• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game blacked out in Tampa

I think Miles was ready to smack some people. I'm sure he won't mind you bringing it up again.

:)

Amazing. Fans in FL are into college football first.

Tampa has posted a Super Bowl win, a Stanley Cup and made the World Series, all with lukewarm support.

And there are all these other places like Cleveland that have great fans and they don't win anything.

What a waste.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Tampa has posted a Super Bowl win, a Stanley Cup and made the World Series, all with lukewarm support.

And there are all these other places like Cleveland that have great fans and they don't win anything.

What a waste.

Yep. Tomorrow that VERY SAME stadium in Tampa will be packed for the USF and FSU game. The following day for a pro game......deserted. The Skins fans will probably outnumber the Tampa fans, no kidding.

The only Tampa fans will be drunk on the pirate ship.

I think Miles was ready to smack some people. I'm sure he won't mind you bringing it up again.

:)

:rotflmao: Ya, the twins took a shot on that one :)

I'm not even close to Tampa, 2+ hours to get there. To add insult to injury, my area is right on the boundary for Miami and Tampa, so many games don't air.

I so sick of this ****

:kick_can:

:rotflmao: Ya, the twins took a shot on that one :)

I'm not even close to Tampa, 2+ hours to get there. To add insult to injury, my area is right on the boundary for Miami and Tampa, so many games don't air.

I so sick of this ****

:kick_can:

If the stadium is that empty, you could always drive the 2 hours up there and go to the game! I bet you could get tickets on the cheap! :)

What a waste.

It has a lot to do with the population of the state. Lots of transplants still loyal to their home town teams. A big part of Florida's population are huge football fans, but it's the type you play with your feet. It's hard not to be into college football down here. We do have three big time programs that produce high draft picks fairly consistently.

Somebody is screwing with me... the listing has been changed, and they say their showing the Skins Tampa game. I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, Tshile, no harm, no foul either way....

It has a lot to do with the population of the state. Lots of transplants still loyal to their home town teams. A big part of Florida's population are huge football fans, but it's the type you play with your feet. It's hard not to be into college football down here. We do have three big time programs that produce high draft picks fairly consistently.

Not to mention, there are not many people who want to spend 3 hours in the Florida sun in late September. All my years down there I never went to a sporting event in the summer months unless I was guaranteed shade!

If the stadium is that empty, you could always drive the 2 hours up there and go to the game! I bet you could get tickets on the cheap! :)

Good point, but It's not going to happen. Between the complete make over of my bike, and the surgery in July, this Sunday is the first chance I get to ride since late May. It's the International "Distinguished Gentlemen's " ride, and I plan on being the least dapper bloke on Brit Iron.

Not to mention, there are not many people who want to spend 3 hours in the Florida sun in late September. All my years down there I never went to a sporting event in the summer months unless I was guaranteed shade!

Very True... That's one of the reasons I haven't gone... well to sit in the stands at least. Last two Tampa games I went to, I was doing coverage for ES. Not that it's any less hot on the field, but at least the cheer leaders help keep your mind off of it, and a break at the half in the AC of the press box makes it bearable.

The game will be shown in your area Pete. Once the change is made (and displayed on the distribution site), it stays. I'm hoping for a change here in the Philly region sometime tomorrow, but it probably won't happen. Enjoy watching it on your TV.

The game will be shown in your area Pete. Once the change is made (and displayed on the distribution site), it stays. I'm hoping for a change here in the Philly region sometime tomorrow, but it probably won't happen. Enjoy watching it on your TV.

While I trust you in what you say, we're talkin me here. If Tampa aint on, and Green Bay is, we'll get Green Bay 8 out of 10 times. I swear the program director here is from the upper mid west. I'll say a prayer to the gods of programing for ya. Couldn't hurt.

Could it ?:paranoid:

I "live" in SW Florida when I'm unemployed or taking a break. I understand the lack of fans to be a direct result of most of the people in FL being from somewhere else. I mean take away all of the transplants and what do you have? About enough fans to almost sell out a stadium. I have friends in my industry from New England living in Fort Lauderdale. You know who they root for? The friggin Dolphins? Their resoning is they have been there 20 yrs and its their home and they're gonna root for the home team. I can respect that but remind them that the Pats utterly sucked when they jumped ship! :p They are the exception.

I've lived all over, and while in NC I couldn't help but like the Panthers a little but I could never changed colors and truth be told, most don't.

Native floridians are a mythical beast. Most "natives" family moved there from somewhere else and they were taught to root for the old home team. I know so many people who have lived in FL for 20,30 and 40 yrs but still root for the Giants and Jets.

I'm not making excuses for a team that can't seem to fill a stadium, but I can understand it more than the Bills, Chargers, Vikings, etc.

If anyone is unable to get the game, PM me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.