• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fournette yay or nay

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
I say throw a 7th at the jags, get him in and signed. he is a big back, but has speed and great hands, he would remove one hole immediately and we would not have to rush any of our IR backs and let them rehab and come back when they are actually ready. a tandem of him and AP would be very solid with the rookie probably moving to slot or wide.

I would say wait for him to become a free agent but I wouldnt want to risk it, his cap number jumps next year but we might be able to sign him to a long term if rivera shows him we want to improve.

Like we need another oft-injured LSU back...........

Assuming it's as easy as throwing a 7th at JAX and getting him in and signed ... I haven't followed his saga this offseason at all. We'd need to know what he'd cost, whether he's likely to be ready to compete health-wise whenever camp opens, if he's considered the kind of locker-room culture guy Ron has said he's looking for, etc. If he checks out at least as 'maybe' on all of those things, hell yeah I'd be about bringing him in. The guy was a straight up beast when he was right.

Anyone here have a sense of that stuff?

Roster and Cap space are limited at this stage. I say pass and focus on other needs. We have plenty of RB's.

Assuming it's as easy as throwing a 7th at JAX and getting him in and signed ... I haven't followed his saga this offseason at all. We'd need to know what he'd cost, whether he's likely to be ready to compete health-wise whenever camp opens, if he's considered the kind of locker-room culture guy Ron has said he's looking for, etc. If he checks out at least as 'maybe' on all of those things, hell yeah I'd be about bringing him in. The guy was a straight up beast when he was right.

Anyone here have a sense of that stuff?

I took a cruise around some Jags forums. They're kind of a mixed bag on him. He had a pretty good 2019, and was used more as a pass catcher than he has previously. He's not happy in Jacksonville and supposedly has been somewhat of a disruption per their fans (although not as bad as their DE). Most recently, he went on ESPN and campaigned for the Jags to sign Cam Newton which pissed a lot of people off apparently since they are looking at Minshew one would assume as the starter. Seems like a pretty childish thing to do to your current QB. Some fans believe the Jags want him gone bad enough that they'll release him. Tough part is, you'd only be guaranteed a year unless you want to extend him, and you probably would want a year to see how he meshes before doing that.

That’s OK, given the injury rate at RB I would rather go year to year on a veteran.

Besides a one year deal would keep him motivated.

Don’t see Rivera picking Fournette up though.

The team drafted Gibson and signed Barber and McKissic to go with Guice, Love and AP.

If anything one would guess we are looking in veteran post draft free agency for a depth safety and another TE.

I do not see the need to trade a pick for him when this is a weird season that at thee most should be viewed as an assessment and foundation building year.

The other thing is Fournette has a questionable attitude and seems prickly to deal with.

Rivera isn’t interested in adding those types of players.

We just shipped out Williams and Dunbar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.