• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Does anybody know what today is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, your answer was, incomplete. This day can be many things, to many people. Only one of which you stated.

I, on the other hand, succinctly, and correctly answered the question.

And I want my ****in' cookie!

You're right if you're using a Gregorian Calendar! But what if you are Muslim and using a Hijiri calendar? :) NO COOKIE FOR YOU!

Jaimie, you and I have our differences, I am cool with that. I still like and respect you! This week is one of the holiest weeks in the Christian calendar, therefore there is going to be more discussion of Jesus and God. I would think you could see that and at the very least show a little respect, but you obviously cannot. You're reasoning is, well if they are doing it, why can't I? Is that mature? No one has made any effort to challenge your beliefs! No one. If you find offense in mention of God, you are very sensitive! And I know better. How on earth do you get through life in Houston with Joel Osteen calling Houston his home, you know the Pastor of the largest Church in America, if you can't handle a few mentions of prayer on an internet message board?
For one week, as we celebrate what we believe God has done for us, you can't refrain from challenging comment? Lately, it just seems like you are itching to fight.

As for you Extreme, I have to say, over in Sons of Washington I view your input as an asset. Here in this forum, I have to say, I enjoyed the site much more without your presence. Narcissism is an unattractive character trait. But hey, some might say the same about me so take it for what it is.

As for both of you responding, say whatever you want to say. I am not going to get dragged into this any further.

Like I said in the other thread, I am going to pray for you both! I am not going to pray for you to become a Christian you have obviously made your decisions in that regard, I am simply going to pray that both of you have all you desire in this world! And I will say it with earnest!

Last edited:
As for you Extreme, I have to say, over in Sons of Washington I view your input as an asset. Here in this forum, I have to say, I enjoyed the site much more without your presence.
People will always disagree.

I have strong opinions that I believe deeply in, just as you do. I argued my point, just as you argued yours. I didn't personally attack you in any way, I apologized to you a few times for mistakes I admitted that I made, and I even took your side on a lot of things in here. I just don't get why you're mad at me, I really don't. I'm not mad, debates are debates. I respect anyone that debates with me and doesn't try to hang themselves afterwards. I am the first to admit I can be a brash asshole, and I generally apologize in advance for it.

I don't mean anything toward anyone personally, I never intentionally disrespect anyone, I just don't back down when I think I'm right. When I'm wrong, I admit I'm wrong, just as I have done on this site when I have been proven wrong, or found out I made a mistake. It happens, I'm human. You aren't a hateful person, and you stand by your comments. I have nothing but respect for you, so I don't understand your anger toward me. Here or anywhere else.

Narcissism is an unattractive character trait. But hey, some might say the same about me so take it for what it is.
As long as we're clear on both points :laugh: I'm not a narcissist though. I may be a conceited and stubborn dick at times, but far from narcissistic. I bash myself way more than I bash others, that's not a trait of a narcissist. I'm one of those love me or hate me type of people. I can't and won't change who I am to make anybody happy. Peoples opinions of me mean absolutely nothing to me, because in the end I am here to please my kids, my wife, myself and my family. If other people don't like me, **** em. I don't sweat it.

The problem you appear to have, is that you can't look past differences you have with people. It isn't a character flaw, it's a character trait. I don't believe anyone is flawed. We are who we are, simple as that.

Like I said in the other thread, I am going to pray for you both!
I have no problem with that at all. I said earlier, religion is not my thing, but I totally respect it. I don't bash anyone for their beliefs.

I am simply going to pray that both of you have all you desire in this world!
I have food in my stomach, a roof over my head, a wife who loves me, and two perfect children. I was able to give up years of drugs and a severe drinking problem with no help from anybody and I have been sober nearly 2 years now. That, along with a long and relatively healthy life for me and my loved ones, is all I have ever desired. I think I'm doing ok for myself. No regrets.

I said I would not respond after you guys said what you had to say, but it is important for me to admit when I am wrong. I should not have called you a narcissist in one breath and offer prayers in another. My apologies. Maybe I need some prayers... :betterwink:

I said I would not respond after you guys said what you had to say, but it is important for me to admit when I am wrong. I should not have called you a narcissist in one breath and offer prayers in another. My apologies. Maybe I need some prayers... :betterwink:
:laugh: I have noticed you do share my same warped sense of humor. Great stuff :D

Mike and Lanky: If I see one more 'back and forth' between you two (and I mean one), you're both getting a 90 day break.

Try me.

Sorry - but I've had it with both you guys. That's where we are. I appreciate your individual contributions to BGO a great deal, but the little ongoing pissing match you've got going is starting to detract from the site. It's a shame that two guys who both individually add a lot to this place can't grow up enough to be civil.

I hate to say it publically but apparently you don't respect the staff here enough to respond to the multiple private requests we've made to both of you to knock it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.