• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Enlightenment : Blocked field goal

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I have to admit, after watching the play too many times, I wasn't sure who or why the end had a free run at the kicker. Sure, it's pretty obvious Davis is there, but did somebody else miss an assignment causing Davis to go for the inside rusher ?

At least I understand now :kick_can:

"The wing is responsible for two gaps in the field-goal protection," Cooley began. "The inside gap he protects with a stab with his inside arm, and he interlocks legs with the [adjoining] end. So he sets up at a little bit of an angle, and his first step is to interlock legs with the end, which stops someone jumping through that gap. (They'll try to jump through that gap, which also sucks, because their knee rams into my thigh every single time.)

How to block two guys on a field goal

that was my take also...when I saw it during the game you could see Davis had to make a decision between the inside and outside rusher. he kinda hesitated. in those situations, it is my understanding you always take the inside guy. as it turned out...it was the outside guy who blocked the kick.

I thought it was pretty cool how Cooley explained it, and how blocks don't happen more often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.