• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Don Banks Likes Our FA Moves - Sign of the Apocalypse?

The great media machine takes at least a full year to react to team trends....and while that's frustrating to fans of said teams, it's probably not unfair. One good "normal" offseason like last year can just as easily prove to be a blip as it does the start of a pattern. The Redskins have a lot of inertia heading in the wrong direction to make up for.

The good news, I guess, is that if we manage to string TWO decent offseasons together, and even (gasp) show some actual progress on the field, the great media herd will shift just as decisively in that direction and begin to sing our praises.

Which will be fun too, since so many of our burgundy and gold brethren---those only happy when they're bitchin' about somethin'---will have something new to bemoan. ;)

OM's right. Even under Cerrato, we had the occassional tame, constrained off season, but then would follow it up with signing Fat Al to an unprecendented contract. Give the media another couple of years and they'll adjust.

Or not, whatever.

I can't help but wonder if this isn't a bit depressing for Bucs fans. I mean, we spend a lot of stupid money on big names for years and get the headlines. This year we forgo that course, spend less on lesser stars while they spend stupid money and we still get the headlines.

Tampa didn't catch hell when they did this before their SB run with Dungy. They went on a big shopping spree just like the rAIDERS DID, JUST LIKE nEW eNGLAND HAS MANY TIMES, pHINLLY NOW HAS, Dallas has...blah blah blah (sorry capslock). No one will ever catch the hell we have every year since 2000.

It's because of the timing of it all (Snyder trying to buy one his first year out) and the same old story with Snyder....he took away a bunch of hall passes from the press years ago and they've never let him live it down or gotten over it, there is no more crony industry that circles the wagons than the media. The stuff he's pulled since then hasn't done anything to endear him to the press so the piling on and absurd hypocrisy continues. I just tune it out at this stage...the second I start getting the "Danny likes to go shopping and always overpays" crap I tune out completely. Welcome to 2012...it aint 2008 anymore.

Which will be fun too, since so many of our burgundy and gold brethren---those only happy when they're bitchin' about somethin'---will have something new to bemoan. ;)

The end is nigh!

Allen and Shanahan have done a good job in free agency save for Atogwe.

It's been the Year 1 trades that let this team down and got the club off to such a slow start after Zorn's departure.

The McNabb and Jammal Brown trades robbed us of draft picks and also failed to provide us with the quality quarterback and solid tackle the team was counting on getting.

I still don't understand why it was necessary to give Jammal Brown a $27M extension.

Who else was offering him a contract last spring?

He hobbled through most of the games he played for us in 2010, nobody was going to risk a big contract on a guy with a chronic injury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.