• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency:

I figured he'd be out searching for the River Styx so he could dip his wheels and get his mojo back. ;)

Ya, but with our luck, he'll sign with Philly and be healthy for at least two games next season...:angry:

Ya, but with our luck, he'll sign with Philly and be healthy for at least two games next season...:angry:

THAT would suck.....kinda like Carlos Rogers' newfound ability to see.....AND catch.

Chad Henne signs with the Jags. I guess they don't totally trust Gabbert.

@John Keim #Redskins RT @RavensInsider Eric Winston to visit Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Lions. "I want to win right now'

@granthpaulsen #Redskins not on this list, yet. RT @RavensInsider Eric Winston to visit Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Lions. "I want to win right now'

If he wants to win now, why are the Rams and Chiefs on his list?

*EDIT* I guess he read my mind.

@granthpaulsen #Rams are 10-38 the last the 3 years. RT @RavensInsider Eric Winston to visit Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Lions. "I want to win right now.'

@John Keim #Redskins RT @RavensInsider Eric Winston to visit Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Lions. "I want to win right now'

@granthpaulsen #Rams are 10-38 the last the 3 years. RT @RavensInsider Eric Winston to visit Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Lions. "I want to win right now.'

He was misquoted, what he really said was:

"I want to win lots of $$ right now."

Ok nice to have Bill on our side but"...has great size, will work well in the WC where they like to send big receivers across the middle of the field"? Since when is 6ft "big" or "great size" especially by NFL standards?

As an aside, speed not withstanding it looks like the Smurfs v2. I sure hope Hankerson works out for us or we have no size at all besides Davis.

I saw somewhere Bill Polian referring to Garcon as "Thick" and I have seen his weight reported as 210 215 and 220. 6' 220 is Thick. I'm 6' 200 and I'm pretty thick. :yikes:

I dunno, I haven't watched much AFC ball but I saw him tear us up.

Garçon was the one player I wanted above any other this year. Just getting him alone makes this FA period a huge success.

Like everyone else, I'd like to see some line/safety help now.

THAT would suck.....kinda like Carlos Rogers' newfound ability to see.....AND catch.

Chad Henne signs with the Jags. I guess they don't totally trust Gabbert.

Hey Los is a free agent :thud:

I saw somewhere Bill Polian referring to Garcon as "Thick" and I have seen his weight reported as 210 215 and 220. 6' 220 is Thick. I'm 6' 200 and I'm pretty thick. :yikes:

I dunno, I haven't watched much AFC ball but I saw him tear us up.

At five nine, 215, I guess I'm a friggin tree stump...:kick_can:

Chargers are looking at Eddie Royal to be WR4 - and the report is that its very likely.

Why would he turn down an opportunity to be reunited w/ Shanahan for a WR4 job? Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be surprising. The Chargers are not exactly known as a team that offers up market competitive contracts.

That's why Sproles, Jackson, Michael Turner and a host of others are now wearing other uniforms.

Has this thread become a weight watchers weigh-in? Ok...

5-11, 181. Hope to shed the extra six pounds by summer. Bah. :)

Back to serious...

Still hearing that VJax was our first target at WR and that the sudden cap crap changed things. That is why we went after "bargains" that could be solid pick ups at WR.

My question is this...

In a manner of speaking, did the league save us from ourselves? Signing VJax means that we would only sign two WRs, maybe three under the right circumstances. In the long run, will being without the services of VJ be a better situation?

In a manner of speaking, did the league save us from ourselves? Signing VJax means that we would only sign two WRs, maybe three under the right circumstances. In the long run, will being without the services of VJ be a better situation?

In a word, yes.

I would have had a hard time avoiding a Ryman Rant had we signed Jackson. Just knowing that we were going to go after him that hard is disheartening.

I think a clear 'Yes' :)

Jackson is a fine athlete but he was never a true #1 receiver in the sense that a Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson are.

Antonio Gates was often the 'go-to' receiver for Rivers and Floyd took a lot of attention on the other side.

To me Jackson at 29 has the greatest chance of being a bust of the major receivers that actually reached free agency - recall that Colston and Jackson were resigned.

Tampa is simply spending like drunk sailors.

Two years from now a number of these players they have signed like Eric Wright and Jackson are going to be viewed IMO as net drags on their salary cap.

Nicks was their best pickup because he is just entering his prime and is a legit pro bowler in his own right, and has experience winning the Super Bowl and being with a winning organization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.