• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Five in a row or we don't go meets let's get seven and arrive in heaven

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The current streak has to remind us all about that march with Gibbs a few years ago when the Redskins suddenly refused to lose and fought tooth and nails. CP was killing it. The defense was ferocious and the passing game did enough to keep teams honest. We strung out five games and then popped a sixth with a playoff victory.

This year is a bit different. Instead of rallying behind the memory of a fallen teammate, we are emerging behind a burgeoning superstar and a tough as nails runner. The defense is fragile, but they have guts. You can see this team and be excited by both the present and the future.

I'm not sure if we can pull off seven straight wins, but the future looks bright. This year, was never supposed to be about victory, but growth. The fact that we have a chance at both is amazing and exciting... but don't lose sight about what we are learning.

Kyle is learning every day what his offense can do better. Griffin is learning every day more about NFL defenses. Morris, Hankerson, Robinson, and our O-Line are learning every day that they belong and learning how to compliment one another. The team is learning to be a team. And yet, waiting in the wings, we have great players who should make this team markedly better next year. Imagine this team with a real pass rush and the strength that Carriker brings?

I'll end on a little bit of gray. After five in a row, the team was exhausted mentally and physically. They spent everything they had in the march to get to the playoffs and just fell apart. You can say that we were a Carlos Rogers dropped interception away from beating the Seahawks, but we were also a depleted team.

I want to squeeze every bit of excitement out of this year as possible and if we can make that march I'll be as hoarse as anyone, but even so... whatever we do this year has made me really excited about next year... which is different than the last time because the last march was lead by vets... this one is being led by pups.

I think we can win 4 more in a row, sure. I will say that if we get to the paloffs, NO ONE wants to play us. NO ONE. We are team that other franchises fear in the playoffs. Particularly after the 2nd half drive last week. We can beat teams in any conceivable way at this point, and if we make the playoffs, I say we will make some noise.

Yup... the defense was awesome that day... the O as George Takei would say "Oh my!"

Burg, I think you are mixing the 05 and 07 seasons in your head, not that that isn't easy to do. We had to go on winning streaks both years to get it done but we lost our first round game after Taylor's death in 07. We won our first round game in Tampa in 05 then lost to Seattle in the game Rogers dropped the Pick 6. And it was the 07 team that was out of gas. The 05 team was playing pretty well, even in the playoffs, and had we gotten the INT along with a couple of holding calls on Locklear that somehow got missed, that team would have been playing in Carolina the next week.

You may be right... not quite a John Belushi moment (although the Redskins need to persevere because we didn't quit after the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor), but I may be blending those two playoff drives.

I think the point or the poetry still works though :)

Screw the 7 game winning streak, I want us to go on an 11 game streak and be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy when it is all said and done!

Good stuff Burgold, absolutely feel the 5 in a row vibe type atmosphere. As for myself i feel like if we can whoop those vultures this weekend then all that playoff type emotion's gonna come rushing back to me. This game is HUGE in taking that next step.

This young team
They won 7
They won for Sean Taylor up in heaven
with a read option run attack ram the ball home
this 'skin team keeps rolling on!

Okay guys, six and we're still in the mix.

This redskin team is full of fire
RG3 is definitely the shiz
NFC east teams stand back and admire
Cause our QB will soon be best in the biz

Love what these guys can do
Good play and we'll win six
Inspite of capgate they're a tight crew
Goodell and Mara still suck........eggs

Not as good as China's but gave it a go

As Han Solo said in Star Wars...

Yee Haw!

We got six, so we're in the mix... Can we actually get seven and make it Heaven?

If we get eight, I may ......errr.....celebrate!

Speaking of eight...

The eight o'clock hour has arrived. Time for some football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.