• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Notes: Skins at Rams

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Oct. 2, 2011
Edward Jones Dome – St. Louis, Mo.

Game Notes: Washington Redskins at St. Louis Rams

• The Redskins defeated the St. Louis Rams, 17-10, on Sunday. The Redskins are now 3-1 entering a bye week in Week 5.

• This is the 11th time the Redskins have been better than .500 entering the bye since 1990. The Redskins have never finished with a losing record in seasons in which the team entered the bye with a record above .500.

• Ryan Torain finished the game with 135 yards on 19 carries, the fourth 100-yard rushing performance of his career.

• It was Torain’s second-highest career total for a game and his first 100-yard rushing day since Dec. 12, 2010, when he rushed for 172 yards vs. Tampa Bay.

• The Redskins finished with 196 rushing yards, the team’s highest total since Oct. 5, 2008, when the team rushed for 203 yards at Philadelphia.

• The Redskins won the yardage battle, 339-172. The Rams’ 172 offensive yards were the least allowed by the Redskins since Dec. 30, 2007 vs. Dallas.

• The Redskins are 9-0 in games since 2000 when allowing 172 yards or less.

• The Redskins’ seven sacks were the team’s most since Dec. 13, 2009, when the team registered eight sacks at Oakland.

• The Redskins are now 129-35-1 (.785) since the merger when registering at least four sacks in a game.

• The Redskins now have 15 sacks for the season, the highest total in the NFL entering Sunday afternoon’s games. The Redskins were 25th in the NFL a season ago with 29 sacks in 16 games.

• Brian Orakpo registered 2.5 sacks, his first multi-sack game since registering two sacks at Chicago on Oct. 24, 2010. His 2.5 sacks were the second-most in a single game in his career, behind his four-sack game at Oakland on Dec.13, 2009.

• Stephen Bowen registered a career-high 1.5 sacks.

• The Redskins held the Rams scoreless in the first half, marking the first time the Redskins have held an opponent to zero first-half points since Sept. 12, 2010 vs. Dallas, a span of 18 games.

• Before a fourth-quarter touchdown by the Rams, the Redskins had played seven straight quarters without surrendering a touchdown. The last time the Redskins held opposing offenses without a touchdown for seven straight quarters was in Weeks 15-16 in 2008 (Dec. 14 at Cincinnati and Dec. 21 vs. Philadelphia), 38 games ago.

• With a six-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter, Santana Moss tied Steve Smith for ninth-most career touchdown receptions among active players (54).

• The touchdown was the Redskins’ first first-quarter touchdown of the season.

• The touchdown came on an 11-play drive, the team’s longest scoring drive since its first scoring drive of the season, when Tim Hightower scored on an 11-play drive against the New York Giants on Sept. 11.

• Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan’s second-quarter sack of Sam Bradford gave him 2.5 for his rookie season. In the process, he forced his second fumble of the season and his second in as many weeks.

• Kerrigan has registered at least .5 sacks in three consecutive games, the first time a member of the Redskins has done so since Brian Orakpo did it in 2010 by recording two sacks against the Green Bay Packers on Oct. 10, one sack against Indianapolis on Oct. 17 and two sacks against the Chicago Bears on Oct. 24.

• On the play, Barry Cofield recovered the second fumble of his career. His only previous recovery was Nov. 21, 2010 at Philadelphia.

• Cofield had two passes defensed, giving him four passes defensed for the season, tying a career-high set last season as a member of the New York Giants.

• On the ensuing possession, Torain scored on a 20-yard touchdown run, the longest touchdown run of his career.

• It was Torain’s first touchdown of the season and sixth of his career. His last touchdown came on Dec. 26, 2010 at Jacksonville.

• Torain’s 39-yard run in the second quarter was his longest since Dec. 12, 2010 when he had a 54-yard run vs. Tampa Bay.

• Punter Sav Rocca’s placed three punts inside the 20-yard line, improving his league-leading total to 12.

• Rocca set a season long with a 64-yard punt in the second quarter.

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

Boy, ya put it that way it was like we won the game or something :)

The Redskins have real stat that wont get mentioned overall not for the game though 3rd in giving up points holding teams to 7 points less than what they are averageing.

The Redskins have real stat that wont get mentioned overall not for the game though 3rd in giving up points holding teams to 7 points less than what they are averageing.

After tomorrow night, it should be 2nd in the league and 1st in the NFC.

I agree you don't want to put too much stock into anything after four games, but I also am of the opinion that is not completely worthless. It means our D is playing a lot better than last year, and gives me warm fuzzies. So there.

this was worth mentioning ? LOL

Why not? It's giving a guy props for a game-time achievement-and it did add to our ability to hinder Bradford.

If we can slam players when they screw up we can-and IMO should-recognize when they've contributed to a win.

Just my opinion.

My favorite part of the game was watching Orakpo beat his guy inside as his blocker set himself up to block Orakpo's standard race around the edge pass rush. Fans have been clamoring for him to develop another successful move as being held after going wide isn't called as often as it's done. When I saw the replay, I thought it may be the single biggest auger of things to come from this game. At least I hope so.

My favorite part of the game was watching Orakpo beat his guy inside as his blocker set himself up to block Orakpo's standard race around the edge pass rush. Fans have been clamoring for him to develop another successful move as being held after going wide isn't called as often as it's done. When I saw the replay, I thought it may be the single biggest auger of things to come from this game. At least I hope so.

Yes, I noticed this as well. It was a great move with some speed to the inside.

Man after seeing our front seven light up the Rams yesterday, it makes me really miss seeing what Jarvis Jenkins would've been able to do in this scheme.

The Redskins D also has one the best 3rd down stop percentage in the league. This is a far cry from when they couldn't get off the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.