• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Notes: Skins at Dolphins 2019

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
REDSKINS-DOLPHINS GAME NOTES

· The Washington Redskins defeated the Miami Dolphins, 17-16, at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
· The Redskins game captains were: Quarterback Case Keenum, Defensive Tackle Jonathan Allen, Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, Safety Landon Collins and Punter Tress Way.
· The Redskins registered their first ever win over the Miami Dolphins on the road.
· The Redskins secured their first victory under Interim Head Coach Bill Callahan. The win was also their first of the season.
· The Redskins picked up their first win over Miami since defeating them 16-13 in overtime on Sept. 9, 2007.
· With the win, the Redskins have won their fourth-consecutive Week 6 contest dating back to 2016.
· The Redskins won their first game of the season against an AFC opponent for the first time since defeating the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 2 of the 2014 season.
· The Redskins have improved their all-time record against AFC East opponents to 26-25.
· The Redskins last three wins have all come in the state of Florida (Week 6 at Miami, Week 15 of 2018 at Jacksonville and Week 10 at Tampa Bay).
· The Redskins secured their 10th overall win in the state of Florida.
· The Redskins held the Dolphins to 271 total net yards. It was the fewest net yards that they allowed in a game since holding the Jacksonville Jaguars to 192 yards in Week 15 of the 2018 season.
· The Redskins held the Dolphins to 187 yards passing. It was the fewest net yards passing that they allowed in a game since holding the Jacksonville Jaguars to 20 net passing yards in Week 15 of the 2018 season.
· The Redskins held the Dolphins to 84 yards rushing. It is the second game this season that they have allowed less than 100 yards rushing in a single game.
· The Redskins had a plus-two turnover differential and it was their best turnover margin since Week 15 of the 2018 season against Jacksonville.
· The Redskins have now recorded at least one interception in five straight games, their longest such streak since a six-game stretch from Week 14 of 2017 to Week 2 of 2018.
· The Redskins posted six tackles for loss. They have recorded at least five tackles for loss in back-to-back games for the first time since Week 14-Week 15 of 2018, according to Stats LLC.
· The Redskins recorded four sacks in the first quarter, setting a franchise record [since 1991].
· The Redskins recorded at least four sacks in consecutive games for the first time since Week 7-Week 8 of the 2018 season.
· The Redskins held the Dolphins to 16 points, the lowest they've held their opponent in a game since the Jaguars [13] in Week 15 of last season.
· The Redskins held the Dolphins to three points in the first half, the lowest they've held their opponent since the Buccaneers [three] in Week 10 of last season.
· The Redskins intercepted two passes for the second game of the year. They entered the game ranked tied for seventh in the league [five].
· The Redskins recorded two sacks on their opening drive. It was the first time they accomplished that feat this season.
· Quarterback Case Keenum finished the game 13-for-25 and passed for 166 yards and two touchdowns.
· This was the 24th time in Keenum's career that he has passed for multiple touchdowns in a single game.
· Running Back Adrian Peterson ran for a season-high 118 yards on 23 attempts.
· Peterson logged his 55th game of 100-plus rushing yards. He is ninth all-time and first among active running backs. Buffalo Bills RB Frank Gore is second with 45 such games.
· Peterson's 25-yard run in the second quarter is the longest of the season. His two runs of 10-plus yards are also a season high.
· Peterson (2,888) had 23 carries on the day and passed Eddie George (2,865) and Thurman Thomas (2,877) for No. 15 and No. 14 on the NFL's all-time list, respectively.
· Peterson gained 7.1 yards per carry in the first half. That mark was tied for his 12th-highest mark in a first half of his career (minimum 10 carries).
· Running Back Chris Thompson finished with two catches for eight yards along with three rushes for 12 yards. He now has 30 straight games with at least one reception.
· Wide Receiver Terry McLaurin finished with a game-high seven receptions for 100 yards and two touchdowns. He is the first player in franchise history to record four touchdowns in his first five games and the 11th rookie to record four or more in a single season.
· McLaurin is the fifth Redskins rookie to have multiple touchdowns in a game, joining Charlie Brown, Art Monk, Charlie Taylor and Tydus Winans.
· McLaurin is the second rookie in franchise history to have at least 100 yards receiving and two touchdowns in a game, joining Brown [12/26/1982].
· McLaurin is the only rookie receiver in the league to have at least three catches and 50 yards in every game played. He leads all rookie receivers in touchdowns [five].
· Tackle Donald Penn started in his 180th career game.
· Defensive Lineman Jonathan Allen recorded three solo tackles, two sacks, two tackles for loss and one pass defensed [first of the season]. It was the third multi-sack game of his career.
· Defensive Lineman Matt Ioannidis recorded one sack, one tackle for loss and one solo tackle.
· Defensive Lineman Treyvon Hester recorded his first sack as a Redskin.
· Defensive Lineman Daron Payne finished the game with three tackles (two solo). The first tackle of the day was the 75th of his career, according to STATS LLC.
· Linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton had his first career interception. He also added two solo tackles and one pass defensed.
· Linebacker Jon Bostic finished the game with eight tackles (four solo). His third tackle of the day was his 350th career tackles, according to STATS LLC.
· Cornerback Quinton Dunbar recorded an interception, setting a new career season-high [three]. He also added six tackles (five solo) and one pass defensed.
· Safety Landon Collins recorded a game-high 12 tackles (10 solo), including one tackle for loss, two passes defensed and one forced fumble. His forced fumble and two passes defensed are both his first of the season.
· Collins' 12 tackles ties his season-high in a single-game.
· Collins' sack in the first quarter was his first since 2016 and is the fifth of this career.
· Kicker Dustin Hopkins connected on his first field goal attempt [21 yards], giving him 30 consecutive makes from inside 39 yards.
· Punter Tress Way pinned two punts inside the 20-yard line on his seven attempts. Way entered the game tied for first the in the NFC with 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it hard to believe were only a failed 2-point attempt from losing that game.

I think the Dolphins will win at least a couple games if Fitz is the QB. I think the Dolphins were fleeced on the Rosen trade, which makes the likelihood of trading Haskins when we draft Tua, less possible.

I find it hard to believe were only a failed 2-point attempt from losing that game.

I think the Dolphins will win at least a couple games if Fitz is the QB. I think the Dolphins were fleeced on the Rosen trade, which makes the likelihood of trading Haskins when we draft Tua, less possible.

2 pt conversion would've forced OT. No guarantee the Dolphins pull it out in extra time. Just sayin' ...

2 pt conversion would've forced OT. No guarantee the Dolphins pull it out in extra time. Just sayin' ...

OK, I am going by the NFL.com stat sheet I did not watch the game, but we won by 1 point, they scored a TD late to go from 17-10 to 17-16.

Am I missing something?

OK, I am going by the NFL.com stat sheet I did not watch the game, but we won by 1 point, they scored a TD late to go from 17-10 to 17-16.

Am I missing something?

I'm just correcting an incorrect statement - not arguing your point :)

If the Dolphins had converted the 2 point conversion, they would have taken the lead with 6 second left. The Redskins most likely lose if they had converted. Of course if you saw the play, there was zero percent chance they were going to convert. If Drake catches the ball, Anderson and 3 other Redskins are right on top of him. Not that any of that matters. What matters is a 17-16 final score.

Yeah - my bad El and Kel - that's 100% correct. Honestly, why go for two there? You score and have all the momentum going into OT. The odds are better imho taking your chances on extra time on your home turf and with the officials.

Agree...but the defense never should have folded like it did in the first place. Norman - guy's gotta go.

Yeah - my bad El and Kel - that's 100% correct. Honestly, why go for two there? You score and have all the momentum going into OT. The odds are better imho taking your chances on extra time on your home turf and with the officials.

You go for two there because you are winless and have nothing to lose. If the Redskins were in that position, I'd want them to go for 2 as well. When you are winless and you have a shot to win, you go for it. I agree with you that they had all the momentum and were getting some help with the officials when they needed it most. But I still think winless teams need to go for the win when they have a shot.

A win is a win. That's all that matters at this point to me. Baby steps.

After the way the team has been losing I'll take an ugly win to end the streak. Have no idea how many more they've got in store but they need to learn that Callahan's approach will get them more W's than L's, for the remainder of the year anyways.

One corner of the Triad of Pain has been broken, once the other 2 get smashed we go from baby steps to normal ones.

Brucifer
/ \
/ \
/ \
Jay Manusky

Edit: Dammit now my triad is retarded, you guys get the idea

Last edited:
I could really care less about a white knuckle win against the worst team in the league. I have no plans to root for Redskins losses - but the truth is we are better served by losses at this point than wins. Some are seizing on the 'we're only 2 games out of first place' nonsense. Look - it took everything we had to beat the frigging Dolphins, and if we're being honest, we only won that one because the Dolphins couldn't execute a 2 pt conversion if their lives depended on it. The idea that this coaching staff is going to pull off some sort of miracle run - it's not happening.

So what would I like to see?

I'd like to see a clear rebuild immediately. Trade or dump some of the dead weight, under-producing 'talent' that is not going to be part of our future. But that's not going to happen - because Bruce Allen is so darn smart.

Short of a total housecleaning, starting with Bruce Allen, there is literally nothing that can resurrect this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.