• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Sources: McNabb Contract Talks to Resume Soon

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Donovan McNabb's agent, Fletcher Smith, is flying from Chicago to Washington not just to attend Monday night's Washington Redskins-Philadelphia Eagles game, but also to continue ongoing contract talks for his client.

Smith and the Redskins will meet Monday in what will be their fourth face-to-face meeting in trying to procure an extension for McNabb, who will turn 34 later this month, sources said. The two sides previously met in Philadelphia before the Redskins played the Eagles last month, and twice in Chicago.

The two sides are further discussing a four-year extension.

Neither side is sure whether a deal will be consummated Monday, but one person in the McNabb camp said: "I'm not opposed to getting something done soon. I'd love to get something done soon."

More Here

Wonder if this means CBA talks have heated up... ?

That’s interesting. With all of the speculation the past couple of weeks regarding the relationship between McNabb and Shanahan(s) perhaps the reports of a major rift have been exaggerated.

On the cynical side it’s also possible that management realizes that if we can’t find a way to fit McNabb into the scheme in some way shape or form that we’re screwed for the next couple of seasons.

I can't help but think talks of a deal being worked out between the Redskins and McNabb during the season before a CBA is worked out may mean a possible trade scenario at the end of the year. Why wouldn't they wait til everything is figured out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.