• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft Night - First Round Virtual Tailgate - Thursday

Hey there Skins fans! Hope this finds you doing well and holding your sanity together!

This Thursday is the First Round of the annual NFL Draft and, just in case you have been over quarantining and not paying attention, the Redskins have the #2 overall pick this year. I know there are a lot of places you could be for this...er...okay, there aren't a lot of places you could be. Not this year. So we, the management at BGO, thought we might help you out in these trying times and give you an option.

A Virtual Tailgate!

If you are anything like me, you have discovered the power of the virtual happy hour and the virtual family reunion in the last few weeks. To that end, instead of getting together in a cold parking lot we will get together online, have a cold one or more than one, eat our own food, and through the power of webcams and the interwebz, we will all hang out together and watch our team build the foundations of our next dynasty! Or at least pick a guy that some of us love, some of us scratch our heads over, and some of us laugh at. Cause that is what REAL fans do!

The draft starts at 8pm Eastern. The first (annual?) BGO virtual draft tailgate will officially start at 7:30pm. I will add details about the platform to be used right here in this post in the next 24 hours or so, and sometime late afternoon on Thursday I will add a link to our virtual tailgate. I will also probably open the virtual "room" up a bit early to allow for ironing out the kinks if guys have issues.

So check back to this post often for all the details, start planning your menu now, and try to figure out how you are going to fix that Grizzly Adams thing you have going on so you look sorta respectable. Or not.

See you Thursday!

EDIT - we will be using Jitsi for this event. It is a free, open-source video-conferencing service that uses your browser without downloading anything. I have created a custom link for the draft tailgate that I will post here Thursday afternoon. When using it in Chrome, it will ask if you want to add an extension when you first enter the conference. The extension is for integration with Google or O365 so decline it as it isn't necessary for what we are doing. I have not tested with other browsers but I assume something similar may happen with them as well. Also, note that your camera will be on by default when you enter the conference so be prepared to be seen.

Click here to join >> BGO Draft Night Virtual Tailgate!

Last edited:
Do I have to shave anything to participate ?

wait, why am I the one giving a gift? She's the one thats wrong here.

Umm, they're never wrong. Even when they are.

Of course, you could always go caveman, "Bitch, you better get the **** outta my face with that shit!"

Just let us know which hospital you're in. So we can send flowers.

No chance in hell I do that...

Still not admitting I'm wrong though.

Reactions: Ax
This sounds so much more appealing than Wale.
Redskins' fans will be Waling tonight when Tua is announced as our 1st pick, Haskins is traded for a 2nd, and Trent is named the starting LT going into next season.
|

Hope lots of you all join us this evening. Neo will be putting up log-in instructions before long.

Link added at the bottom of the thread OP!

I will fire up the room before 7:30 Eastern. I hope I see you guys there tonight!

I just hope someone gives us the world for that 2 spot. That's my top choice. If not, I'm gonna throw up if we draft Tua. Now if we are given a boatload of picks, but still end up with Chase or Tua somehow, that's the stuff dreams are made of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.