• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fred Davis is Representing Himself in Bizarre Lawsuit

Lanky Livingston

This is pretty good for the comedic value alone. Quotes like “It’s just all made up and flagellant” are gold, jerry, gold!

From what I can tell its a harrassment lawsuit between sleepy and a party planner, but I can't really tell who is suing who. Seems like a big, legal mess; lets just hope Fred doesn't decide he needs to take the edge off with a bowl after this mess!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...is-representing-himself-in-a-bizarre-lawsuit/

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/...al-mess-harassment-suit-restraining-order.php

Who is more of a doofus on this team? Fred or DeAngelo? Just shut up and hire a good lawyer - make it go away quickly. Sheeesh.

Fred is certainty making his case...

(pun intended)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Defendant's who represent themselves have a fool for a client.

'Sleepy' Davis just goes from one head-scratcher to another. What's so difficult for this guy in just preparing and playing NFL football?

Just figures that the Redskins player he was going to meet at the club where all this happened was Clinton Portis :laugh:

Yet many still think it was wise to sign him to a $5 million contract...

Said it before and this just confirms it for me...again. He should have been shown the door! We could have signed a young TE to fill the void as we prepare to have Niles Paul step in to the Shannon Sharpe roll on this team (Hopefully).

Yeah yeah yeah! I know...talent depleted...super athlete...blah blah blah! We should have let his ass walk! Not only is he a knuckle head, he is dumb!

Yeah yeah yeah! I know...talent depleted...super athlete...blah blah blah! We should have let his ass walk! Not only is he a knuckle head, he is dumb!
Could not agree more. I doubt he could out wit a screw driver.

If Fred makes good on the field then maybe trade bait come deadline is the plan.

Yep...no point releasing an asset for free if you can get something in return for him. He's gotta be worth at least a 4th round pick to some TE-needy team. Also need to see how Paul develops in the role, to see if he can even fill it! I have high hopes, but you never know until the pressure is on...hopefully our new QB is so talented that I could play TE in this offense. :)

If Fred makes good on the field then maybe trade bait come deadline is the plan.

Not sure where I heard it, but if I recall correctly Shanahan likes him. I understand why Shanahan would keep him around, he has memories of Shannon Sharpe in his offense and Fred is a talent, a talent who might fulfill that same role Sharpe did. I just don't like when a knuckle head continues to show his boneheadedness. It just seems like the TE position is a dime a dozen these days.

And has this court date kept Davis from going down to Waco with the other receivers? I have to admit I was pleased to hear he'd be one of them, but now not so much.

It just seems like the TE position is a dime a dozen these days.
I can't believe how often I hear fans (and even some coaches) say this about different positions lol...I've heard "kickers are a dime a dozen", "RBs are a dime a dozen", "D-Linemen are a dime a dozen", and now "TE's are a dime a dozen".

Who knew that, outside of a handful of positions, it doesn't really matter who you trot out on the field lol :)...

I liked Davis' potential on the field, but it appears just like so many of Cerrato's picks and free agents, there is evidently some character flaw or attitude issue which will probably prevent Fred from maximizing his potential here.

That draft class that Vinny was so proud of in 2008 looking in retrospect was one of the worst disasters in club history.

Three #2 picks of which two, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, are already gone from the team. Davis, the last of the three, has already been suspended for drugs and now has additional legal problems.

Free agent contracts for Haynesworth and Hall continue to hamstring the club vs. the cap.

Is it ever going to end?

This is like the curse of the Bambino in short-form (hopefully :) ).

They do?....

Yeah, we have 18 million in cap space that is dead in each of the 2012 and 2013 seasons because of their contracts. That's 36 million we do not have to sign players, you know like one of those TE's.

maybe we can cut him as a player and resign him as court jester

And the dumb jock stereotype is again reinforced.

The stereotype is unfortunate.

However, Davis is without question, dumber than a bag of hammers.

My apologies to the hammers.

Riggo would have at least known what the date was and hired a lawyer.

The young ones thrive on today's 24/7 social-news media but some just don't understand or care about the consequences when putting out "situations" that may affect their careers and reputations.

In Fred's case, this featurette into his lifestyle explains a lot about why he is in the situation he's in, primarily one toke away from essentially losing his career and all of the high flying perks that come along because of it.

Yeah, we have 18 million in cap space that is dead in each of the 2012 and 2013 seasons because of their contracts. That's 36 million we do not have to sign players, you know like one of those TE's.
You're putting the Goodell/Mara punishments on the contracts? lol...Wow.

I'm sure the front office loves that FD is in court talking about genitals, pimps and strippers.

This really is good stuff...especially for announcers after Davis make a play during the game.

"Gee Bob, that was some great hands by Davis over the middle. Do you think he uses those hands like that when he's with a hooker? He probably likes to go deep over the middle on his days off..."
"I gotta tell ya, Stan, you can barely tell that Davis was at a club last night until 3:00 am...and that pimp juice must have washed out of his eyes already for him to have made that last catch."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.