• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Don Banks on Alfred Morris in this Week's SI Power Rankings

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Don Banks said:
I was at the Redskins' first day of training camp this year, and had someone tell me to keep an eye on rookie running back Alfred Morris, because he was in the backfield mix along with Tim Hightower, Roy Helu and Evan Royster. He's in the mix all right. He's got back-to-back 100-yard rushing games, and according to the Washington Post, he and Eric Dickerson are the only two rookie runners in NFL history to rush for at least 75 yards in each of their first five games. He's averaging 4.9 yards per carry and has yet to fumble. Other than that, he's nothing special.

Read More

Rare air, my friends. Rare air indeed.

So much for all of the talk that Royster was better and would replace Morris as soon as was healthy.

Royster is comfortably sitting on the bench.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Of Royster and Helu, I think Helu has the bigger upside if he can stay healthy. Of the three backs, he is the only way with the speed to be a consistent homerun threat.

Having said that, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't have Morris' every down violence or ability to deal with the first defender. He is a great change of pace but unless we seriously upgrade the line so he can get back to the LOS unmolested consistently, he won't make the yards Morris will. He certainly won't punish the defense like Morris does.

I picked him up in my Fantasy Football league the day before the season started. One of the best moves I ever made.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.