we are sustaining drives more consistently. I get it - if we are not putting TDs up and continue to lose, it doesn't much matter. But improvement on offense has to start somewhere, and I feel like we had more 3rd down conversions to keep drives alive than I've seen in awhile.

Like I said, maybe I should be mad and irate, but I'm not. We are not a good football team. There are some good things we can look to as future positives - such as our young RB duo in Gibson and McKissic. But it's going to be a tough year. I'm sort of resigned to it.

Then again, if Dallas loses this weekend, we're still 1 game out of 1st place in the NFC East :)

Last edited:
Ya, ya, that's how Rivera rolls.... doesn't make me any less pissed right now. Told the wife 2 plays before we scored that Ron would go for the win, Turner would call a pass, ending with either a sack or incomplete. I have no issue with gambling, but Ron needs to STFU about winnable games and contending for the NFCE if he's going to give the team less of a chance to win with his gambling. That game was ours in OT...

Last edited:
Titanic Ron is clueless.

He goes from not using timeouts because he developing guys to foolishly going for two.

All this is going on and he still has no clue as to what the truth is here: This team is in no shape,form or fashion ready to compete/win.
They don't have the horses at LB and S on defense and they don't have it on the left side of the OL,wr corp and TE.

And right now, I seriously doubt they have it at the OC spot.

The sooner Rivera gets it through his thick head what members of this board already know, the better off the team will be.

Full Disclosure: I did not get to watch the game an only saw the plays they showed on the Red Zone Channel. So between that and the game log, that's all I have.

In general, I don't mind going for 2 in that situation. You go for the win when you can get it. However, if it's true that Rivera goes by feel for the game, I wonder if he made the wrong call. The Giants drives in the second half totaled just over 100 yds and were punt, int, punt. So the defense had them stopped in the 2nd half. I would expect that to continue in OT. Now, he could have been worried about Allen turning it over, but just looking at how the defense clamped down in the second half, I think they had the upper hand going to OT.

As for Allen, he giveth and he taketh away. The fumble late in the 4th was brutal. He should rightfully be criticized for not taking care of the ball, just as we did with Haskins. That play cost the game and he has to realize that you have to protect the ball. Especially when your defense is playing well in the 2nd half, as I mentioned above. I do give Allen credit for driving the team down to get the score late. I've always believed that how a player reacts after they make a big mistake is what really matters. Allen came back and did what he had to do to put the team in position to win. I didn't like the play call on the 2pt conversion. Allen tried to scramble out and make something of it, but it looked like as soon as the first read wasn't there, the play was done.

Washington now has the second overall pick in the 2021 draft if the season ended today. Bah.

I am still on the fence about that call yesterday. I get the "gamble" part of it, but why not run it instead? JD was getting 3-4 yards and had a good chance.

also, our defense was awake and holding them back finally. why not let them try to seal the game for us since they are supposed to be the strong part of the team.

but, we are a bad team. i get wanting to get a win and excitement going.

I know some of you are furious at the result today, but honestly, I'm not angry like I usually am. There were some good things and some really bad ones.

1) We can't keep missing makeable kicks. As Mike pointed out in chat, Hopkins needs some pressure applied if he's going to continue to make unforced errors.

2) Some don't agree, but I think our offense looks more energetic and efficient with Allen under center. His ability to use his feet adds a threat we don't have with anyone else in there. He may have had the game-winning TD had he trusted that more on the final play. I like that, despite the mistakes, he rebounded from them and we were in a position to win the game despite his errors.

3) The INT and the careless fumble by Allen were ugly. As Bulldog said, after Allen completed several 'must have' 3rd down conversions in the air, those plays are the reason why he's not considered a serious threat to be a consistent starter. I will remind folks he is still a very inexperienced young QB, so whatever excuses folks would be providing Haskins were he playing, you can feel free to generously provide Allen right now.

4) Despite the 2 big mistakes by Allen, this one was lost by the team overall. The OL did not consistently give Allen time (just as they didn't give Dwayne time) and he was the QB under pressure most of the day, not Jones. Our D, although they tightened up in the 2nd half as they have tended to do, was pretty woeful in the first half. The game easily could've been out of reach in the first half given their efforts. They did not come close to putting max pressure on Jones. They did not force turnovers. And they did not stop the run. The defensive backfield continues to give up first downs on 3rd and long over and over again.

5) I do feel as though we are sustaining drives more consistently. I get it - if we are not putting TDs up and continue to lose, it doesn't much matter. But improvement on offense has to start somewhere, and I feel like we had more 3rd down conversions to keep drives alive than I've seen in awhile.

Like I said, maybe I should be mad and irate, but I'm not. We are not a good football team. There are some good things we can look to as future positives - such as our young RB duo in Gibson and McKissic. But it's going to be a tough year. I'm sort of resigned to it.

Then again, if Dallas loses this weekend, we're still 1 game out of 1st place in the NFC East :)

I actually have to disagree with you regarding the defense. They allowed 13 points. If the defense holds the opposition to 13 points they've done enough to win the game.... and that includes a VERY short field on a really bad INT by Allen.

I heard a nugget this morning that in the two drives after Allen threw the pick, he went something like 13 for 15 for 150+ yards. That's some really good production on two drives.... the problem being that the INT and Fumble doomed us. That may not be enough, and he may be proving why he's a prototypical backup... Ryan Fitzpatrick type. Can come in and flash when needed, but never the type of QB you want to hitch a wagon to. He can make some plays....

I can't find an update on Saadiq Charles ANYWHERE. Has anyone heard anything? MRI today? I saw him walking down the tunnel at halftime still in uniform... it kind of stood out to me.

I actually have to disagree with you regarding the defense. They allowed 13 points. If the defense holds the opposition to 13 points they've done enough to win the game.... and that includes a VERY short field on a really bad INT by Allen.

I heard a nugget this morning that in the two drives after Allen threw the pick, he went something like 13 for 15 for 150+ yards. That's some really good production on two drives.... the problem being that the INT and Fumble doomed us. That may not be enough, and he may be proving why he's a prototypical backup... Ryan Fitzpatrick type. Can come in and flash when needed, but never the type of QB you want to hitch a wagon to. He can make some plays....

Fair point on the defense - although I will point out that 13 points should've been a lot more. We benefited from the same offensive ineptitude and miscues from the Giants that we suffer from. But the defense may have had a hand in limiting what should have been TD drives to FGs. Specifically, I'm criticizing the defense for failing to get any consistent pressure on Jones. We should've been all over him all day long but really it was THEIR DL that applied pressure on the QB, not ours (with a few exceptions). They produced 3 sacks to our single one from Kerrigan. And Allen was getting the ball out of his hands quickly or using his feet to escape. Had Haskins been out there, it might've been 6-7 sacks.

Allen had two bad plays. Those are unacceptable. But just like we would be saying with Haskins, he's a very young inexperienced QB. Who knows if he can learn to limit the mistakes and become more reliable? Personally, I felt like our offense was finally moving the ball, sustaining drives, and looked efficient at times yesterday. It took 2 fluke plays to lose us that game. The awful fumble and a missed gimme FG (that IS a gimme at the NFL level).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.