• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Week - 2021 Preseason Week 1 - Washington @ New England

I thought Hemingway looked lost at times. Bates played surprisingly well.

Logan Thomas looks like the same guy he was at the end of last year, only a better blocker. I thought Bates looked surprisingly good. I think Reyes ends up on the PS.

Reyes double catches nearly, if not every ball he touches. He looks great in the uni though. PS for sure if he clears waivers. I think Hemmingway will beat out Seals-Jones. Loving Bates.

Cosmi had some struggles (to be expected) but he never got any TE help on his side. He looked better than Leno on the other side.

Rhamondre Stevenson was a guy I was high on when we talked draft RBs. Last night you saw a glimpse of how good he can be… 10 rushes, 127 yds, 2 TDs… just a dominating performance.

I’m guessing Belicheck didn’t appreciate the time out when he was clearly going to run out the clock.

Oh, want to play that way, huh? 🤣

wasn't overly thrilled with the playcalling. we need to establish rhythm as much as we need to test players. We did not have a single opening drive TD last year (or close to that) and that needs to change.

Listening to Keim and Bram pod this morning. This is not to excuse Hopkins struggles, but they expressed concern over Cheeseman’s long-snapping which apparently has not been great this summer. The first snap last night was not great, on the second miss it was just a bad hook. We cannot have a lack of trust between our kicker (who has been shaky to begin with) and the long snapper. Even if we replace Hopkins with someone else’s released kicker, if the long snapper is having problems, that ain’t good.

We should be worried about this given our strength of schedule where missed FGs and extra points may determine more than a few games.

I watched the 1st quarter and a little bit late when the guys who won’t be on the roster were playing. I never get too concerned over preseason. But the first thing I noticed was Fitzpatrick. It’s been so long since we saw good QB play. Smith was very competent but very conservative. Brunell was the same way when he played here. McNabb was done when he got here but had a few good games. Other than that, in the last 20 years it’s always been a major problem at QB. They are either still learning and never get it, or they are an old, busted, retread. Cousins was the closest thing we had to good, but he was ready to get out but still had his limitations he couldn’t overcome. I know Fitzpatrick has his own problems and when Fitzmagic turns to Fitztragic, we will all be cursing him. But you can tell when guys know what they are doing and watching him, I don’t have to worry about “hoping” he does the right thing because I want him to succeed like so many others.

Listening to Keim and Bram pod this morning. This is not to excuse Hopkins struggles, but they expressed concern over Cheeseman’s long-snapping which apparently has not been great this summer. The first snap last night was not great, on the second miss it was just a bad hook. We cannot have a lack of trust between our kicker (who has been shaky to begin with) and the long snapper. Even if we replace Hopkins with someone else’s released kicker, if the long snapper is having problems, that ain’t good.

We should be worried about this given our strength of schedule where missed FGs and extra points may determine more than a few games.

I watched a bit of the game last night (slept through some of it! It was 3am and I was tired!) and like you, was a little concerned with Hopkins. But listened to the Keim and Bram podcast today and heard what he said.

Question: Why did we let Sundberg go and draft Cheeseman? Was it purely a financial/long term thing? i.e. get a younger player on a rookie deal at a non-premium position?

Because you're right, it's the one position that could cost us. Keim said he'd been having an issue snapping to Tress too, and on the WFT Football Podcast with JP Finlay, they alluded to the fact that Tress had two touchbacks yesterday, when he'd only had one all season last year. Could that be down to the snapping too?

I'd wager that this seems like it could be our biggest issue at the moment.

Sundberg had a serious chronic injury (from which he still has not recovered) and is not in the NFL currently. I’m sure if there’d been any way he could have continued they’d have loved to have kept him.

Let's say for hypothetical purposes that Hienecke starts.

Does Fitz willingly play backup? I'm not so sure he does. Yes, he's been replaced during season, but never been outright beat at any place he's gone.

I don’t think Heinicke has any chance of being named starter - unless Fitz has 3-4 terrible games or goes down. If it did happen I think he’d be a pro as that’s what he’s done everywhere he’s been.

Rivera is raving about him right now. Talking about all the plays he's making and how athletic he is.

They signed him to a contract (and we all saw that TB performance). I know they love him - I just don't think that equates to him beating out Fitzmagic.

You never know. He very well may.

I was the only one I know predicting big things when Heinicke got the TB start, so I’m a huge fan. I believe in him. :cheers:

Gibson and Patterson could be the next LT/Sproles

I'm just saying

As he learns to reliably catch, those kinds of skills are going to go a long way in convincing them to use a roster or PS spot on him.

As he learns to reliably catch, those kinds of skills are going to go a long way in convincing them to use a roster or PS spot on him.

He definitely is a double-catcher at this point. Maybe due to the situation (1st ever game action). Nothing an intimate relationship with a Jugs machine couldn’t help. There seems to be wide concern that he would be scooped up by another team if exposed to waivers to get him on the PS. Maybe a mysterious injury late in camp to stash him on IR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.