• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fishing for Tips....on Fishing

Ya think? I take them honey every summer (and used to take them produce when I had a big backyard garden). Never once have they done anything for us. And these are devout 'Christians'. I don't keep score. I still do nice things for them. But they don't deserve it.

Anyway - kayaks! Canoes!

About 20 years ago the wife and I went on a canoe float in Missouri. Basically the campground provided the canoes and would bus you back from the end about 10 miles away. Those canoes were definitely NOT comfortable, basically sat on a support rail.

Didn’t matter a whole lot then being in my 20’s but couldn’t repeat it nowadays. Was extremely fun back then though!

I had a aluminum John boat. Bought it brand new. Took it out a number of times but could never get my kids into fishing. My neighbor has young kids he and his wife homeschool, so I told him he could have it and the trailer and electric motor and gear, on the condition he used it with his kids. Other than go to church and stay at home, those kids have no life. 6 mos. later he sold it and all the gear I gave him.

He's dead to me now.
Things like this are why I'm not a people person. People are just too.....people for me. Give me a bunch of dogs and somewhere to fish and have a vegetable garden and I'm happy.

About 20 years ago the wife and I went on a canoe float in Missouri. Basically the campground provided the canoes and would bus you back from the end about 10 miles away. Those canoes were definitely NOT comfortable, basically sat on a support rail.

Didn’t matter a whole lot then being in my 20’s but couldn’t repeat it nowadays. Was extremely fun back then though!
Oh I Had my canoe equipped with a cushioned seat and a back rest...it was so stable, I would stand on the gunwales on long stretches of river using it like a paddle board so I could stretch my legs and back.

Every year from 2001-2011 my friend Tony organized our annual float trip from Paw Paw, WV to our campsite just outside Hancock, MD. It was 41 river miles...the duration of the trip depended upon the water level. The lower the water level, the slower the we traveled. It could be 5 days. the quickest was 3 days.

Anyway, after 3-5 days in the canoe, I'd be sore. But any time I'd do a day trip, I was fine. That canoe was extremely comfortable.

Things like this are why I'm not a people person. People are just too.....people for me. Give me a bunch of dogs and somewhere to fish and have a vegetable garden and I'm happy.
I hate having similar sentiments, but I'll confess I'm closer to that than not.

I actually have an all day flyfishing canoe trip with my brother schedule for 3 weekends from now near Asheville, NC. We'll see how that goes.

Ya think? I take them honey every summer (and used to take them produce when I had a big backyard garden). Never once have they done anything for us. And these are devout 'Christians'. I don't keep score. I still do nice things for them. But they don't deserve it.

Anyway - kayaks! Canoes!

You’re absolutely correct in not keeping score, but I can tell you based on your description that they’re NOT devout Christians. Not trying to derail the thread or anything but selfishness is most certainly not a trait among Christians.

Hope you and your brother have a great time on the float. Take some pics and enjoy the ride.

They think they're devout. But yeah, I try and take the high road. I'll definitely come back here with some trout photos :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.