• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft 2012 Comparisons - Continuing/Ongoing

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
Draft 2012 Comparisons - Continuing/Ongoing

During the 2011 draft, the Redskins traded down in the first round and was able to turn that pick into additional players. Comparisons were made and it looks like a very favorable trade for the Redskins. You can read the details in this thread:

http://bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=30280

Well, turn-about is fair play and we will do the same in 2012. The Redskins traded in the first round for Robert Griffin, III and the Rams were able to take that trade and acquire four players - Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, and Rokevious Watkins.

Throughout the 2012 season, this thread will keep track of the players and have comparisons. As we did with the 2011 thread, we will see who got the better end of the deal in year one.

I remember that thread, so was there a general consensus of opinion on how the dealings panned out? (other than Ryman doing his thing :paranoid:)
I see Henne is in the fold for the Jags to "help" Gabbert, potential bust or not?

Skins upped the ante considerably for Griff, hope for better returns, eh?

I loved this thread idea the first time around, and I still do :) It gives perspective and facts in regards to what the impact of trading those picks might have been. It's not perfect, because we'd likely have drafted an entirely different group of players. But it is worth looking at.

Just think of the fallout if the Redskins had moved to take Gabbert last year and he showed he might be a bust.

Fans would be jumping off the roof.

Heck, some are already doing that because we didn't draft Massie or Miller!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I love how I am now the bench mark for negativity even though I turned out to be correct in my negativity for the majority of what I predicted. anyway, I would say last years draft was solid, this year we will get at least one starter and hopefully 2-3 by years end, but the olinemen we drafted, only compton looks like he is legit and even he had some serious question marks lol

Ry, plenty of us have been just as accurate in our predictions, and yet don't look at them in as negative a light as you do.

No one has said you're not a smart guy, but you are the benchmark for negativity on this board because you are the most negative poster on this board. It's that simple.

Frankly, I'm glad, because if you weren't around it would probably be me. :)

Last edited:
I think most here actually appreciate a little skepticism. You do sound like Eeyore occasionally. Then again, some of us sound like Christopher Robin too. :)

One day soon, we'll be arguing about whether this team is just good - or great. Can't wait for that!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.