• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Notes: WFT at Atlanta

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
WASHINGTON-FALCONS GAME NOTES

• The Washington Football Team beat the Atlanta Falcons, 34-30, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on
Sunday afternoon.

• Washington scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter. The last time Washington scored two
touchdowns in the fourth quarter was Sep. 20, 2020 at Arizona

• Washington did not allow a touchdown on the Falcons opening drive. This is the first time this season
that they accomplished that feat.

• Washington held Atlanta without a touchdown in the first quarter. It is the first time that Washington
has not allowed a touchdown in the first quarter of a game since Week 17 at Philadelphia in 2020.

• Quarterback Taylor Heinicke completed 23-of-33 passes for 290 passing yards and three touchdowns.
He also rushed five times for a career high 43 yards.

• Heinicke’s 127.1 passer rating is the highest by a Washington quarterback since Kirk Cousins on Nov.
19, 2017 vs. New Orleans

• Heinicke is the first Washington quarterback to throw for three touchdowns since September 8, 2019,
when Case Keenum did so at Philadelphia.

• Heinicke connects with nine receivers all having 10+ receiving yards.

• Running back Antonio Gibson finished with 63 yards on 14 carries and one touchdown

• Gibson surpassed 1,000 career rushing yards.

• Gibson is the first Washington player to reach 1,000 rushing yards within his first two seasons since
Alfred Morris and Robert Griffin III did so in 2012-13.

• Wide receiver Curtis Samuel made his Washington debut and had four receptions for 19 yards.

• Wide receiver Terry McLaurin recorded six receptions for 123 yards and two touchdowns.

• McLaurin moved into sole possession of fourth place all-time amongst receivers with 60 or more yards
in the first 33 games of a career.

• It is the second multi-touchdown game of McLaurin’s career since Oct. 13, 2019 at Miami

• Running back J.D. McKissic finished with seven carries for 15 yards and five receptions for 44 yards
and a game-winning touchdown.

• Defensive tackle Jonathan Allen recorded seven QBH in a three-game stretch, tied for the most in any
three-game stretch of his career.

• Allen finished with eight tackles (five solo) and a tackle for loss.

• Defensive end Montez Sweat recorded two tackles, one sack and one tackle for loss

• Sweat passed Brian Orakpo for the most QBH through 36 career games in franchise history.

• Linebacker Cole Holcomb recorded a team-high nine tackles (four solo) and one tackle for a loss and a
forced fumble.

• Safety Bobby McCain registered five tackles with three passes defensed.

• Wide receiver DeAndre Carter returned a kickoff for 101 yards. The last time a Washington player
returned a kickoff for a touchdown was on Nov. 24, 2019 when Steven Sims Jr. did so vs. the Detroit
Lions (91 yards).

• Carter’s 101-yard kickoff return for a touchdown is tied for the longest in franchise history with Brian
Mitchell (Dec. 6, 1998 vs. San Diego) and Rashad Ross (Sept. 24, 2015 at NY Giants).

• Carter’s kickoff return for a touchdown was the longest in the NFL since Cincinnati S Brandon Wilson
had a 103-yard return against the New York Giants on Nov. 29, 2020.

• The kickoff return for a touchdown was the first touchdown in Carter’s career.
• Punter Tress Way finished the game with two punts for 84 yards (42.0 avg.) and pinned one of his
punts inside the 20-yard line.

• Heinicke is the first Washington quarterback to throw for three touchdowns since September 8, 2019,

2 friggin years since we had a QB throw for 3 TD's in a game, I didn't realize it has been that long

Haha…Bang’s analysis of confusing the secondary

Washington scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter. The last time Washington scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter was Sep. 20, 2020 at Arizona.

Heinicke's mojo was behind both. Pressure about to get to him, McLaurin tied up, but a floating player was thrown, Mclaurin broke free, and made the catch.
Then scramble drill about to start, everything sniffed out, then an across-the-field checkdown when everyone was suckered to the left.

2 friggin years since we had a QB throw for 3 TD's in a game, I didn't realize it has been that long

Me either. It is even more ridiculous given the video game numbers that the other QBs in this league, even the "non elite" ones, are putting up.

Lol Kinda hard to imagine that one..well.... maybe not:) Highest Qb rating for a QB in 4 yrs is a head scratcher to.
It was real nice to see Samuel back out there making an impact, looking forward to see him progress as we move on

Heinicke could have folded mentally when Thomas went down but did not. A lot of QBs fall into using a certain receiver as a crutch and crumbles if a number 1 or 1A target goes down. Jason Campbell would have crumpled if Cooley went down.

Me either. It is even more ridiculous given the video game numbers that the other QBs in this league, even the "non elite" ones, are putting up.
I would consider Derek Carr as an example. He manages to consistently flirt with 4000 yards but he just doesn't pass the eye test in being a dynamic quarterback of any style, be the Brady method or the Favre/Mahomes method.

Heinicke could have folded mentally when Thomas went down but did not. A lot of QBs fall into using a certain receiver as a crutch and crumbles if a number 1 or 1A target goes down. Jason Campbell would have crumpled if Cooley went down.

Heinicke is averaging 8-9 different targets every game. I don’t know when the last time we had a guy that spread the ball around like he is doing since Mark Brunell. I don’t see him having a favorite target other than maybe McLaurin.

I don’t see him having a favorite target other than maybe McLaurin.

Can you blame him? ;) I think he'd be A LOT of QBs fave targets. The man is just money! Honestly he ranks right up there amongst some of the best receivers this teams ever had. Just needs to stay consistent and healthy to cement it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.