• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Do you agree with this depth chart ?

I'm not sure why everyone assumes Morgan is going to play such a bit role. Sure, he was a FA signing but we didn't throw monster money at him and he wasn't a super star in SF even when healthy. Add to that fact that Hankerson has a year in the offense...

Yeah, I agree with this. I see Morgan as camp competition, with his roster spot far from guaranteed. In my opinion, the only WRs who definitely have a spot at this point are Hankerson and Garçon, with Moss, Paul, Morgan & Robinson having to play their way out of a spot this summer (meaning, they are penciled in).

I'm not sure why everyone assumes Morgan is going to play such a bit role. Sure, he was a FA signing but we didn't throw monster money at him and he wasn't a super star in SF even when healthy. Add to that fact that Hankerson has a year in the offense...

Yeah, I agree with this. I see Morgan as camp competition, with his roster spot far from guaranteed.

Hall was speaking very highly of Morgan's performance and catches over the past couple weeks. Of course, take that for what it's worth.

Haha, I was probably one of the ones doing the anointing! I wanted us to draft him before the draft (should have put it in the draft contest, might have won two years in a row!), and was very excited when we did.

I think he's going to turn some heads this year - and will be used in the Andre Johnson role in Kyle's O. Not that he will ever compare to Andre, mind you, but he will be used in that role.
i hope you're right. all i know about hankerson is what we saw last year, which wasn't a lot. he was definitely getting better as he was move involved though.

i probably know less about morgan than i do about hankerson :)
i just assumed he has more experience?

And a friend of mine who is a 49er fan said that Morgan is a big loss for them and will emerge as a key contributor for us.

:scholar:

And a friend of mine who is a 49er fan said that Morgan is a big loss for them and will emerge as a key contributor for us.

:scholar:
this is what i've heard as well.

who knows. hopefully he contributes.

Morgan's career numbers (receptions/yards/TDs):

2008: 20 319 3
2009: 52 527 3
2010: 44 698 2
2011: 15 220 1

Now, I realize he was in a run-heavy offense, and I realize his QB was Alex Smith but he looks like a professional third option to me.

I'm sure if someone compiled the stats of our "3rd options" over the years, it would look much, much worse than that. So, we're not doing so bad if that's all he turns out to be. :)

I'm sure if someone compiled the stats of our "3rd options" over the years, it would look much, much worse than that. So, we're not doing so bad if that's all he turns out to be. :)

I totally agree. I think over the years we've developed a habit of signing other teams' third options to be our second option. I certainly hope that's not the case here.

Personally, I like to see Hankerson take the second starting spot. I'd like to see him beat out Morgan because I don't think Morgan is a starter. But that's just me.

Personally, I like to see Hankerson take the second starting spot. I'd like to see him beat out Morgan because I don't think Morgan is a starter. But that's just me.

Agree 100%. In fact, I'd like to see Hankerson take over the #1 spot. :)

Hankerson's injury was very untimely last year. I believe it happened towards the end of a game in which he as around 100 yards?

I really hope he's everything people are claiming he is. I'd be excited to see production out of the WR position, finally.

Give Hank another year or two. My feeling on him is he was playing pretty well with Rex and Beck throwing to him. Patience is required.

Hankerson's injury was very untimely last year. I believe it happened towards the end of a game in which he as around 100 yards?

I really hope he's everything people are claiming he is. I'd be excited to see production out of the WR position, finally.

More on Hank:

Analyst impressed with Hankerson

Evan Silva, works for Pro Football Talk as a writer and for Rotoworld.com as a writer/analyst (both of those fine sites are corporate cousins of ours). Last night, he put on his analyst hat and bored in on Leonard Hankerson during the two starts he had in 2011 before a hip injury cut his season short.

Silva put out his impressions this morning in a series of tweets. Here is what @EvanSilva had to say about the then-rookie wide receiver:

@EvanSilva said:
Watched & charted every snap from #Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson's two 2011 starts. Good-looking, smooth wideout. Fearless across middle.

Hank caught 13 balls (incl. 2-pt conversion on fade). 9-of-13 over middle. Two big-time leaping grabs over mid late in Wk 10 Dolphins game.

Hankerson played Z vs SF (Wk 9). Moved to featured X spot in Wk 10. Worked Vontae Davis -- one of NFL's top young CBs. Finished with 8/106

More Hank: Big body, knows how to use. Long, lean, athletic. Really moves well. Explodes into routes. HUGE hands. Bigger than Hakeem Nicks'.

All of this looks good but it needs to come with the warning that the sample size is very small. Over the course of 16 games defenses have a chance to adjust and try to take away what a receiver does well.

But if Hank can perform like this all year, Robert Griffin III will have a go-to receiver on third down and the Redskins offense will have the sort of weapon it has been missing for quite some time.

All of this looks good but it needs to come with the warning that the sample size is very small. Over the course of 16 games defenses have a chance to adjust and try to take away what a receiver does well.

But he's already looking a lot more promising than that "Disaster Draft Duo" of Malcomb and Devin.

Morgan could end up being the forgotten man at WR if his injuries linger.

With Moss and Garcon veterans ready to be contributors and Hankerson clearly on the come as a high draft pick of the current coaching staff, Morgan is going to need to be at 100% come camp time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.