• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN.com: Doomed, desperate, dominant in the NFL

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colu...i_gene&page=wojciechowski/100923&sportCat=nfl

Doomed, desperate, dominant in the NFL

The Doomed

Cowboys -- Deader than Don Draper's secretary. Team Disarray won't be playing a Super Bowl in its home stadium this coming February. Wade Phillips rules with a Jell-O fist, his team had as many rushing first downs as penalties last week (six) and an 0-3 start is a distinct possibility, what with Sunday's road game against unbeaten Houston. The only good news for JerryWorld: Since 1990, 22 teams have started 0-2 and still reached the playoffs. Three of the 22 won a Super Bowl.

The Desperate

Giants -- Antrel Rolle, who's been a Giant for about 20 minutes, is already popping off about the stifling, control-freak nature of coach Tom Coughlin. Coughlin's no-nonsense rule is a surprise how? Rolle is chirping. Brandon Jacobs is heaving helmets. And the Titans' Chris Johnson comes to town Sunday.

Eagles -- Crash Davis said it best in "Bull Durham": Never mess with a streak. Michael Vick is looking good these days, so why not ride the streak into Jacksonville? Andy Reid's job is to win games, not put a smiley face on former starter Kevin Kolb. That said, QB controversies are never a good thing.

The Dominant

Redskins -- Yeah, I know. They just blew a fourth-quarter lead at home and the running game is on a skim milk carton. So maybe dominant isn't the right word. But the more I see of the Cowboys, the Giants and Donovan McNabb, the more I like the Redskins' chances to win the division or get a wild-card spot.

More at the above link.

Just for having Dallas listed as desperate and basically DOA........

I'll blog that! :)

Their coach, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, is losing control of his team and the supposed Genius in waiting,Garrett, can't figure out that his offense should be a run first unit with a passing game that works off of play action.

Won't it be joyous to see, with about 7 minutes left to go in the fourth quarter today, Jerry Jones walking up and down the sidelines, clapping his hands, pumping his fist and generally trying to rally the team as they face 0-3??

I know I'll be popping another top about the time he makes his appearance. :)

If I'm dreaming that ESPN would feature a column that writes off the Cowboys while offering high praise for the Skins, please, please don't wake me up. :laugh:

Not complaining at all, but that's mighty generous. Who wrote that? :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Whoops, the Redskins were supposed to go in the Doomed category.

I remember when I posted this article oh so long ago. Memories. At least we have the memories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.