• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eric Bienemy

I gave up on the presser feed after about 15 minutes. Did they ever ask him his thoughts on Sam Howell or if he’d be making a lot of assistant changes?

Two nits to pick.

Does Boone think talking about yourself in the 3rd person is weird? Yes - yes, he does.

And I’m not sure I can take a whole year of him adding ‘…okay?’ to the end of every statement like Rivera does.

Otherwise, Boone likes what he hears… okay?

Two nits to pick.

Does Boone think talking about yourself in the 3rd person is weird? Yes - yes, he does.

And I’m not sure I can take a whole year of him adding ‘…okay?’ to the end of every statement like Rivera does.

Otherwise, Boone likes what he hears… okay?

The IT department has a plan for that.

Bieniemy's press conference was about what I expected it to be. I liked what he had to say about building relationships. I think that jives with the overall vibe Rivera has created in Washington thus far. Players/kids are built differently these days. These need to feel valued, they need to know you think they are important on a human level as a man. When you establish that as a coach, I think only good can come of it.

What I will say is I wasn't crazy about Bieniemy's response in regards to the question about what he wants to communicate to Washington fans. He said something along the lines of be patient. I am not sure that flies anymore with this fan base. Bieniemy acknowledged it himself - he is really excited about the offensive clay he has to work with and mould, and sees that they have an enormous amount of offensive potential. When you combine that with EB's pedigree, it's pretty hard to not expect improvement fairly quickly in 2024. Am I wrong in my expectations?

No idea whether or not his speaking style will affect the on-field product, but one thing that became clear after about 10 minutes is the man could easily pen a tome ... Bienemy's Big Bold Book of Ballin' Bromides.

Man.

Thanks for sharing that! I thought the questions at the presser were really bad. Much better questions here….

And Paul, I agree, the bar for offensive ‘success’ couldn’t be much lower so YEAH I expect improvement, a good bit of it and right away.

Lazy copy & paste-

It will be interesting for me to see the progression of the offense as the season plays out. With the introduction of a new system and the expected growing pains associated with a young, inexperienced QB, I would anticipate seeing incremental improvement as the year rolls on. Better in December than in September. Which would be a refreshing change from slow start to mid-season semi-competence to late-season implosion.

This is going to take a healthy dose of patience on the part of the fanbase. Not something that it is particularly known for.

I don't know. I'm still a fan after the last 30 years. That seems like I've been kinda patient, yes?

Yes, but patient madness. :D

I f**king love Terry. I hope he retires here, but I fear if we don't improve he'll be gone at some point. Great player, greater man.

AS for this year...Like Neo, I've been a fan for 30+years. Patience is now inbuilt. LOL What's one more year? I just want to see improvement. PLEASE let us see improvement. Treading water is infuriating.
I do think we're a better team, and due to Ron's influence, a more competent and professional team on the field. The boat is stable now and not taking on water any more.
NOW is the time I want to see us start chugging forward toward a destination, rather than listing in circles.

2023 NEEDS to be that year. Ron may have been a steady rudder for the team, but now we need a steady hand on the offensive wheel...so to speak.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I f**king love Terry. I hope he retires here, but I fear if we don't improve he'll be gone at some point. Great player, greater man.

Terry signed an extension while the team was in the midst of a federal investigation, we were going into the season with Carson Wentz as the slated starter, and we had just missed the playoffs due to losing 4 of our final 5 games to fall to 7-10 after having clawed our way up to 6-6.

Yes I know that's not 'that' bad on the field, but he very easily could have stuck out last year and waited it out to get to free agency.... and honestly NOBODY would have had any reason to blame him. I think his heart is with this team for whatever reason (obviously that could change), and things to go really bad to change that... but the team was not in a good place when he signed his extension once...

I think to a degree, Terry flies under the radar a little across the league due to the fact he plays on Washington. I think this years people really began to stop sleeping on him, and at some point we may have fight on our hands to keep him. But you're right, I think he's a player with a huge amount of loyalty in him. Like Kerrigan, I think if you asked him he'd probably say he'd love to stay here and I'd believe him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.