• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fisher Says No Interest in Trade for Big Al

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b7617b/article/redskins-didnt-want-to-trade-haynesworth-titans-fisher-says?module=HP_headlines

This morning I saw a report by Jason LaConfora that the Redskins "could be" dropping their asking price for Big Al and that Tennessee was "most likely" to make the move.

In this link, Fisher contradicts any such claim. The worst part of the claim LaConfora does not give any source, or even link his claim to an anonymous source. Then, when the deadline passed, LaConfora was on the NFL Network with a shocked look on his face like there was substance to his assertions (Pretty much the look he had on draft day when he got nearly every pick he made wrong).

I'll tell you, the quality of sports journalism just keeps spiraling downward. Would George Michaels ever do something like this?

Haynesworth won't be traded, not because the Redskins aren't willing, but because he has no value. A high contract, a difficult to coach personality, and not having shown anything on the field this season makes his value next to nothing. Too bad, if he had value at least the Redskins might be able to bolster their draft picks. I guess it is not meant to be.

Jason LaConfora ...these two words are all you need to know the report was bogus. Just think back on his days at the Washington Post.

JLa...maybe the the most reviled sports Columnist in DC sports history...man what a hack. That's on a staff that employed Nunyo Demasio at one point...remember him?

Haynesworth won't be traded, not because the Redskins aren't willing, but because he has no value. A high contract, a difficult to coach personality, and not having shown anything on the field this season makes his value next to nothing. Too bad, if he had value at least the Redskins might be able to bolster their draft picks. I guess it is not meant to be.

He has been a beast in the games he's been given an opportunity in - he's one of the main reasons we beat Philthy.

I don't think Shanahan ever seriously considered trading Albert - its very rare to see a guy of his caliber get traded, unless the problems he are causing are monumental (see Owens, Terrell). And even then, trading is rare - more likely they are released or sent home to watch on a big screen TV. I think the decision to sit Albert against the Colts was not to keep him healthy in case someone wanted to trade for him, but rather a signal that he wasn't trading him. What better way to pique interest for a guy than to have him dominate a preseason Super Bowl contender? And don't be fooled - he very well may have tipped the scales in our favor against the Colts (pun completely intended) had he been in there.

I think we will see Fatty back out there this week against the Bears, and he's going to have his best game as a Redskin (sorry to steal the thunder from whoever is Blognosticating this week). I'm thinking 2-3 sacks, and 3-4 tackles for a loss. This Bears' OL is pretty dang terrible, and a guy like Haynesworth will eat their lunch.

I think we will see Fatty back out there this week against the Bears, and he's going to have his best game as a Redskin (sorry to steal the thunder from whoever is Blognosticating this week). I'm thinking 2-3 sacks, and 3-4 tackles for a loss. This Bears' OL is pretty dang terrible, and a guy like Haynesworth will eat their lunch.

Well, I was off by a little, but he definitely had his best game as a Redskin. 1 sack, and 2 tackles for a loss, and just all-around dominant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.