• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Forget the 1st Round ...

Yeah, Fear nailed it. Sorry I haven't been on to respond.

People have suggested he transition to TE, ala Niles Paul. I don't hate the idea, but 4.42 speed isn't something I want to be using as a blocker.

Claypool was a day 3 prospect up until last week where PFF has him ranked as a 1st round talent. I don't think he goes there, but I do think his stock went way up after that 4.42 40. As that report that Fear The Spear shared, the film did not show a 4.42 guy. That was a big time surprise. He prepped and practiced for it, and was able to show out.... I don't think he makes it out of round 2 anymore. I don't think he goes day 1, because I don't think he's going to be as good against long DBs where quickness, and small space moves, are the most important thing regarding separation... but I do think teams will get intrigued with THAT size matched with that straight line speed. That's the factor that could push teams to move him to TE and continue to add weight.

I'm curious to see how they compensate for not having a 2nd rounder, when we really, really need one.
Both based on need, and the opinion that there is a bit of a dropoff in talent from the 2nd to the 3rd round.
Do we trade down our 1st rounder ?
Do we trade up multiple lower rounders, and/or next year's #1 ?

I'm curious to see how they compensate for not having a 2nd rounder, when we really, really need one.
Both based on need, and the opinion that there is a bit of a dropoff in talent from the 2nd to the 3rd round.
Do we trade down our 1st rounder ?
Do we trade up multiple lower rounders, and/or next year's #1 ?

I am usually against trading away draft capital, but this years 2nd round is STUPID talented. There are going to be some serious steals in that round... I dont know if I want to give up a 1st rounder next year, but if we can find a prudent way to get into the 2nd round, i'd be giddy.

As far as trading down.. If Miami is all hot and bothered for Tua, and we can figure out how to get 39, as part of a pick haul, that no. 39 pick is likely going to be a player with 1st round talent.

edit: Those 3 picks from Miami is likely not enough for me to pull the trigger, I need another pick. I doubt they give us a 1st next year, but if we can add another 2nd (they have 2 this year), I'm having a A HARD time turning that down.

Last edited:
Can't disagree with anything said on here.

TE and LT are the two that REALLY stand out as need to fill.

I think we'll shore up our CB's through FA, I keep hearing both Breeland and Fuller's names mentioned here and there as having a return to the Skin's now.

Our TE depth is woeful really. I'd be happy picking up a talented TE as early as possible and let him grow in the system and establish a chemistry with Haskins. All the TE's we seem to be targeting through FA (or are at least mentioned in conjunction with the Skins) aren't particularly exciting to me. The latest suggestion is that maybe we should sigh Jimmy Graham now that the Pack are letting him walk. I think I quite like our young receiver set and I'd like to see them - and a new young TE - develop with Haskins. At least give it a whirl.

The LT spot, that worries me a little. Do we want a rookie protecting that spot? Or would we be better finding someone in FA? Is there anyone decent to get though?

As for the D, if we did take Chase then we're stacked up front. If Sweat has a breakout year too... So I'm more in favour I think of having a veteran secondary if possible. I'd like to see a CB or two brought in through FA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.