• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Front Office

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I am beating the drum as loud as I possibly can for us to promote Kyle Smith to GM and let Rivera breathe a little bit....

here is some other front office news

The one questionable pick taken high recently was Haskins by Snyder and that accounts for all of the controversy and ill will around town.

Folks haven’t been dumping on us for taking Chase Young, Sweat, Payne, McLaurin or big risk/reward guys like Saahdiq Charles and Gibson.

If we can keep our picks like the Steelers and Packers and avoid signing guys like Josh Norman to outsized Contracts in free agency there is no reason this can’t turn around.

Moving this here and out of the Haskins thread since it makes a lot more sense over here.

Lets take an honest look at Kyle Smith... the dude is an absolute star and is going to be getting some SERIOUS GM attention. We need to promote that guy NOW. Look at the last 3 drafts we've had. (he was promoted to Director of College Scouting in June 2017, and to VP of Player Personnel earlier this year).

2018 Draft[edit]

RoundOverallNamePositionCollege
113Daron PayneNTAlabama
259Derrius GuiceRBLouisiana State
374Geron ChristianTLouisville
4109Troy ApkeSPenn State
5163Tim SettleNTVirginia Tech
6197Shaun Dion HamiltonLBAlabama
7241Greg StromanCBVirginia Tech
7256Trey QuinnWRSouthern Methodist

Payne - Hit
Guice - Was a hit... now a flop
Christian - Getting better but not there yet
Apke - Starting. Questionable but starting
Settle - Hit
Dion Hamilton - Hit
Stroman - Hit
Quinn - Meh

2019 Draft[edit]

113Dwayne HaskinsQBOhio State
126Montez SweatDEMississippi State
376Terry McLaurinWROhio State
4112Bryce LoveRBStanford
4131Wes MartinGIndiana
5153Ross PierschbacherCAlabama
5173Cole HolcombLBNorth Carolina
6206Kelvin HarmonWRNC State
7227Jimmy MorelandDBJames Madison
7253Jordan BrailfordDEOklahoma StateHaski

Haskins - Miss (Snyder pick)
Sweat - Hit
McLaurin - BIG HIT
Love - Meh
Martin - Likely depth guy
Pierschbacher - Miss
Holcomb - Hit
Harmon - incomplete but flashing
Moreland - Hit
Brailford - I think he's gonna hit

2020 Draft[edit]

12Chase YoungDEOhio State
366Antonio GibsonRBMemphis
4108Saahdiq CharlesOTLSU
4142Antonio Gandy-GoldenWRLiberty
5156Keith IsmaelCSan Diego State
5162Khaleke HudsonLBMichigan
7216Kamren CurlSSArkansas
7229James Smith-WilliamsDENC State

Way too early but here...

Young - hit
Gibson - hit
Charles - incomplete
Gandy Golden - incomplete
Ismael - incomplete but I think he hits
Hudson - incomplete
Curl - hit. he's already flashing in rotation
Smith-Williams - incomplete but I think he hits too.

These are the moves we're making now. These are the best drafts we've had in 30 years and it's not even close.

The only ones I disagree with are Guice and Apke.

Guice's off field issues are now showing and it becomes glaring why so many teams passed on him.

Apke is not good. But, neither is Collins right now. I am not sure if its the coverage we are calling with them, the lack of communication, or whatever...but, I am constantly seeing him trying to chase people down.

The only ones I disagree with are Guice and Apke.

Guice's off field issues are now showing and it becomes glaring why so many teams passed on him.

Apke is not good. But, neither is Collins right now. I am not sure if its the coverage we are calling with them, the lack of communication, or whatever...but, I am constantly seeing him trying to chase people down.

Yeah, I only put Guice as a hit, now a flop, is because its impossible to argue the talent.... The dude had what it takes as a football player. As far as health and as a person... not so much. Apke is a questionable starter, and I think he has a place in the NFL. Regarding a 4th round pick, it's not a bad pick. He doesn't need to be starting on Defense right now. He can be a special teams guy and a rotational piece, which leans toward hit in their 3rd season.

not bad as a 4th rounder at all...for depth. but, we need a true runner and not someone who's top speed is every play.

Like Sean...I know he is the top flight stud we all dream of having. but, it never seemed like he was running "at full speed" when he was out there. he kept up because he was able to run that fast. he had that stride. so, he was able to do other things as well such as hit, cover, swat balls, intercept.

that is what I want to see from Troy. the ability to not just keep up, but do something once he does.

That was a really good post ST. Though Brailford was poached by the Vikes, can most definitely be a hit just another that got away if so.

if there’s one glaring area Kyle needs to get better at its o-line. Quality & quantity both.

That was a really good post ST. Though Brailford was poached by the Vikes, can most definitely be a hit just another that got away if so.

if there’s one glaring area Kyle needs to get better at its o-line. Quality & quantity both.

I hate to see Brailford go. He's a legit rotational piece as a rookie if he doesn't have 3 first round picks in front of him that include a Redskins ring of honor guy (a few more double digit sack years and I think he's in the convo for Canton), someone with HOF potential, and a double digit sack guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.