• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dwayne Haskins 2018 Ohio State Game Films

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Watch and assess for yourself:

The thing is if our defense gels early and Oconnol (sp) gets that running game chugging then Haskins won't even need to do 1/2 of his highlight reels. Basically, stay healthy and not suck

The thing is if our defense gels early and Oconnol (sp) gets that running game chugging then Haskins won't even need to do 1/2 of his highlight reels. Basically, stay healthy and not suck

Will O'Connell actually call the plays ?
Because when Cavanaugh had the title of OC, he didn't actually call the plays, IIRC.

I sure hope so, never been a fan of Jay's play calling. Honestly hope he does step back and let the coordinators do their job while he oversees everything & just keeps it all on track. Just my humble opinion but the good head coaches aren't calling their own plays.

Reportedly his Passer Rating literally dropped practically in half, on plays when he was pressured.
Did you see any evidence of that on film ?

No - not really. The ball is out of his hands so quickly he rarely WAS pressured. That could change at the NFL level but he really is so decisive with the ball it's going to be tough to put big pressure on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing too exciting just Camp footage from yesterday. One thing you can see is the chemistry Haskins and Mclauren have with each other already.

Whoever 26 and 35 are out there, it might as well have been me defending those McLaurin.

Whoever 26 and 35 are out there, it might as well have been me defending those McLaurin.

Likely, players who were even "lower" than UDFA signees....guys who were tryouts and not signed, and may potentially never see another NFL practice again.

Then again, let's face it, last year we saw Jay in practice defending passes, didn't we ?

Reportedly his Passer Rating literally dropped practically in half, on plays when he was pressured.
Did you see any evidence of that on film ?

No doubt a legit question ... of any young QB.

I see in Haskins a legit, no-question NFL arm, decent pocket presence, very quick release, and by all accounts, solid football IQ. Wrap that up in a big body, reportedly solid leadership skills and work habits, and you have a guy who has "the tools."

So to me the question becomes what about the other stuff---stuff we won't know until he plays real games. Will the NFL game be too fast for him? Will he have the smarts to adapt to NFL defensive coordinators who WILL force him to show he can beat good schemes with better execution? How will he hold up under pressure, late in close games, when he's been getting hit all afternoon, the ball is wet and cold, the road crowd is calling him mean names at 102 decibels, and some fat **** of a DT rolled up on his lead ankle and then farted in his face on the last play?

You know what they say ... no pressure, no diamonds.

oh no he di'ent!

How will he hold up under pressure, late in close games, when he's been getting hit all afternoon, the ball is wet and cold, the road crowd is calling him mean names at 102 decibels, and some fat **** of a DT rolled up on his lead ankle and then farted in his face on the last play?

Thank you. That was quite an entertaining and intense visual.
Like NFL Films. Made me feel like the season already started.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.