• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Preview: Redskins vs. Eagles

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For everything you ever wanted to know about this coming Sunday's key clash with NFC East Division foe Philadelphia, click HERE

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

A division game that Philthy desperately needs to win.

Check that, DESPERATELY needs to win.

This could be like trying to give a bath to a cat.

However, there are no excuses. We're healthier, well rested, and we have home field. We should win this game.

Sending them into their bye week 1-5, with the Philthy fans and media screaming for heads to roll would be oh so sweet.

It's like 3rd and 21 again fellas.

A division game that Philthy desperately needs to win.

Check that, DESPERATELY needs to win.

This could be like trying to give a bath to a cat.

However, there are no excuses. We're healthier, well rested, and we have home field. We should win this game.

Sending them into their bye week 1-5, with the Philthy fans and media screaming for heads to roll would be oh so sweet.

It's like 3rd and 21 again fellas.

I would love to send the birds home for the season. You're right in that they need this game to save their season, and that's kinda scary. I just have this bad feeling that Rex is going to have one of "those games" replete with turnovers.

I hope I'm wrong

I don't know if another Philly game (since 05) has had so much on the line. The Redskins want blood and revenge for what happened last year on MNF. The Eagles on the other hand must win this game to keep their season alive.

I can only hope the Redskins know this and know what to do. This is the year for the Eagles IMO. If the Redskins win, their season is finished and as Ax said, the city, media etc will KILL the Eagles.

Going to be a tough game, no doubt, but we need some heavy doses of the run against that run D of theirs.

We have to figure out how to score more points.

We have to figure out how to score more points.

Where's the Captain Obvious smiley?

:)

I can't believe how well we (reasonably) consistently move the ball and stall out when we get to the Red Zone. I keep hoping I will see some two TE sets with Sleepy and Cooley in there to mix it up. If Hank earns some playing time as well, I have to believe he would help too.

It all hinges on how we haurang Vick, IMO. If Vick is allowed ANY breathing room, we'll have trouble. Onion otherhand, if we hit him early and hard, he'll fold like a lawnchair!

It all hinges on how we haurang Vick, IMO. If Vick is allowed ANY breathing room, we'll have trouble. Onion otherhand, if we hit him early and hard, he'll fold like a lawnchair!

The Iggles seem to be having a problem so far this season keeping teams from doing just that. :)

U got that rite!

The Iggles seem to be having a problem so far this season keeping teams from doing just that. :)

So let's not f' it up. But here's where our old character would slip and not anticipate Reid's gaming.

LOLz at autocorrect.

Im not sure what it's like "giving birth to a cat". can someone explain that to me?
Well, let me tell ya.......

We need to score more points sure, but we need to NOT turn over the ball during critical moments. RIGHT, REX?!!!

and we need to hit Vick..hit him hard and hit him often. Dont let him set up for that long ball to Maclin/Jackson that he LOVES to burn us with.
Got a hunch we're gonna get a "Wow!" game out of Rex this week.

As to your suggestion of how we should greet Mr Mexico, early and often is the perfect way to go.:claps:

According to the latest line we are 1 point underdogs this week.

How do you like them apples?

According to the latest line we are 1 point underdogs this week.

How do you like them apples?

Makes sense, since the last time these two teams met at FedEx Field they hung a couple hundred points on us...

If we actually disguise our blitzes we will light vick up..buffalo did a good job keeping the eagles o line guessing and it worked very well.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

If we actually disguise our blitzes we will light vick up..buffalo did a good job keeping the eagles o line guessing and it worked very well.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The Eagle's O-Line is so bad, we could probably verbalize exactly what we were about to do and they couldn't stop it.

Nick

The Eagle's O-Line is so bad, we could probably verbalize exactly what we were about to do and they couldn't stop it.

Nick

The Cowboys OL is bad also, but we had a hard time getting to Romo.

I'm not sure blitzing is the way to go against the eagles. If we blitz and it gets picked up vick will kill us, much worse than Romo did. I think we can get a good push wwith four, and should contain as much as possible. If we cant get a decent push maybe throw in some blitzes.

I have a bad feeling about this one. I just don't see the Eagles dropping five in a row.

The Redskins have a great opportunity to set themselves apart, but recent history tells me they won't be able to sieze it. I know that this is a different team, but the pessimist in me is kicking the optimist's ass.

Boy, oh boy do I hope I'm wrong.

The Eagles are not a physical team any longer. This team has morphed into a finesse team that can be pushed around up front on both sides of the ball. THAT is where to beat this team.

It's great the team has a running back and glittery wide receivers.

Seen that combo elsewhere.

Won't win anything without a strong OL and DL.

Frank Gore was right on the mark - hit the Eagles in the mouth and take the fight out of them is the way to play this team.

This is a week to trot out Ryan Torain and run the ball 25 times. Use Helu as a receiver and on the edge.

Sit Tim Hightower and let his shoulder improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.