• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Lance Armstrong May Confess

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
AUSTIN, Texas -- Lance Armstrong, who has strongly denied the doping charges that led to him being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, has told associates he is considering admitting to the use of performance-enhancing drugs, The New York Times reported Friday.

The report cited anonymous sources and said Armstrong was considering a confession to help restore his athletic career in triathlons and running events at age 41. Armstrong has been banned for life from competing in sporting events governed by the World Anti-Doping Agency code.

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance...ly-admitting-used-performance-enhancing-drugs

"was considering a confession to help restore his athletic career in triathlons and running events at age 41."

I really appreciate everything that he has done to raise money for cancer. I've always felt that was the most important thing.

But his reason for confessing, if true, is pretty pathetic. So now he's going to turn on others so he can compete in triathlons?

This guy might be the most narcissistic asshole on the planet.

Last edited:
Lance Armstrong is a bully and a scumbag. I'm sure this "confession" has some monetary value to him. It will be interesting to see how Oprah handles the interview.

Basically, none of this would have ever come out if he was a decent human being in the first place. Everybody was doing it and the guys who got caught fell off along the wayside. It was the way he treated people that got him caught so **** him.

I'm really sick of hearing about it already Oprah has Lebron'd it all up so its all we'll hear about for weeks now.

Macafee virus protection software has helped some people too.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Why should we care about anything Armstrong has to say? Why do we take the time out of our lives to watch such drivel? Why did I waste my time writing this reply?

Basically, none of this would have ever come out if he was a decent human being in the first place. Everybody was doing it and the guys who got caught fell off along the wayside. It was the way he treated people that got him caught so **** him.

I'm really sick of hearing about it already Oprah has Lebron'd it all up so its all we'll hear about for weeks now.

This. The more I hear about him as a person, the more it sickens me. He is, from all accounts, a vile human being. He has done some good, certainly, but on a personal level, he is trash.

Gotta agree with DM & Goaldie. If you're a good person, most of the time people won't spend their entire lives trying to screw you over. Lance was not a good person by most accounts; this is why there are those out there who have never stopped trying to prove these doping allegations.

Its a good thing he did all the charity work & raised all the money he did - without that, he'd be pretty unredeemable as a human being.

You know the worst part about all of this? That at this point most people don't even give a **** that the dude cheated his way to the top because in the process of covering up his actions he constantly denied any wrongdoing and crucified anyone who accused him of as much, and he was extremely cocky about it all. A cheat is one thing, being a liar and a fraud for so long is where I lose any respect.

You know the worst part about all of this? That at this point most people don't even give a **** that the dude cheated his way to the top because in the process of covering up his actions he constantly denied any wrongdoing and crucified anyone who accused him of as much, and he was extremely cocky about it all. A cheat is one thing, being a liar and a fraud for so long is where I lose any respect.

Yeah, he definitely burned a lot of people on his way up.

Yes. I feel doubly duped, because I defended the guy for so long because of his vociferous denials. But when I started to read about the crap this guy pulled to defend his name, that shouldn't have been defended because he did actually cheat, I lost all respect for him.

His charity is awesome, bad people can absolutely do good things. Livestrong is something to be admired and respected; but Lance Armstrong is a cheat and a pretty vile human being as well.

I will admit not having knowledge about this, but I'm going to assume that Lance Armstrong was mostly just a face/name for his foundation. I assume that any of the real work behind the scenes was done by many more people than just him.

I think that's true Ren, but I don't mind giving credit to him, since without his name and stature, they wouldn't have been able, presumably, to raise nearly as much money. And yes, I realize that his name and stature are fraudulent, but the fact remains that they were able to trade off that and raise millions and million of dollars for cancer research, which I think is terrific.

Bad people do good things from time to time.

McAfee? ****, if thats your argument it isnt even worth speaking to you about it.

Bad people do good things from time to time.
^^^^^^
Mike that's your answer. There is no way anyone should look at Livestrong and just disregard Lance Armstrong the Athlete/Human Being completely. They were both born from the same person. If he would have used some of the good will he had for Livestrong with some of his teammates, employees, etc, he may not be in this mess.

I never said anything bad about livestrong, but just referencing it by itself as an argument of some sorts makes about as much sense as defending Macafee.

So you're OK with whatever anyone does as long as they raise money for cancer?

Best two words to describe Armstrong: narcissistic sociopath. He made a lot of good people's lives miserable.

cheating at sports is totally different than what you are acting like he's done. Nobody died, and people who donated gave because they care. His tour wins might have had something to do with how the foundation started but its beyond that.

Again, you are wrong. I never once complained about his "cheating at sports." What about all the other lives he effected negatively? Are we too ignore all the stories from the teammates, trainers, employees, soigneurs and anyone else that might have gained knowledge of the fraud? What about the tactics that were taken to deny them work in the industry? Again, I didn't bring up the foundation... you chose to bring up the foundation and ignore all of the other findings of the past several years? He was a bad guy, a bully a person who thought his agenda was all that mattered... Wait a minute? Err.. LOL

I'm not acting like he did anything. I'm going on the books, interviews and reports in the media that make him out to be of poor character. Are we to ignore that because he started a foundation?

Anybody can start a foundation. His got big because his was a great story and a he was a "good guy." Well maybe he wasn't such a good guy and maybe people shouldn't give him a pass on the ****ty things he did to people when the cameras were off.

Maybe the old Nazis in hiding should start foundations? Then they could come out of hiding because hey its cool, we raised some money for cleft pallets? How about the clan? The could start a foundation for sickle cell!? That would be awesome!!!

See you wanna take a stupid comment of mine and harp on it ignoring the rest of the story so hell - I gave you a few more.

:ciao:

And you like to stir **** up anytime someone disagrees with you. We all have our faults.

Meh, i think a much larger % of athletes are "using", just aren't getting caught.

As far the sport of professional cycle racing goes, i can't understand how this could be followed with any serious interest. To me it's as useless as tits on a nun.

Edit: I'm in no way knocking those who do like it, i just can't understand the fascination is all.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.