• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Notes: Skins at Bills

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Oct. 30, 2011
Rogers Centre – Toronto, Canada

Game Notes: Washington Redskins at Buffalo Bills

• Linebacker London Fletcher recorded his second interception of the season and 18th interception of his career by intercepting Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick in the second quarter. Fletcher’s most recent interception had come on Sept. 18 in a Week 2 win vs. Arizona.

• Fletcher played in his 215 consecutive regular season game, tying him for most among active NFL players with Tampa Bay cornerback Ronde Barber. He also started his 171st consecutive game, most among active NFL linebackers.

• Linebacker Brian Orakpo recovered the first fumble of his career in the second quarter. The fumble recovery was the Redskins’ first since Barry Cofield recovered a fumble in the second quarter of Washington’s Week 4 win against St. Louis on Oct. 2.

• Defensive end Kedric Golston’s third-quarter sack of Fitzpatrick gives Golston 1.5 sacks for the season. Golston is now 0.5 sacks shy of tying his career high for sacks in a single season.

• Defensive end Stephen Bowen tied a single-season career high in sacks, registering a half-sack to reach 3.0 for the season.

• Punter Sav Rocca placed two punts inside Buffalo’s 20-yard line. Rocca now has 16 punts placed inside the opponents’ 20 for the season, pushing Rocca past Tampa Bay’s Michael Koenen (15), who led the league entering the game.

• Fifty percent of Rocca’s punts (16-of-32) this season have been downed inside the 20. Entering this week’s games, Rocca led the league with 53.8 percent of punts placed inside the 20-yard line amongst punters with a minimum of 20 punts. No other punter with a 20-punt minimum had a percent above 44 percent.

• Rocca had six punts without a touchback against Buffalo, giving him zero touchbacks on 32 punts this season.

• The Redskins anemic offense failed to produce ONE DAMN THING for the gazillionth time in any number of games ever.

• Running back Ryan Torain had his first reception of the season in the third quarter.

• Running back Roy Helu tied a career-high in receptions with three, set previously on Sept. 18 against Arizona.

• Rookie wide receiver Leonard Hankerson had his first career catch in the first quarter, registering a 23-yard reception for the Redskins’ first third down conversion of the game.

• The Redskins held the Bills to zero points on Buffalo’s opening drive. The Redskins entered the game as one of six teams yet to allow a touchdown on their opponents’ opening drive.

• The Redskins held the Bills to a field goal at the end of the first half. The Redskins are now tied for second in the NFC for fewest points allowed in the final two minutes of halves (12 – Atlanta).

I commend you for doing this... but eesh

This is a game that deserves to be stricken from the memory. Redskins fans would benefit from getting an anvil dropped off a cliff onto their noggin' A few stars and then blessed amnesia.

Then, we can optimistically trust Acme and chase that Roadrunner again.

You clearly didn't read every bullet point :)

Give me the gun. I'll gladly make another bullet point.

I say we extend Rocca now, it'd be the only positive news for the remainder of the season

When one of the major highlights of your day was the punters performance, you've got problems.

Boone, in case you wanted another at least somewhat positive bullet point, here's one.

The Redskins held the Bills to their second lowest point total so far this season. Only the Bengals, holding them to 20 points did better. The Bills total of 23 points in Sundays game is 8 points below what they had been averaging against non-Redskins opponents (31.33333).

Hey, I had to find something, y'know? :paranoid:

The 9th one was my favorite.

Yeah, it kinda covered all the bases. Yet ANOTHER season down the toilet. Not sure how much more of this I want to bother to watch. Even morbid curiosity may not be enough. :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.