• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GAME DAY! Preseason Wk. 1 vs FALCONS

Yeah we still have no lanes open for the rb's it seems, the defense after the starters were pulled got shaky real fast, of course atl kept their starting o line in with schuab for a bit as well.

Special Teams has been a bright spot. Hope they keep that up.

4th and 1 with 2nd stringers in and you go for it in pre-season game 1, Quinn it doesn't make your phallous bigger in the pre-season

I am disappointed in Quinton Dunbar, kid got burned big, twice. I was hoping an entire off-season in the new position would give him time to adjust. Robinson had his way with the youngster.

Robinson definitely had way too much separation in the secondary, don't know if it was scheme or just lack of positioning with our db's, I'd have to go back and watch, on one of the big throws it was blown coverage over top due to biting on the play fake.

First of all...It's. The. Preseason.

Came in late but told Kirk looked sharp. The rook QB looked good his first series. And It's. The. Preseason.

Not laughing at raccoon jokes anymore :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're playing so much soft zone its deplorable, thankfully its pre-season game 1, no need to buy razor blades yet, although if our run game doesn't improve I hope Kirk can throw 80x a game.

Watching pre-season is like seeing your ex at a high school reunion, still looks ok, probably hit it after 8 or so but you know the real deal is waiting for you at home (reg season).

There are quite a few things you can forgive in the first pre-season game, flags, holding calls, illegal procedures, but getting burned twice on long pass plays does not look good for a young player who looked like he might be turning the corner to becoming a solid CB. I am not throwing in the towel for the kid, but I am disappointed to see him burned by a WR we released when we had a poor WR crew.

most of this game is about player evaluation. I like the 3rd game with the starters to look good. The rest is of no concern.

That was quite possibly the ugliest professional football game I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good stuff, some not so good stuff. As Boone said-first preseason games are not to be taken all that seriously, fan hypochondria to the contrary. A learning experience all around. The comeback from the initial score deficit was a good sign.

There are quite a few things you can forgive in the first pre-season game, flags, holding calls, illegal procedures, but getting burned twice on long pass plays does not look good for a young player who looked like he might be turning the corner to becoming a solid CB. I am not throwing in the towel for the kid, but I am disappointed to see him burned by a WR we released when we had a poor WR crew.

That's highly forgiveable.
Because that's exactly what preseason is for...to find out these types of things.
Far better to find out now, that Dunbar can't cut it, than in the regular season.
Dunbar can be easily replaced.
It'd be a different story if it was Norman getting repeatedly burned by Drick Robinson.
Norman cannot be replaced.
Not anytime soon.

Box score said Su'anami had a couple tfl's. Atleast one positive right?

I watched the first 10 minutes, then put on Star Wars VII. It has very high-rewatchability.

Cousins looks the same. Jones looks the same. Nobody got hurt.

Thats about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I popped onto Chat during the first quarter but no one was on.

Agree with Boone et al, not gonna get bent out of shape as it's preseason and traditionally if the Redskins win in pre-Season it means we're gonna be terrible, and if we lose in pre-season it bodes well. LOL You can never really tell too much.

I liked Cousins in the VERY small sample size we got. Nothing flash, just a little run out. Don't think we showed anything from our playbook yet, just some short simple stuff. Looked almost like a little tune up for him to me.
McCoy looked ok, nothing to write home about.
Nate I'll reserve judgement on, but he did what he was supposed to do, look good against scrubs.

The run game worries me alot.
Not so much Jones and co, but the fact that I'd hoped an extra year having this offensive line coached might produce more solid results in opening up lanes. But we just didn't look like we'd made any step forwards.

QD's coverage also made me worry. But it is first pre-season game so lets see if it's just rust being shaken off. I'll give him the benefit of doubt till we see the next few games.

Still, it made me spectacularly happy to have Skins football again, even if it is just preseason. :D

I know it's the first game of preseason, but I already took away two things... KC1 picks up where he left off and hopefully stays there (if not better) and the Gruden run game is still its complete and utter historical crap.

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.