• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Examiner: Handicapping Our Playoff Chances

Everyone says the Giants sked is brutal, but I just don't see it. ATL is no where near as good as their record indicates, IMO. Philly will be tough, but mainly because it's a divisional game. Ravens at home will be tough, probably the one game they lose, and that won't hurt them with tiebreakers at all.

I think the fact that CHI is falling apart bodes much better for our chances than anyone else on that list. If I were a betting man, I would put money on NY, SEA and WAS making the playoffs.

The fun part could be that if Dallas continues to win, that final game of the season with us might be for all the playoff marbles.

Everyone says the Giants sked is brutal, but I just don't see it. ATL is no where near as good as their record indicates, IMO. Philly will be tough, but mainly because it's a divisional game. Ravens at home will be tough, probably the one game they lose, and that won't hurt them with tiebreakers at all.

I think the fact that CHI is falling apart bodes much better for our chances than anyone else on that list. If I were a betting man, I would put money on NY, SEA and WAS making the playoffs.

The fun part could be that if Dallas continues to win, that final game of the season with us might be for all the playoff marbles.

if they lose 1 game and we win out... we win the division based on tiebreakers.. we split with them and would be 5-1 in the division

Everyone says the Giants sked is brutal, but I just don't see it. ATL is no where near as good as their record indicates, IMO.
The bigger concern was that they'd have #1 seed locked up before their matchup, meaning they have no reason to play.

At this point they don't. Hopefully things break right next week. I haven't been following ATL - are they just not playing well? Injuries?

The bigger concern was that they'd have #1 seed locked up before their matchup, meaning they have no reason to play.

At this point they don't. Hopefully things break right next week. I haven't been following ATL - are they just not playing well? Injuries?

They just don't scare anybody. They keep rolling with Turner even though Rodgers gives them a better running game, imo. Their D was completely confused against Cam yesterday. And they ALWAYS choke in the playoffs.

The Giants seem to play the "Nobody believes in us" card better than anybody in the league right now. So ****ing tired of them. Yeah, no one believes in you because you won the effing SB last year. STFU with that ****. After a dominating performance against the Saints, not sure they can muster that up again. But who the hell knows?

browns are favored by 6.5, 7 in some places.

incoming screams about how no one respects us.

browns are favored by 6.5, 7 in some places.

incoming screams about how no one respects us.

on a monday... that's them trying to even out the bets... it'll come in towards the middle by thursday.. if it doesn't i'll be blown away.

on a monday... that's them trying to even out the bets... it'll come in towards the middle by thursday.. if it doesn't i'll be blown away.

oh, yeah I understand how it works. although, last time we had this conversation people called me dumb for saying what you're saying, so I'll leave it at that.

the 3 pm presser may change it, depending on what the news is.

personally, I don't think the browns are nearly as bad as everyone else seems to. their record doesn't reflect the quality of the team in my opinion.

oh, yeah I understand how it works. although, last time we had this conversation people called me dumb for saying what you're saying, so I'll leave it at that.

the 3 pm presser may change it, depending on what the news is.

personally, I don't think the browns are nearly as bad as everyone else seems to. their record doesn't reflect the quality of the team in my opinion.

well it's way too early in the week for that to stay there.. and if you got hammered then lol to them :hammer::hammer:

i'm sure we wont have any clue what is going to happen til about 11:45 on sunday, and see how Griffin is doing the day of the game... til then it's a crap shoot.

i'm sure we wont have any clue what is going to happen til about 11:45 on sunday, and see how Griffin is doing the day of the game... til then it's a crap shoot.

sounds like you're right. the reporters tried hard in the presser, but all shanahan would say is lcl grade 1 sprain

i'm happy he's using things to his advantage but DAMNIT I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH

sounds like you're right. the reporters tried hard in the presser, but all shanahan would say is lcl grade 1 sprain

i'm happy he's using things to his advantage but DAMNIT I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH

Take heart, so do the Browns. :D

well it's way too early in the week for that to stay there.. and if you got hammered then lol to them :hammer::hammer:

Complete misrepresentation of the argument last time, but that's neither here nor there. Yes, the spread will likely change a bit, but not a ton. Unless Shanahan says for sure he is playing.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Well, I don't think Vegas thinks we're as good as we think we are, and I don't think Vegas thinks the Browns are as bad we think they are.

What do they say? 3.5 points just for being at home? Thats half of it. I think the Redskins are the better team, but I'm also a homer and I decided a long time ago I have no business betting on Redskins games :)

No point spread had been posted for the game yet. Before our last game ended, you could have taken the Skins -2.

Well, I don't think Vegas thinks we're as good as we think we are, and I don't think Vegas thinks the Browns are as bad we think they are.

What do they say? 3.5 points just for being at home? Thats half of it. I think the Redskins are the better team, but I'm also a homer and I decided a long time ago I have no business betting on Redskins games :)

the rule of thumb is 3 points for the home team off the break. They probably throw in there that as of right now, Cousins was our last QB to be playing in a game situation... Shanny is smoke and mirrors with all this too, so they're probably going to leave it out there a bit, hoping that people jump all over the Redskins, and Griffin doesn't play

No point spread had been posted for the game yet. Before our last game ended, you could have taken the Skins -2.

i've heard multiple reports saying Vegas is setting early odds at Browns +7.... th Sports Junkies had the same information, and a few of those guys throw some serious cash around betting on sports, so they're pretty connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.