• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eric Bienemy

So what does the Assistant Head Coach title get you outside maybe more money? What are the additional responsibilities?

Given the racial make up of our team, I wonder how big a 'plus' it is to have an African American coach at this level? Just something I'm curious about - how those players view it or is even a 'thing', or is a coach a coach and it's not a factor at all?

There's a really good argument as to why this isn't a lateral move.

Bienemy gets to assemble his staff.
He gets to call plays.
He looks to have autonomy on the offensive side.
So, it's not assistant head coach in name.

The first 3 are standard OC duties. I suspect we'll hear more about what his other 'Assistant Head Coach' duties will be at the Thursday presser, as well as find out the fate of the current coaching staff. Guessing that's why they are waiting until Thursday to put him in front of the press? You are right burgold, at least in terms of what he was doing in KC, this is a massive expansion of authority (assuming Rivera does actually follow through with letting him run the offense 100% without interference).

Do OC’s typically get to choose their assistant coaches? I thought generally that was under the purview of the HC?

I think when an OC comes in, they may not have carte blanche in making assistant coaching decisions (and we don't know if EB will at this point) but I would think that generally they bring in the guys they want to be assistants. So maybe a qualified yes? May depend on the experience level of the OC. It's a good question I can't claim to know the answer to.

OCs maybe, maybe not.

Assistant Head Coaches though? I’m guessing yes in this particular case.

So, McCoy's experience was one season with him 3-4 years ago, correct? I think those are slightly concerning comments, but he also may not have the most up to date information.

Feels like it’s a personal issue to me. McCoy is definitely not ‘rooting for him’ :ROFLMAO:

I posted that because of Mathieu’s response. McCoy certainly appears to have a personal axe to grind. Probably due to his being benched for continual fumbling issues during KC’s previous Super Bowl season.

I felt the burn…

Shoes starting to drop…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.